TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@ECHShopefull agree with @AggieMomhelp, too many hours can actually hurt incoming students. It’s a shame counselors aren’t mentioning this. At our Mays NSC, they were saying students entering with so many hours (Dual Credit specifically) is becoming a big problem, they’re not a fan.
Not every Top 10% student enters with that many. And yes, definitely pays to apply early.
What major did your student apply for?

@52AG82 Yes I am starting to see that. Not one counselor cautioned us to such. In fact, we were SOLD by them and the administration on what a fantastic opportunity it would be.
Math major is first choice, statistics second.

1 Like

On the bright side it saves you money and if you’re wanting graduate studies after, then you’re still young.

I really think you’ll be fine. What’s his backup school? A junior college won’t be helpful at all so definitely need a 4 year college.

My rank says 1st quarter, is that good or does it need to be top 10??

Accepted UH, UT Dallas, TXST, Baylor , and TTU. Choice was Tech after visiting campus.

1 Like

The highest you can be ranked is top qtr by Tamu. You’re fine. I really think you’ll get in.

2 Likes

My son applied in October and his application status still shows “under review”. When can he expect to get a decision?

We got PSA with 30 ACT and 3.8 gpa, volleyball team, AP classes…etc. etc…so there must have been a ton of great applicants. I was well within their numbers. Now have to decide on SMU or Baylor which is fine with me. Look at what you have, not what you don’t. Helps in this situation. I was upset for 5 minutes then moved on. Always another pathway.

8 Likes

And my parents said eff them if they don’t want you. Their loss :slight_smile: :wink:

5 Likes

I like”Look at what you have, not what you don’t”. Were you complete/under review or waitlisted/Team? Good luck at Baylor or SMU.

1 Like

That is a great outlook! You will do great wherever you choose!

1 Like

Complete and in review from October 30 until March 11th. No movement or offers of team/Blinn

Psychology and Forensics

Checking daily for 4.5 months I was over it. Good luck to everyone remaining!!!

3 Likes

coltcali, do you mind me asking your son’s stats? I have a '26 Aggie/Mays hopeful. We just got SAT scores in and are trying to see where she might compare. Your son is the first non-auto admit Mays I have found on this thread so far.

It’s also about applying early. With no academic admits, it opens up more room reviews admits.

What’s her score? 1350 and up with 1st quarter and good ECs gives her an almost guarantee in if apply in august.

1300 is solid and will give her a chance. Less than that and it’ll be hard.

3 Likes

I am so with you.

I was told it would be last week. I really don’t think they know. Every other college has been so helpful. Guess when you have 70,000 you really are just a number.

That’s exactly what my son said when he got PSA. :relaxed:

Engineering ETAM 2025 is now updated to reflect 3.75 cumulative GPA for automatic entry into first choice major

3 Likes