TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Gotcha. I had a ~4.7 out of 6 GPA, 1250 SAT, no ACT, ranked 177/865 in my class (about 20% in class). 11 APs 1 DC, 1st quarter. I thought I had an essay but prob could’ve done better. Not sure what your challenges or if they were insinuating. I had about 70 community hours (not sure how much that matters to an extent). Started my own yard business and yes the extracurriculars. And I got PSA. So I believe there is still a chance you get in. However, I am not sure if you had some crazy challenges that you overcame which could help you quite a bit. My conclusion is to be prepared for PSA, better students than me got PSA. Plan for a path you might want to take if you don’t get in (such as blinn or taking the PSA offer). But you still have a chance. There doesn’t seem to be a consistency with the kids not getting PSA right now and those still being in review, I have a friend who is not so great a student but still in review. You are a great student but tamu has become very difficult to attain to, mostly 10% getting in or close to it. But don’t forget you definitely still have a shot if your challenge was very difficult or something.

Part of those stats are after first semester seniors year. Before GPA and rank were just a bit lower. like 23%

So, if we start a Bryan PTA group I wonder if we would have many takers.

Someone usually makes a transfer group. I would think it would be useful to include all transfer and PTA applicants on it.

Agree. People would just need to spell out if they r PTA or transfer, because it looks like requirements r a little different.

1 Like

Has anyone been offered blinn for Human Resources? I am still waiting for a decision. My application says under review!

@AggieMomhelp My application is under review. Is it still possible to receive a team blinn decision?

Without knowing any stats, I really can’t tell. Were you offered any options yet or have you had zero movement?

Do you still have the change of major button?

Honestly, I’m not sure why some people have had no movement at all and haven’t been offered PSA. PSA has come out at separate times though in years past, so they may still be doing more of that. BUT I do not feel any more Team offers will come out unless you are on the waitlist.

it doesn’t really matter when you apply, I know some people that applied in August and are still in review… no one seems to know what their application review process is, which sucks.

1 Like

I applied for nutritional sciences which is in the ag department and haven’t heard back either. Hoping they’re saving a few full admit/blinn team decisions for last🤞🏻

1 Like

@reddenj29 it does matter when you apply, as A&M has rolling admissions, and some majors quickly fill up-Mays, Viz, Engineering especially. When Mays is full (usually October), it is full.
Also makes a huge difference when you apply, so you get better Housing selection time when accepted.
But on the flip side-just because a student applies August 1, doesn’t guarantee Admission…they still have to qualify for A&M- rank/test scores/great resume, etc. If they aren’t Top 10%/Auto Admit, then they should know to wait. I think A&M tries harder than any other school, to find a place or pathway for students that apply.

2 Likes

If that’s true and they do rolling admissions it doesn’t make sense that people have applied on August 1st and haven’t gotten a single word… I applied in October and haven’t heard a single thing (haven’t gotten PSA, TEAM, or waitlist). Universities like OU and TTU have rolling admissions as well and I heard back in 3 weeks after applying to them. I do believe that A&M aren’t trying to set up students for failure and are trying to give opportunities, but the process is frustrating whenever you don’t even get an email in 6 months or can’t even get any kind of idea or answer from the admissions office.

1 Like

Yes but tech and ou have less requirements for admission than A&M and Texas do. Those schools also have less applicants. When my daughter applied, she was in at tech and Texas State within 3 weeks of applying.

It’s an apples and orange comparison.

3 Likes

@reddenj29 i absolutely agree that the wait and lack of communication is awful. Personally, I like the way UT does it-on a certain date, you get Cap or straight rejection. At least those students know, and can move on.
Clearly A&M’s admissions system needs a serious overhaul.
One big problem is, Ivy League, California schools and other National Merit-type schools don’t send out their admission decisions until April. So there are students who have been accepted to A&M, then might go to Georgia Tech or Stanford, if they get in…which would open up spots at A&M.
Tech, OU, OSU don’t have near as many applicants and their admission standards aren’t as high as A&M (most majors). So they can truly do ‘rolling admission’.
It is frustrating. I am sorry…

5 Likes

100% this! TAMU needs to seriously overhaul there admissions process and have a certain date…let everyone know on the same day: Blinn Team or PSA…that’s it…done. This 5-6 months of waiting with ZERO communication and everyone going crazy waiting for tabs and watching for buttons to disappear is awful.

6 Likes

@Momof3B agree :100:! Some may knock UT for their Cap/rejection way…but everyone knows when it is, when to expect it. They can move on.
A&M needs a serious Admissions process overhaul. What worked 5-8 years ago, isn’t cutting it, with 55,000+ applying.

5 Likes

I hope they admissions spies stalking this forum and taking notes lol

3 Likes

Agreed, UT’s way definitely seems more efficient and almost courteous in a way. I think this year/past year especially was very difficult for A&M because not only are they getting class of 25’ freshman applicants, but they’re also getting 24’s as well because many didn’t apply due to COVID… I hope they will learn from this year and make changes in the future after seeing how competitive their numbers are!

1 Like

You contradict yourself. It doesn’t matter when you apply - a&m is a hot mess with all this. It just is. Reading the last week’s posts…people are all over the place.

@LHBmom not sure how I am contradicting myself?
It does matter when you apply, especially if you’re Auto Admit, and you want Mays, Viz, Engineering and other small colleges. It matters for Housing, too.
For those that don’t have Auto Admit stats, just because they apply in August, doesn’t guarantee them a spot-I think many don’t fully realize that. I do think it’s still better to apply early, if nothing else, to get applications out of the way and enjoy senior year.
Agree that A&M admissions process is truly a hot mess. I hope they receive lots of backlash and attempt to change it. It needs to be more cut/dry, dates adhered to. I think the whole ‘holistic’, ‘test optional’ thing could be a huge can of worms…

3 Likes