TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

How many of you that got PSA will be getting financial aid or grants? These stats are insane for a PSA offer. We know funds were low due to COVID and we also know that International Student enrollment is low this year due to COVID as well. We are wondering if the student aid/grants played a part in the decision this year.

Both although most of the AP is yet to be determined since she hasn’t taken the tests yet this year. I believe she has 14 dual enrollment credits- pre calculus, college algebra, brief calculus and human physiology.

7 Ap classes. 2 last year but only passed with a 3 on one of them. Tests for this year are next month.

I just saw this post. I’m glad you looked back, because I so didn’t remember that at all. I’m sure admissions has a reason/logic/something behind these decisions, but it seems strange that if someone is offered the choice to choose waitlist for full admit and blinn team, then they would be placed on team before those that aren’t given the option. That’s not to take away from anyone who was offered TEAM. I just mean the timing seems strange to me.

Wildife and fisheries is a great program at tamu. Let me know if y’all need help on working through planning course schedules to position him for transfer. Hang in there.

DC for pre calc and algebra probably won’t go towards math credit. It will just be an elective since you have to claim DC credit for college. DO NOT accept AP credit wherever you start. Wait til you’re at tamu UNLESS the ap credit is a required course. Do it on a class by class basis. Once ap is accepted, you can never go back.

1 Like

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like we can accept psa if genetics isn’t a degree that is allowed. There are so few genetic preprogrammed which was the reason to come to Texas. She was accepted to the UC Davis genetics program but it will be 65K a year. Why do they push AP if it doesn’t help you?

1 Like

I agree. Something isn’t adding up. Not just at TAMU, but nation wide. A family friend is top 7% in his class, well ranked high school, extra curriculars, volunteer hours, high SAT score,…and he got turned down at 5 schools. Doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

@klth903 your sons stats don’t make sense to me. Given the date he applied, SAT, rank and leadership, no brainer he should’ve been accepted. We know kids with far lower everything (not this current application round) who have gotten into Wildlife & Fisheries.
He’s already been told No, I’d follow up and find out specifically what kept him from at least getting offered Gateway or TEAM.
It just doesn’t add up…

2 Likes

Are you serious?! what a travesty.

@Mitzubishi I’ve read multiple news articles that mention college applications have soared this year. Rice, UT, A&M, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt, American University, the Ivy Leagues etc have all had staggering numbers of applicants. I think a combination of pandemic/quarantine (some just decided to stay home, wait a year to apply) + test optional offered.
It’s crazy!!

Sorry, I mean she needs to go the straight transfer route. The link I provided is for that, not PSA.

I didn’t see a link. Heading to a Dr. Appt. Will look after done driving

Yes, my parents and I have discussed appealing just because we both feel something was missed and they put my application on the back burner. Appeals are due on the 12th so I need to start working on it ASAP!

2 Likes

I think I missed your stats. Would you share again?

My daughter was Top 12% (missed top 10 by 9 students), 3.7 unweighted GPA, IB Diploma Candidate, over 200 hours volunteer, selected for 3 prestigious local leadership councils, 3 years dance, NHS, Spanish Honor Society, StuCo, Class Officer.

I just feel like something isn’t adding up :confused:

2 Likes

You should appeal as well

2 Likes

Oh wow your daughter had amazing stats! I was top 14% in the cfisd district (cy woods) which is known for being competitive. all 4 years i served at my class’s treasurer and this past year was promoted to Vice President. I started my own club to help the community and served as the President of that. Was varsity volleyball captain for 4 years. Senior year am apart of student exec and all four years was part of student senate, also NHS. i wasn’t able to test bc of covid but i feel as your daughter and I both should appeal. I feel as we were over looked.

2 Likes

You both have very similar stats for sure! I think an appeal isn’t a bad idea. Looking into that now.

When did you apply: Nov 3
Class Rank: 2nd quarter; 3.9 weighted gpa
SAT : 1390
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: review admit
Major/College of Choice: Biology; College of Science
over 45 vol hrs, StuCo, varsity band, tennis, tons of clubs, etc.

just got psa today. good luck to everyone else in the same situation

@gracesebesta appeal! Something just doesn’t make sense. Try to dig around on TAMU website to see stats from prior years-average gpa admitted, that kind of stuff. Mention being in contact with Ag advisors-what they told you, date you applied. Do you know the names of the people you’ve spoken to, have anything in writing? Don’t just accept your offer w/o a fight!

Daughter was waitlist since January. Got 6 tabs yesterday, so we got excited. She just got PSAed. How disappointing. CAP at UTSA it is then. Whomp whomp whomp.

i am!! I’ve emailed the counselors I’ve met with because you have to request an appeal option. Speaking with them now and also have some new information that i wasn’t comfortable sharing in my application but if it will help me get in, I’m going to use it! Also sharing my stats again just in case, hoping this works and i can call myself an Aggie. Will keep y’all updated with the process. Thank you for the kind words.

3 Likes