TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

My son got accepted on Tuesday and I’m impatiently waiting for his sign/packet to arrive in the mail. Has anyone else in that same batch gotten theirs? It shouldn’t matter so much, but I want him to have more than just the email. Besides, if you don’t post the pic, did it really even happen? LOL

@sapphire33 My son was also admitted last Tuesday and we haven’t received the packet yet. We also didn’t get the email (he checked spam folder), but the letter is in AIS and everything says accepted to engineering. We are also anxiously waiting for that sign!

@sapphire33 My son got accepted on September 22… still waiting! Some people got theirs over a week ago. I guess it will make it that more exciting!

@kscm91 @tmclanton It’s good to know that I’m not the only one waiting. Thanks!

I got accepted today! Thanks so much to everybody that has helped me out and answered my questions.

@MCP2003 Congratulations!!! That’s great news!

Oh my goodness Congratulations ?? That is incredible!!!

We’re you a review admit??

Hello everyone,

For those who are in the review process (not auto-admit) and apply for engineering, have you received your decision yet? Or when do you think they would release the decision for those who are in review?

Thanks

@donuttt My son was NOT auto. He applied for engineering Aug 8 and was accepted on Sep 29. His stats are…

When did you apply: August 8
Class Rank: 160/1028, Top 16th% of a large, competitive high school
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1530… Math 770, English 760
ACT (with Sub Scores) 33… Eng 33, Math 33, Reading 32, Science 34, STEM 34
When did you receive your admission decision: ACCEPTED Sep 29
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering
Unweighted GPA - 3.75
Weighted GPA - 4.60
Varsity Golfer
NHS, Science NHS
Various clubs/volunteering but no leadership positions due to the time demands of golf practices/tournaments

My son was accepted into Engineering (review admit; homeschooler) on September 29th via AIS and finally got his banner today on October 5th. He never did get an email. I’m still amazed that he heard so early.

Yup! 2nd quartile, 34 ACT

@MCP2003 Congrats! WHOOP!!!

Okay… I am going to take a minute and be real. My son has been accepted into TAMU and Mays. He has not received the sign yet and I have not told him because I am hoping to see some excitement from him (he seemed unimpressed with Arkansas and Texas Tech.)
I just had a conversation with him and asked if Tamu was still his first choice. He said yes… however, if he does not get into Mays Business Honors, he will go to Tech since he will most likely get a lot more scholarships.
My heart sank at the thought of him not going to TAMU. Not sure why I am so stuck on TAMU for him. I loved it and was excited that he says it is his first choice. I just hate that he might choose to go somewhere else due to money. I guess I should be grateful. However, we have one child, that worked his butt off, and wants to go to an in-state public school… I don’t think that is a lot to ask. I wish we would find out about Business Honors soon… or that he would commit completely based on the fact that it is a great school and where he wants to go. I am trying to encourage him to apply for University Honors. He also just started to date a girl who is going to TAMU… maybe her excitement will rub off on him!

Vent over…

@tmclanton I want our dang banner, too! lol We are definitely biased toward A&M in our house, so I get it. But if he wants to major in business, Mays is truly the way to go. Their graduates are consistently recruited by top companies, the Aggie network can open a lot of doors for him, and Mays is one of the most prestigious business programs in the state. We live in College Station, my husband and I are both Aggies (he graduated from Mays), and now our son will probably go there. We bleed maroon and all that. :smiley: Okay, I’m getting off my soapbox. Good luck to your son as he makes his decision. Maybe the banner will win him over. :smiley:

Anxiously waiting for our banner, too! It’ll be a week tomorrow since his acceptance so fingers crossed it’ll come in the next day or two!

Hi everyone! Trying to figure out dorm stuff after looking at so much online! My daughter is interested in living in the Commons in either Krueger or Mosher. She is NOT an engineering major and it seems like there are so many kids that are in that major that live in the Commons because of the Learning Communities. Do you think she will feel “out of place” there because she is an Allied Health major? Thanks for the input!

How long does it usually take for the “Engineering Review”? My daughter’s status changed to “You’ve been Admitted” on AIS on 10/1 and “WHOOP! You have been ADMITTED” on Howdy manage applications on 10/2. But her major is still “UNEN” and Program “BAC-UNEN”. Thanks!

When did you apply: 9/15/2020
Class Rank: Top 25%
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1400 - 730 Reading, 670 Math
ACT (with Sub Scores): N/A
GPA UW:3.796
GPA W: 4.69/6
37 Dual Credit Hours - 4.0 GPA
ECS: 2 years Band and Color Guard, ASL Club President 2 years, NHS member
When did you receive your admission decision: 9/29/2020
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Mays Business School, Accouting 5 year Masters Program.

Daughter was also accepted by Oklahoma State Honors and really likes their Business Program. She likes the they have a Business Living Learning program and the Campus is smaller. We did not think we would hear from TAMU until March, if at all - we heard it is super hard to get into TAMU. Oklahoma State has been very responsive and right now it is her first choice. Now we are trying to convince her TAMU is probably the better choice, but convincing a teen - not an easy task.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Did you check to see if she has any letters in AIS under “My Communications.” My son had his acceptance letter (for engineering, not just general acceptance) there before his major changed in Howdy. I think Howdy updated 3 days after the letter. We never did get an email so don’t count on that.

OMG we are the same person. My hubby and I live here too and I graduated from Mays (wasn’t Mays at the time). My son is a junior in Mays now. It’s definitely a great program and agree with all that you said. And how amazing is it to live in Aggieland? I never left.