TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@redjellybean03 FIVS and Entomology (my daughter’s major) do not participate in PSA or PTA. If she does not get into A&M, then her best option might be just go to BLINN or Corpus as a regular student for a year and apply as a regular transfer. Your student could easily take the basics BIO I&II, CHEM I&II and a few others and do very well, then apply as a transfer.

In hindsight, had we not been told to use entomology to get into FIVS, then she would have gone to ACC for 1 year and then transferred. Again, I saw many direct transfers at the New Student Conference in the FIV program.

@KimmyB a lot depends on the major. All 3 have great, strong athletic programs, if your kid is into sports. 3 completely different geographic locations.
If student was admitted to Baylor Hankamer School of Business, for sure that degree would be worth it.

Can anyone tell me if transferring from Blinn to Mays after a year is doable. I have read the requirements, I understand I’ll probably have to take classes in the summer (have about 6 hours from AP course already done for required classes). I know they say they prefer transfer students ready to be juniors, but I just want to know if it is in someway doable to transfer into mays as a sophomore, 4.0 and gathering all required credits etc. From blinn.

Also, is PSA equivalent to a full rejection?
Do they give PSA to everyone not admitted?
If you are a “C” or “D” student , do you still get PSA?

PSA is just throwing you into the bunch. It is okay depending on the major you want. PSA is a partial rejection. PSA is given to most not admitted not sure about all. You have to be somewhat competent to get PSA but some that get it are not all great students.

1 Like

For those of you just offered PSA. My son who applied as a Bims major took the PSA offer 2 years ago and had a wonderful experience at Tarleton State his 1st year! He had to pick a major that was offered through PSA and chose Computer Engineering (after he had applied to TAMU he decided to go the engineering route anyway) He had small classes where his professors actually knew him by name and came away with great grades! (4.0 and 3.75) He transitioned easily to A&M this past fall and is doing pretty well adjusting to being in CS.
Please don’t be to disappointed with the PSA offer. The year flew by even with all the Covid crap. He’s just a regular A&M sophomore now and looking forward to getting back to in-person classes full-time.
My 2025 engineering son got the full offer and as proud as I am, I’m actually a little worried and disappointed he won’t get that smaller school experience his older brother got to have. Best of luck in whatever path you choose!!

4 Likes

I would say not but that’s of course just an opinion. Tech is a great school and much more affordable!

1 Like

I got psa with 3.6gpa and 30 act so if student has 2.5 gpa and 27 act, I would hope isn’t also getting psa…but anything’s possible if they want to give every kid a chance. I fought thru 5 cancelled tests, 5 months of act tutoring because dates kept getting pushed back. Was certain that my 30 would have got me at least Team but not so

1 Like

What was your major, dear?

so you’re saying anyone with a lower score than u should get declined admission because u got PSA?

Curious as to why you waited until Oct to apply. I see that quite a bit where people are applying all the way up to the deadline.

What’s your major? I have similar gpa and 32 Act and I’m still waiting on waitlist/Blinn TEAM

Our delay in applying was due to trying to get test scores for Honors College … multiple cancellations, had to take it out of town (twice) :frowning:

Psychology and forensic science. I had no idea it mattered when you applied. If I knew that I would have applied August 1.

Psa is declined admission. It says on my screen

FRESHMAN DENIED- PSA OFFERED

3 Likes

PSA doesn’t really work for Business Majors/Mays applicants. I don’t see any sense in accepting or attempting it for my son when he’s been directly admitted to other strong Business programs like JSOM at UTD or Rawls at Texas Tech.

For someone who is dead set on being an Aggie only and wants to major in Business then applying as transfer from another university or community college is the only option and that’s not easy.

So yea, PSA is a “soft” denial.

does anybody know anything about the McAllen campus?

if anybody does, I would think it would be @AggieMomhelp

2 Likes

Eek. I don’t. I just know it’s like Galveston. Full admit and can do change of major as well. Very small too, if I am remembering right.

https://mcallen.tamu.edu/Admissions#ug-admit

ok thank you @AggieMomhelp