TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Academies are the only place he’ll take classes from TAMU professors for engineering. PSA is just not a valuable route for engineering. I just read through the Austin Community college site from the link I sent you. It explains it all. I’m sure they are all like this. Depending on where you live, there should be a community college near you in the bigger cities like Austin, Houston, Dallas, etc.

It is very spelled out on what they need to do and it’s no different than Blinn TEAB except the community college isn’t necessarily close to TAMU campus and you don’t take classes at TAMU for engineering (BUT you still get TAMU engineering profs).

To me, it’s a no brainer.

2 Likes

anybody’s Howdy not opening up?

Ours is not opening either.

1 Like

It looks like it is working again!

1 Like

Phase 3 housing question: What is the deadline to select a roommate/finish the Phase 3 option? My son is waiting for his friend to make a decision which might take up to 2 weeks. He would prefer to room with his friend if possible, not sure if we will be missing the deadline waiting for him. We paid the housing deposit back in September, so the general housing deadline is not an issue. Thanks!

yup, mine’s also working again!

Fall 2020
Phase III - Early March to Early April
Phase IV - Late April to Early May (timeslots released mid April)

I would assume something similar for Fall 2021

You’ve got time. I haven’t heard of any deadline. And since your time slot is based on the September deposit, he’ll be fine.

1 Like

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but is anyone else still waiting to hear about University Honors? My daughter was accepted to Tamu and liberal arts back in December or January… but no word from university honors yet.

Mine applied in November and was waitlisted … when we contacted them in early March they said initial decisions coming out soon then alternates in May. But, they can’t offer you Honors until you apply for Honors Housing, and you can’t apply for housing until you are admitted from the waitlist, so we are stuck in limbo :frowning:

1 Like

Waiting here. I did ask the kid if she had heard anything. She said that she read notifications would go out by the 31st of this month

Still waiting here, too. No changes.

So if we see the change of major button disappear… should I fully expect PSA or could it be something different? My change of major button has been gone at least 4 days and still ‘complete and in reveiw’

Thank you! I should’ve done my own homework!

1 Like

Yes, that’s PSA. Should have an update like any second though. 4 days is a long time with no decision after button is gone.

Lots of other ways to get to Tamu depending on your major.

1 Like

I could not agree with what you wrote any more than I do! I have had 2 sons accept admission through the PSA. My first son was disappointed and his ego was bruised but knew he wanted to be an Aggie and now he had a guarantee that he could be by following the agreement A&M made with him. My second son was elated with the offer because he watched my 1st son be successful. After months of waiting for someone else to make a decision about their future, my boys were now in the driver’s seat and they were the one who could make A&M admission happen. They developed a group of friends who were also PSA students and they kept each other motivated and their 1st year passed quickly. One son has graduated and the other will order his ring after this semester. No one ever asked or cared if they started through the PSA and both are totally maroon blooded Aggies. Please don’t fall into the “poor me” trap and, if being an Aggie is important to you, suck it up and do what you need to to become one! If you do your part, A&M will guarantee you a spot starting your sophomore year.

7 Likes

I agree that A&M should reduce the percentage of auto admits it accepts (10% rule) but the Texas Legislature are the people who are required to change that. Texas A&M does not have the authority to change it.

I agree with what you wrote! There is definitely a huge positive to having professors personally know your name. Also, having that first year in a smaller setting allowed my children to learn how to “college” with a great safety net. We loved our PSA experiences.

UT-Austin uses the 6% rule to admit 75% of its class. 15% are review admit and 10% are OOS.

I imagine if A&M was admitting more than 75% of its class with the 10% rule it could appeal to lower the percentage for auto-admit.