TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Hi there. Currently I am a highschool senior waitlisted and being looked at for blinn team. a ton of my friends have already heard back from waitlist and received blinn team. do you think it’s a good sign that i haven’t heard anything and could possibly be looked at for full admission? also, when do you think that the rest of their decisions will go out (i have been waiting since August 6th, the day i applied). I am top quarter (14% at my highschool which is very competitive) and i have a ton of awards and leadership (class vice president and treasurer, volleyball captain, founder of my own club at my school, and many more. thank you!!

3 Likes

Howdy! I don’t really have an answer for you, just wanted to say you and my daughter are in the same boat! She has also been waitlisted/TEAM Blinn consideration since January. She is top quarter (12%) and has tons of ECs and leadership, plus work, volunteer and IB Diploma. Crossing my fingers and praying that both you and my daughter hear good news this week!
**I do think it is good news that you haven’t heard back yet. Most of those who have already heard were offered PSA, with some Team Blinn. I am hoping this means they are trying to get us in on full admit via waitlist, and will offer Team Blinn if there are no openings. But that’s just a guess.

2 Likes

Thank you and I hope that we both hear back soon! I have been waitlisted since January as well and it is hard to not loose hope. Praying that since we haven’t heard back it’s a good sign, best of luck to your daughter!

3 Likes

I think it’s a great sign that you haven’t heard, assuming you chose both waitlist and team. = )

Your stats are good. I’m assuming you did test optional. Your ECs have great leadership and well roundedness. Best of luck and please keep us posted. BUT, I do think you’ll get the news you want.

And last year, waitlist for full admit heard back in April!!!

2 Likes

To my knowledge, no one has received PSA that was given the option of waitlist/team.

3 Likes

thank you so much for your input! will keep you updated, your words made me have hope again!

2 Likes

Did anyone have any updates this morning to their status?

Same boat and no change!

1 Like

Nothing new here either

Still the same waitlisted/ considered for Team. All buttons😳

2 Likes

What happens if they admit y’all on April 1st? LOL… I can see it now… everyone would be like… UMMMM, is it real? Are they punking us? = )

6 Likes

Same, no change

There is a recent survey for updates on waitlist/team on Reddit. Four people checked that they were offered PSA. I hope they read the survey wrong and thought it was for people just under review also…

NSC changed to virtual this year.

1 Like

So bummed about that!!!

1 Like

Just got the email. That’s so disappointing! :disappointed:

does anybody remember what the last day to choose waitlist/team is because I feel like they might accept us on that date

Yeah, so bummed, was really looking forward to it!

Does anyone know how your spot on the waitlist is determined? Application date, response date, stats, etc?!

Last year they told my daughter that it was not first come first serve and that it didnt matter application date or anything else. They would never give her specifics. I just assume that as a spot opens up in a certain major then they grab someone off the waitlist that fits the category??? I really dont know. I know our daughter was accepted into a major last year and 24 hours later she requested to change major and it was approved almost immediately. She got full admit from waitlist on April 10. Does anyone else have specifics??

3 Likes