TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

No, I did not. Maybe that was my downfall.

yes, I agree. It was one crazy year, in all ways possible.

I hope you are right! She did surpass those scores and has over the top EC, but I am nervous about it filling up before they review her app.

1 Like

Does anyone know why a large number of class sections would still be showing “0 of 0 seats” available? My kid was looking at moving sections for a particular class (ENGR 102H) and over half of the other sections for this class still say “0 of 0 seats”.

I thought they’d open up all of the sections over the summer as more NSCs occurred, but there is only one more NSC, and I have a hard time believing all of these sections will open up before classes start in 2 weeks.

Just curious if anyone had seen this before.

Yes we’ve definitely seen it before. They either don’t have a prof for it or they don’t know if they will
Open it up. There may not be a need. Just keep checking back.

Gotcha, thanks.

Thank you for the information!! So review applications don’t hear back until January-March? Is it ever before? Realizing this is killing me a little. All of my sons friends are top 10% auto entry. He’s top 12% :sweat_smile:

Last year, review applicants started hearing back in October. In general, it was those with high test scores. There is a new thread for this year…

1 Like

Any update on application status yet? Curious if people have started to receive them.

Hey there, this was from Oct. 2020. Go check out the Tamu class of 2026 forum.

Top 10% have started to hear back but we haven’t seen a wave of holistic reviews yet like we have in previous years. Not sure if people are more quiet this round or what. Someone said a holistic review heard back and they were NMS. But that’s all we have heard.

Hello, I found your post from last year- my son has a similar path to your daughter (review applicant, still lists Viz as 1st choice major and no acceptance although others who had it have been bumped to their second major and accepted). I see your daughter hadn’t received word by March 8 as of this forum. Would you mind sharing please when she finally heard and what was offered? March is ridiculous. Just want to know what we are in for so we can stop checking the portal daily. Thank you!

Hi there,
I totally understand where you are at! My daughter heard on 2/24 that she was accepted onto Team. She had a few friends who were notified in late January that they were waitlisted (similar credentials). So of course my daughter was frustrated, but she did hear back on 2/24, and the waitlisted kids did not hear back until early April, I believe, and none of them made it either onto full or Team. They were offered PSA but they did not take it. We were happy with Team, and my daughter was actually really happy she ended up accepting the Team offer. She has done everything a full TAMU student could do and no-one knows or cares whether you are full TAMU or Team. And honestly, it has been an easier transition for her academically with Team. She loves her classes and professors. She only took 3 hours this semester at TAMU but will take 6 or 7 hours next semester there. Good luck to your son! Please keep me posted and let me know how things go! Happy to answer any other questions you may have!

3 Likes

Wow that is awesome to hear. Thank you for the great info and update!