TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Hi guys! I was planning on taking the December SAT, and was wondering if I should even sign up because IDK if I can submit before the deadline. Texas A&M told me they were accepting scores until January 15th, but since I applied October first for the early engineering deadline I was thinking they would give me a decision before I can submit my score. Will they defer me to later on or just straight up reject me if I don’t have a strong application aside from Test scores? Is there anyway to tell them that I am taking the December SAT, or should I just not take it.

@Popyhead Getting a good score on the SAT/ACT can only help your application, so i would encourage you to take the test and see what you get. So, whats considered a good score? - I’ve heard that 1250 is the average of the freshman class, but others hopefully have more insight. Even though you met the early action date, your app will still be in review unless you have been offered admission, but they don’t “reject” applicants that early. Khan academy is a great way to prepare - alittle pactice everyday really adds up!

@Popyhead , total speculation on my part but I’m guessing engineering admissions may not decide on test optional applications for a long time. It just seems easier in my mind for them to filter through the ones with test scores first and save the “hard work” till last. I think it would increase your chances of hearing back sooner if you had a score. Again, TOTAL speculation on my part but if it is “6 one way or half a dozen the other” for you to take the December SAT, I would do it.

I think we have some unrealistic expectations of the school. Last year, TAMU received 41,000 applications. This year there might be more. When I applied 5 million years ago, we didn’t have to get our applications in until March!

I talked to a friend in the admissions office last week. For review admits, they stated that their goal is December/January timeframe.

I hope you are right - I keep telling myself the same. My JR Aggie engineer was Auto admit but I can’t remember when he found out about engineering. Seems like October…? Might have been November or maybe that was honors…how quickly I forget! But they applied July 1 vs Aug 1. But several review admits have already received their decisions, so, I worry.
The thing is, he was top 10% and had 1450 SAT. Little brother is top 12% (which they won’t know because our school has since “officially” stopped ranking) and 1330 on his SAT. He takes it again soon, but… just trying to have patience and know it will all work out for the best.

@Ags222527 I hear you. We are in the same boat with my kid. Then I have to keep telling myself what I heard at Aggieland Saturday, from her addmissions counselor and from others…“if they want to be here, we will figure out a way to ge them here.”

@AtxAg95 I think it was that mentality that made me fall in love with TAMU. We had previously toured UT and felt like it was, “If you get it, great… if not, apply elsewhere.” At TAMU, I felt like they really wanted to get students in if this is where they wanted to go, even if it was by an alternative route. My son is Top 10%, so this really didn’t apply to us, but it gave me a great feeling about the campus.

Good luck to all of those applying… I know the wait must be hard, but I hope the end result is worth it!

@Eggscapgoats @ChillyCow Thanks a lot for the feedback!

When everyone talks about the 6 tabs in Howdy, does that only show up when the student logs in, or on the parental log in, or both?

When do they start releasing acceptances and do they send tshirts/ shorts and geer??

did your daughter receive a package with tshirt/shorts pencils etc when accepted?

did your daughter receive a package with gear and pencils etc ( tshirt/aweatshorts etc when accepted

For test optional applicants…if you’re not submitting sat/act scores in AIS (the optional documents box) are we to just leave that blank and keep the red X there?

S21 is waiting for SRAR to link, he’s requested his two rec letters and uploaded an expanded resume…anything else we’re missing?

The only think I’ve ever heard about or seen is the folder banner that says “Welcome! I’m the newest member of the fight in’ texas aggies” that is mailed with the official acceptance letter.

@Momof3B, we only realized tonight that the recommendations uploaded to the Coalition App do not translate over to the TAMU application…on AIS it says that recommendations need to be uploaded by the applicant or mailed…you say that your son requested his rec letters…is there a way for counselors/teachers to upload them directly?

Yes, in AIS, under the Documents Required for Admission there is a box that says “request items from my high school counselor”…you can enter in the email address and click recommendation letter in the choices given

When did you apply: October 12
Class Rank: N/A
GPA: 3.92 UW (all classes considered to be Honors or dual enrollment)
SAT (with Sub Scores): N/A
ACT (with Sub Scores): 35 (34 Math and Reading, 35 English, 36 Science)
When did you receive your admission decision:
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: 1st - Industrial Engineering, 2nd - Comp Sci
OOS (NJ)

attends competitive magnet high school specializing in health and medical sciences
21 dual enrollment credits from state universities (mostly As, some Bs), 3 college credits from Cornell U (B), 3 college credits from comm college (A)
only AP offered is Calc and she’s taking it
major activity is Equestrian - Varsity + competes year-round + works at the barn (leadership)
cellist and handbell ringer, member of several school clubs, NHS, Spanish NHS, decent volunteering

We visited TAMU in August, DD truly loved it. Wish she had submitted her application sooner, that’s just not how she rolls, lol. Good luck to everyone waiting and congrats to those who are in!

@maricier I don’t think your daughter will have any issues getting into TAMU and Engineering. Her stats are stellar. She got her app in by the first deadline so she’ll be great. Also, she should look into our equestrian team. They are highly ranked.

“If you are second quarter, then you should expect a decision much later in the process….Feb/Mar. Decisions are competitive for engineering, so scores would be helpful. We will accept Dec test scores, but they need to arrive by Jan 15th in our office in order to be added to your file.”

I don’t know if this information is useful, but this is what the admissions committee told me when I emailed them. Hope this help you guys, because it helped me!
Did anyone who was ranked in the second quarter get accepted yet?

Once you link the SRAR in AIS, How long does it take for the red X to turn to a green check?