TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Tamu will want them to have one semester in college before applying. Dual credit counts but need actual college semester. But doesn’t need all 24 to be after college. Many students do dual credit plus one semester and apply.

1 Like

When my daughter transferred, they said the 24 hours had to be post high school. Oh well, she is there now…

Well I’m glad she’s there now!! But yeah, they just want 24 graded credits and at least one full semester at college level. Like they can’t just do a summer session, must be fall. And many times they won’t have completed 24 by December and they’ll just defer them for spring grades if they look like a strong candidate.

In my eyes, it doesn’t hurt to apply when you can. There’s no limit. I have a student who applied 4 times before they got in. And another student who applied 3 times and didn’t get in. The first improved each semester. The 2nd one, didn’t. So admissions/major really does look at where you are and how you got there.

That was such a tangent. Sorry lol.

When she did apply last January for Fall 2020 admission, she was accepted in April. She hadn’t even finished her required science class that she had to have a “B” in for acceptance. Crazy times for sure!

2 Likes

@SenseiMom26 out of curiosity, does the high school counselor know how many college credits your son will have, and what his goal is? Is TAMUI aware his goal is to attend TAMU? Why sooo many hours??
Seems like someone should’ve mentioned having too many hours could potentially be a big problem.

1 Like

Is there a way to search comments on this thread without scrolling through? I’m trying to find out what it means when the “change major” button disappears but everything else is the same.

If I remember correctly, that means a decision has been made.

And yes you can search. Use the magnifying glass at the top right hand corner of the page.

I was trying to look for the same thing! My change of major button is gone as of this morning. I remember reading something about it about a week or so ago, but this is an active thread so couldn’t find it!

1 Like

Search didn’t show up on my cell but now I see it on laptop. Thanks for responding.

1 Like

When your change major button disappears if means PSA decision is about to be given

1 Like

Good luck to everyone. I know this has been hard. I sincerely hope you all get some answers.

1 Like

Change of major is definitely PSA. I think ais will update in 2 days if it’s like the last round of psa a week or so ago.

I know it’s not the answer you may want, but good alternative to full admission in a year.

2 Likes

I’ve heard you mention that Full admission, Gateway, Blinn Team, and PSA are all but done being given out. If we still have the Change of Major button, does that mean full rejection is the only option left? Just trying to be realistic here. Your knowledge and advice have made this VERY long wait a little less stressful. We have been in Review since August 2nd with NO movement at all.

Oh wow. I can’t believe you’ve had nothing. But yes, I do believe the only thing left is for waitlist people.

What were your stats and major? I’m sorry you waited so long. It’s such a process. And as I’ve stated before, I truly hope I’m wrong and there’s more out there!!!

@AggieMomhelp Do you know how many Blinn Team offers generally are given?

I think around 4000 in years past and about 60% accept.

What if you are waitlisted and being considered for TEAM, still have all buttons, but are still waiting

1 Like

You’re good. You’ll get full or team. Most likely full since it’s been this long.

3 Likes

Thank you!!! Praying that is the case😊

2 Likes

That is the boat we are in. I assume we will receive a rejection soon.

1 Like