TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Your daughter will be able to pick her PSA school. I would recommend visiting a couple and see which one feels the most “right.”

I was just writing this. The burden actually falls on the university, not the state, to set the % limit in order to meet the 75% state law. And as you say, appeal to change the auto-admit percentage.

UT has no more physical space. They had to lower the university % rule to meet 75% state law.
A&M is attacking this by increasing enrollment, but for how long.

As Texas Tech picks up very high quality students that are just on the edge of each of these %'s.

And don’t sleep on UH which has improved its graduation rates to be even with TX Tech in 2013 and improved a pt in 2014 to 62%. That’s quite good for a public, urban university with lots of PT work options. UH’s SAT range is 1140-1290 vs. 1080-1250 at TT.

Both UH and TT, plus other TX and OOS public universities, are benefitting greatly from increasing student populations in Texas and minimally increasing enrollment in Austin.

UH’s undergrad population has grown from 29,378 in 2010 to 38,213 in 2020. A&M may have grown at least that much (~9K) over that time.

4 Likes

That’s spooky as I was just having a conversation about UH during lunch

1 Like

@tristatecoog UH Bauer Business School is fabulous! And Hilton Hospitality College is the best around. Athletics gaining national recognition again, too.
No more ‘Cougar High’!

4 Likes

Waitlisted/ blinn consideration here-
Getting extremely worried my chance for blinn team has gone and I’ll be stuck waitlisted until I have to ultimately keep my housing/meal plan contract with my second college choice. Or just rejected. Not sure what is left to do, wish I had answers! :frowning:

@isabelcruz what are your stats-
When did you apply, what majors, rank/gpa/did you submit test scores?

My daughter has applied for Ag Leadership with Sociology as a 2nd choice. She has very average (below average compared to this group, lol) stats - 2nd quarter, 3.3 GPA and no SAT.

I already have a Senior and Sophomore at A&M, so hoping to get this little Freshman in.

She applied 10/31/20 and graduated in December. All final transcripts have been received. We’ve heard absolutely nothing, except for an email when she first applied asking what her plans were for the Spring, to make sure she wasn’t going to be attending anywhere.

Today the change of major button disappeared. Does that mean she’ll be getting a denial?

I think if the change of major button disappears and she doesn’t have 6 tabs in Howdy, that means PSA. At least, that seems to be what’s happened recently to people.

1 Like

Thank you!

I also share very similar stats to your daughter. My button disappeared yesterday, and I am still waiting. I am anticipating PSA, sadly. I wish your daughter the best in whatever the outcome may be.

1 Like

My change of major button disappeared. What does that mean?

Probably PSA, may take 3-4 days to show up.

Ok! Thank you for letting me know! Has anyone heard of anyone getting rejected?

I don’t think anyone has been outright rejected unless they had incomplete applications. At this point I think waitlisted folks are still waiting.

1 Like

PSA is considered a “soft” rejection. Hard rejections are rare - usually due to incomplete applications or whatever other unknown reason.

1 Like

When my son transferred it showed his first major at the top of AIS. When he wasn’t selected for that major it automatically changed to his second choice (and thankfully he got in). Does anyone know if it does that for Freshmen too?

I saw someone’s May’s 1st, Econ 2nd change and then he was offered Econ team. I think majors changing is a good sign.

Majors changing to 2nd choice is usually a sign that you’ll be accepted and first choice is full. Missing the change of major button is PSA.

Those still waiting on waitlist will most likely get full admit.

1 Like

Does anyone know if you get admitted to the McAllen campus if you get a banner?

1 Like