TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

My younger son was Wildlife and Fisheries and went to Tarleton on the PSA. The title there is slightly different but it is the equivalent and when he got to A&M his sophomore year, he was a Wildlife and Fisheries Science major.

Hi, sorry to post this on both threads I’m just on a time crunch😅 does anyone know if I’m still on housing waitlist, but my roommate isn’t, is she able to select me as her roommate in phase 3 and secure us a room together?

Thank you for sharing that. Unfortunately, Wildlife and Fisheries no longer participates in PSA beginning 2021-2022. He applied last week
to TAMUG and we are waiting to hear back.

1 Like

Hi,
Not sure where to ask, maybe someone can help here.

My son is still on the waitlist for housing. We registered late as he had trouble deciding which school. The questions are:

1. What is the possibility of him getting housing?
  2. We saw this on the housing portal “Any cancellation after May 1st is a late cancellation and will be subject to cancellation fees”. What does that mean? Do we just lose the $75 if we do not accept the housing after May 1st? Or is there some other fees?

@Dallasmom99 the $75 is non-refundable.
Not sure how it works for someone on WaitList, I would definitely contact ResLife for clarity.
Students who have a guaranteed room (those not WaitList or Overflow) must cancel their Housing contract prior to May 1, or they’re responsible for paying for the room. I think the fine starts at $500, goes to $1,000 then at some point the entire semester must be paid. This means students that decide to live off campus, go to another school-whatever the reason, they signed Housing contract but won’t be living in the dorm-are responsible for paying for the room. The fees are hefty, if you don’t cancel prior to May 1.
It’s all in the contract paperwork you signed when paying the deposit, and it’s listed on ResLife website.
But I would definitely get clarity about someone on WaitList.
If he’s Waitlisted, he should get a room. He just won’t have a choice, most likely, and will get placed in a room, and that may not happen until summer.

Thanks. I called and they were pretty vague but basically even if you are on the wait list, you would be responsible as well even if you do not know what you are going to get. I find it strange that you are not allowed to back out until you get to see if you like what you are getting.

And yes, again pretty vague but they essentially said if you are on the wait list you should get a room even if it’s temporary and you have the whole summer to find the room you want. Not sure what is the possibility of finding one you like.

Just heard back from my appeal. Denied. I’m so frustrated and upset once again… guess it’s blinn for me for a year. Thanks for all your help.

@gracesebesta my heart is broken for you. Truly shaking my head. Admissions has made a huge mistake. I am so sorry.

1 Like

@Dallasmom99 i feel certain Wait List kids will get a room, BUT they won’t be in the drivers seat. They’ll get whatever rooms are available, and who know how many that will be? Up until a certain point, rooms can be changed/switched via the portal. Students change/drop for a variety of reasons, which open up rooms.

Good Lord…why? Did they say?

I’m so sorry.

1 Like

Sorry the appeal was denied. But you tried!!! And you are fearless. That’s what defines you, not their decision.

Go conquer Blinn and get that transfer application done in January! Chin up. Great things are coming. The year will fly by and you will enjoy being up here and being apart of it all. If you need any help with planning your fall schedule, let me know. Happy to help you position yourself for transfer!

4 Likes

No idea. It was the same thing as a rejection “thank you for sending in an appeal however your appeal has been denied. Please consider our PSA or PTA programs. Best regards, office of admissions.” No reason or nothing.

Thank you so much! I scheduled a meeting with the counselor I met with back in February for next week to discuss classes at blinn/ look at rellis. Thank you and I’m still trying to hold out hope for some waitlist kids being moved to blinn team. Just doesn’t make sense and feel like we were all forgotten about and when they realized they didn’t have room left they gave students that were qualified PSA.

1 Like

it’s truly disheartening to see. It’s upsetting to know that the one B i made in sophomore year could be the reason why i was rejected. Times definitely aren’t how they used to be :sleepy:

@gracesebesta i told you, I feel CERTAIN there are kids admitted with lower gpa’s. It truly doesn’t make sense.
Like @AggieMomhelp said-make a 4.0 at Blinn, seek her help, as well as TAMU advisor, and forge ahead. Dept of Ag made a huge mistake.
You tried, hold your head high.

3 Likes

Very disheartening result. With only one B, it’s amazing that you aren’t top 10%. Did you take many AP courses? They may expect a lot out of students from your school. Were many ranked below you admitted to A&M?

Yes I took maybe 2-3 AP courses but mostly dual credit. Yes, I’m ranked at 124 out of 873 (top 14%) I know many others that were ranked in the 40% that received gateway and 25% given at least blinn team. Just doesn’t make sense.

Do you mind me asking where you go to high school?

No of course not. I go to Cypress Woods High school in cfisd district

1 Like

I am sorry to hear your appeal didn’t go through. I was wondering what day you submitted and did you get a denial letter in the mail or did you see it in the portal? We haven’t heard anything yet on my daughter’s.