TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@SandraL My daughter went to OSU her first year. WE LOVED IT. She did too, but growing up in Aggieland made her appreciate what she left behind when she chose OSU. She moved back here sophomore year.

OSU is a great school with rich traditions. Very similar to TAMU but prettier campus and smaller but not too small. Greek life is great there as well. Bigger than here for sure. However, TAMUs business school far greater than OSU. Bigger network etc. BUT you want her to feel good and happy about where she goes. It’s about succeeding on her own in her own space. AND she can always transfer to TAMU later if she decides to… Not sure I’m helping, but just want to put your mind at ease. Both schools will be great.

@Rmj724 Do not sweat that part. Lots of different majors in the dorm. Yes, more engineering, but not exclusive. She won’t feel left out unless she doesn’t put herself out there. She’ll find her people.

Yes, I did. It still only has the “Freshman Admit” letter. And the major is still “Engineering Review”.

I looked at the New Student Conference website and they now have the dates for NSC… they do not have the majors that will be at each NSC, but we must be getting close to being able to make the next step!

@AggieMomhelp - Thanks for the encouragement. We’re attending Scholars Day at OSU end of October and Visiting TAMU Mid November. Looking to make a final decision by the end of December.

@tmclanton , thanks for the heads up on NSC dates! I can’t find them; where are you looking? I went to a page about NSC but it only says they are planning in person at this time but it could change in April depending on Covid situation. And I poked around in the Howdy but didn’t see anything. Please share where you are finding them or maybe even just post the dates or both!

So I thought someone said we had to schedule the NSC before the housing but since we weren’t able to schedule it last night I went ahead and completed part 2 of housing since ours opened this morning. I’m guessing it doesn’t matter, right?

@ChillyCow https://newaggie.tamu.edu/freshmen/nscdates/

@MizLucyB I believe with them being delayed with setting up NSC, they opened up housing to those admitted on 9/22. We will just need to sign-up for NSC when it opens.

@AggieMomhelp - thanks for the information on OSU. A&M is her first choice but OSU is her second and both have great pre-vet programs! She has already been accepted to OSU with scholarship to defer OOS tuition.

Has anyone heard from the College of Architecture?

1 Like

@AggieMomhelp YES! Let’s get our kids to A&M next year, and the two of us can celebrate over coffee. :smile:

My daughter is an OOS review admit and received her acceptance today. She is an international studies major.
Date applied: 9/17
SAT 1390 (math 740 RRW 650)
GPA 3.8 UW. 4.2 weighted
A few AP classes and many extracurriculars.
Good luck to all the applicants!

@Jasperlady Congratulations to your daughter! Welcome to Aggieland!

Have there been any BIMS majors admitted? Daughter is trying to get into the PreVet program at TAMU. She will be a review admit. We applied 8/5 but have yet to hear anything. Do any of experienced folks on here have an insight into BIMS admission’s timing?

@P2KMama, my daughter is also a review admit, OOS and applied 8/1 and her application has been complete and in review since 8/7. Perfect GPA, 7 AP’s, 3 sport varsity athlete and nothing, nada. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to admission decisions and there certainly does not seem to be an advantage to applying early. She is applying to the Forensics program in Ag/Sciences. Maybe it’s the test optional thing? Who knows? She had 4 SAT’s cancelled and none within a 6 hour radius so she decided to apply test optional. They say it doesn’t hurt applicants, but of course no one will be able to determine that until after this years admissions cycle. I am trying no to be irritated, but I am just a little. So you aren’t out there alone, we are suffering with you.

Question, do you sign up for an NSC even if you don’t know if you will attend? Or does signing up mean you are accepting admission?

@Aguadecoco In the past, the fee for NSC was non-refundable, so typically people only sign up and pay for NSC if they are pretty sure they will be attending. However, if someone doesn’t sign up for NSC by May 1, I think, they are formally turning down admission. First semester tuition isn’t due till like the first week of classes.

@tmclanton Our letter and banner came in the mail today! It felt official to get the actual letter and take pictures with the banner. Did you get yours, yet?

@hope4tamu - I hear you! In 2 years her sister will apply for the Forensics program so I will watch to see how things go for you! Good luck and yes, I would love to see the six tabs, a letter or anything!! Keeping hope alive for TAMU!

@sapphire33 We got our letter and banner, too! Now my son can stop obsessively checking the mail :slight_smile:

@Eggscapgoats thank you so much. Her dad is an Aggie so we know we are lucky she will be back in Aggieland!