TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@atx888 how do you find who the admissions counselor is ?

1 Like

We have no clue! This whole time we haven’t had anyone. Other colleges have made everything super transparent and even call my daughter to touch base and talk. TAmu, nada!

1 Like

Exactly! We (both my son and I as the parent) got regular emails and check ins from the Admissions Counselor at Texas Tech throughout the process.

2 Likes

https://admissions.tamu.edu/advisors - hover over “Regional Advisors” in the left hand nav bar.

Some schools are definitely better than others with re: to staying in touch. And some schools unfortunately, you get dealt a crappy AO who doesn’t respond. We had one school where I passive aggressively complained about never hearing from our AO after several inquiries, and the AO I finally reached apologized profusely and reassigned herself to us even though we weren’t her region.

Mine just put down housing deposit for Tech this morning as all but $75 refundable until 5/1.

Started a TAMU forum as BLINN PTA is other option she is looking at.

1 Like

When did you apply: 11/30/2020
Class Rank: Not Available
SAT 1330 (Math 730)
3.74 UW GPA
When did you receive your admission decision: 03/02/2021
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Auto Admit
Major/College of Choice: General Engineering at Galveston/ College of Engineering

DS had applied to College Station and wondering if he will be able to transfer to that location later on, I would think they have better choices for classes since it’s their main campus?

Oh boy, you are missing a ton of information. Galveston is a one year program for engineering unless you want to stay for ocean engineering. Once your daughter completes and applies for ETaM, she will move to main campus in college station.

Google Tamu engineering ETaM. Lots of info on what ETaM is, guaranteed choice, etc.

1 Like

I don’t believe TAMU honors a true “Gap” year. Class of 2024 would have to reapply.

2 Likes

Definitely have to reapply but I think what peeps are meaning or at least how I took it, is that they are still coming in as a freshman applicant vs transfer so the pool is higher. Tamu waits for no one so you are definitely correct that they must reapply.

3 Likes

Is there a possibility of more full acceptances, or are they pretty much over?

Aside from those on waitlist, I believe full admits are done. Maybe there could be some team offers out there, but typically at this point it’s PSA.

I would love to be wrong though.

I just sent an email. Weird how other universities assign you someone and they actually reach out to you.

We had someone assigned to my daughter as of last spring. She had a one on one session with her over the begining of summer. I believe that my daughter had signed up for something during Aggieland Saturday, the the school had her email. Then a nice young lady from the Admissions office reached out to her. There were direct lines between my daughter and her AC all summer and fall long. We were really lucky.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, say someone for ‘24 decided to defer and reapply for ‘25: if they would have been an auto-admit for ‘24, would they still be auto-admit for ‘25 or would they now fall into the review-admit pool?

Us too in the same boat.

Yes. They are still auto. They have 2 years from graduation to be auto admit.

My son has his heart set on being an Aggie. He’s had no movement whatsoever on AIS and Howdy. His major is Political Science. Hell be graduating high school with 62 hours from Texas A&M International University (we noticed that TAMIU is a PSA school) with a 3.5 GPA. Does anyone know if he could wait a semester and the apply for spring as a transfer? Or would he have to take some classes at TAMIU in the fall and then apply to transfer?
PS He doesn’t mind losing a couple of hours since he’s already ahead.

I worry he has too many hours to transfer to Tamu. Pols caps out at 60 credit hours for a transfer. He will not get offered psa or team because of his hours.

Now not all of his credits may transfer which would be in his favor, but you won’t know that unless you meet with advisor or after you apply and get transfer audit.

2 Likes

To apply as a transfer student, you have to complete 24 hours after high school. If all his credits are dual credit, that will limit what his major can be. Here is a sheet that you can scroll through pretty easily to see what the max number of transferrable credits are allowed. https://tap.tamu.edu/TransitionAcademicPrograms/media/Assets/files/CHANGE-OF-MAJOR-Sep17(2018).pdf

1 Like