TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Wow. I’m so sorry to hear that about the friends but yay for your son. I don’t think we saw any of that on here or maybe I missed it.

I’m still on the waitlist/not considering TEAM. Change of major bottom still there.

2 Likes

So did we and I don’t think we will accept. We did the Baylor tour and loved it. When we started this process I prayed God would put her in the right place. Perhaps A&M wasn’t part of the plan. Hang in there!

3 Likes

Oohhh. Oops! Sorry. LOL

Do you think any decisions will come out tomorrow or do they only release during the week days?

1 Like

I got a voicemail today from the tamu office of admissions and they said my decisions will be out by next Tuesday.

good luck

1 Like

Did you talk to admissions and is that why they called you? I didn’t get any voicemail so wondering when I’ll hear back, worried😅.

Ahh…no, but good eye. I was on the 777 development team about a lifetime ago. The screen name has just stuck all these years!

1 Like

Wow, thank you so much. Will definitely be using that and taking note of everything you are saying. I appreciate this so much, thank you. Thank you, thank you!

1 Like

@gracesebesta you have nothing to lose, everything to gain! Have an English teacher proof your appeal-check for spelling, punctuation and offer editing tips. You want it to be solid. Be sure to add documentation of the contact you’ve had with all A&M ppl since applying, and for grins look on the TAMU website and screenshot what I sent you. They didn’t let you know until April, when it clearly states March-could be the technicality that bumps you up. Give ‘em hell!

1 Like

I did called them last week to ask about decisions, and they didn’t really give me a decisive date, so they probably just wanted to give a date. No need to worry :+1::+1::+1:

thank you! btw I saw ur stats and 100% think ur gonna get full admit:)

1 Like

I will for sure and will keep you updated!! Do you know of anyone last year that appealed and got in that way?

@gracesebesta i do know one student who appealed in 2019 and was given Gateway. I don’t know what her appeal was based on, but she heard back very quickly. So it can happen.

https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/general-information/admission/#admissiondecisionstext
*Admission Decisions (note end of March in print)

https://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted
*Notification of Decision (again, says ‘end of March’ in print)
*Review Admits (notice what they’re looking for, and show them everything you listed on your application. Be sure to mention any hardship)

Point out the many mentions of ‘end of March’ for notification-which they failed to do-and all the conversations you’ve had with various A&M ppl. For sure I think you should’ve been given TEAM or Gateway. Call them out-in a nice way.

There is a link somewhere-I can’t find it to save my life (but it was posted on one of these threads) about admission stats for every major/college at TAMU, a break down by years. You could see how many Auto Admits per major, how many out of state applied/got admitted, etc. That link would be super helpful, so you could see how your stats/rank stood up to those who were admitted to Ag Leadership last year. I’m telling you, I have a hard time believing every student admitted had better stats than you do. It just doesn’t add up??

1 Like

Can I also suggest not “blaming” them vibe just factual. They’ll figure it out that the timing wasn’t your fault. You definitely don’t want to put them on the defensive or come across entitled.

Just my thoughts. Praying for the best for you!!! Chin up.

5 Likes

Is this the link you are talking about @52AG82 ?
http://dars.tamu.edu/Student/Enrollment-Profile

1 Like

@tmclanton YES‼️ Thank you!!! @gracesebesta i think this link might helpful.

@gracesebesta i found out a little info, about our friend that was offered PSA, appealed and got Gateway. I don’t know her exact reason, but the student contacted her Regional A&M office, not CS Admissions-said Regional office wasn’t nearly as swamped. They activated her Appeal process.

Here is a snippet of a thread I saw-

The people in the local office are very knowledgeable and simply aren’t as swamped with admissions calls as the on-campus office. The local office doesn’t have any more or less to do with a successful appeal than the other office - it’s simply another place to get info. My daughter called the local office to get her appeal activated.
She called the local office and gave them the reason for her appeal (there are 3 reasons they will accept as appeal), and they “activated” her appeal. Then, she wrote an essay and got documentation to support her appeal. I really think the documentation is key to a successful appeal.

1 Like

You are the best! Thank you so much for researching and helping me out, i appreciate it so much. The regional office office opens on Monday so i will make sure to call them then. I emailed the counselor I met with but she’s hasn’t gotten back to me since yesterday. I had to register for Blinn today but it says it will take two business days for me to get my acceptance, however class registration opens Monday :confused: i will keep you updated with what is going on but thank you so much.

1 Like