When did you apply: 8/26
Class Rank: Top 25%
SAT (with Sub Scores)
ACT (with Sub Scores) 30
When did you receive your admission decision: 9/29
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Mays Business

Good Luck to everyone!

@annokie , we now have the Engineering acceptance letter showing in AIS. Ours also showed a time of 3:52 a.m. but it was not loaded into AIS until about 2 p.m. We also received it via email.

Did anyone get this msg?
Congratulations,! You’ve Been Admitted!
Welcome to the Aggie Family!
You have been admitted to Engineering Review (UNEN). Your NSC Registration will be delayed until the College of Engineering review has been completed. Files completed by October 15th will be reviewed and a decision notification posted here by mid-December. Decisions will post in mid to late January for files completing after October 15. You may apply for on-campus housing immediately by visiting http://reslife.tamu.edu/.

Welcome to Aggieland!

@Momof0ne So your kiddo is under review for Engineering… or did the howdy say otherwise? I can’t remember what you’ve posted about the status online.

@AggieMomhelp, the message above is what she got as she logged into AIS. Under Manage Applications in Howdy it says : Application Status- Under Review, Major- UNEN, Program- BAC-UNEN, Location- College Station.

-class rank -26/763, 3.41%

-SAT -1500.
-APs - 8 till Junior year, 4 in senior year,
-4 year orchestra, 4 year golf varsity (2 year regional, 2 year all regional team, 2 year all district 1st team, 3 year all district academic team)
-Orchestra council, NHS, Mu Alpha theta, Model UN (Best delegate, Best position paper) etc. Couple of leadership positions.
-300+ volunteer hours
-Research paper under peer review may be published later this year.
-Will complete requirements for AA at local CC this December, planning to graduate May 2021.
-Jason Argonaut, HOBY ambassador, National Merit Semifinalist, College Board National Recognition for Rural and Small town.

She Submitted her application around 2:00 PM on September 28th (this past Monday), So we were expecting to wait for at least a week or two. We were pleasantly surprised to see the status change to “Congratulations, You’ve been admitted”. It didn’t occur to us that we should check Howdy till late yesterday.

So my daughter is a review admit. We submitted on 8/5 and still haven’t heard. Top 15%, varsity choir and cheer, leadership, service hours, all AP classes. Hoping to get into BIMs. I see lots of review admits hearing back which is wonderful! Wondering if anyone has line of sight to BIMS.

@P2KMama My impression is that all? the review admits getting admittance are either NMSQ, Engineering, or Mays. Congratulations to all those, btw!

Sooo…are there any review admits receiving admission that were NOT NMSQ, Engineering, or Mays?? Thank-you!

My son is also a review admit who applied mid August to Ag and Life Sciences. Best Wishes to all

Whats NMSQ?

@twintoAM I believe it means National Merit Scholarship Qualified (Not positive about the Q)

Congratulations! @TxBluebonnets Looks like our kids received their acceptance in the same batch.

Sorry about the previous post by me above…my daughter received admission this week to college of science-Math degree, review admit.

Does anyone know how competitive College of Architecture UNIVERSITY STUDIES - BS, GLOBAL ARTS, PLANNING, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION CONCENTRATION major is? Literally, asking for a friend. :slight_smile:

Can someone educate me on the “six tabs”? There are six options to choose from in AIS, in a black bar at the top. Not sure if that’s what we’re talking about here, I’m assuming not.

Review admit, Engineering, out of state.

@Gaylord88 , the six tabs are on the Howdy portal (howdy.tamu.edu), that is different from the AIS. Your child will have to log in to it using the same credentials as the AIS. Hope that helps!

@Gaylord88 Sure! The tabs being mentioned are in Howdy. Before admittance, the student has 3 tabs at the top of Howdy - Home, Applicant, My Howdy. Typically right before someone is offered admittance, those 3 tabs become 6 or 7, with things like Student Life, Finances, ?? Sorry I don’t recall the others. Hope this helps

@twintoAM

Sorry, I should of said National Merit Finalist or Semifinalist, not NMSQ. Being a NM candidate seems to move the application along, at least based on earlier posts.

Sooo…are there any review admits receiving admission that were NOT NM, Engineering, or Mays??

So far there is @babymomma ! Congratulations!

Thanks a bunch! I was all kinds of lost.

I think I posted my comment in a different thread previously. For my 2 sons, one was commended and the other was SF at the time of their applications (which submitted on the same day). They received all their 4 admissions (TAMU in general, engineering, engineering honors, and university honors) all on the SAME days. So, from my personal experience, I really don’t see that being a NMSF “move the application along”. Just want to give non-NMSF students a positive thought. :smile:

My son’s first SAT score was 1370 in 2019. He was unable to take it again due to COVID. He is signed up for November 7th. If he gets a better score, will he have time to submit and will they consider it for scholarships? He has already applied to College of Engineering but hasn’t received admittance yet.