TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Not sure if y’all still want us to post these??? At least we can all still celebrate the accomplishments of our kiddos thus far. This year will be a REAL test of anyone’s ability to guess who gets in and who doesn’t…and when : )
Praying for the students and the admissions office.
Gig’em!

When did you apply: August 3, 2020 (Received UIN August 5)
Class Rank: 1st Quarter
SAT (with Sub Scores): -
ACT (with Sub Scores): 29 (will have to look up subscores); also just took Residual ACT at TAMU
When did you receive your admission decision:
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Biology

If it’s like prior years, they will only look at 2. So no need to send in more. They aren’t a deal breaker or maker but can’t hurt.

What is everyone’s thoughts about listing all AP scores on SRAR? My son didn’t pass all his AP tests so I wonder if its ok not to list those on SRAR? No AP scores have been sent to TAMU btw. Curious to hear what everyone thinks is the best thing to do…

Are you referring to AP test scores? I don’t see that option on Texas A&M SRAR? Only coursework.

I wouldn’t list AP scores if they didn’t pass with 3 or higher. List the ap classes obviously but Tamu won’t know If they took exam or not.

Thank-you @AggieMomhelp ! Sounds good to me :smile:

@friscotex At the end of the srar, there is a page to enter test scores (AP, SAT, ACT, etc).

@MCP2003

What did your class rank turn out to be or are you still waiting to be assigned one from TAMU? Did you make it to first quarter? Your official test scores are very good.

Based on 2019-2020 freshman class,
5.75% of freshman class came from second quarter
70.14% were top 10%
93.10% from top 25%
98.85% from top half
1.15% from bottom half
0.18% from bottom quarter.

Section C10 https://dars.tamu.edu/Student/files/2019-2020-Common-Dataset.aspx

My son listed all of his AP scores in resume, not in SRAR. He listed all bc he scored 4 or 5 on all. If it’s not required I would not list all the scores, anyway he can’t use it, on resume it looks good. I would pay attention to resume, make it good. A lot of people here don’t think that resume is that important, I think otherwise. These days a lot of kids have very good grades, what distinguish student from others if not resume and good essay?

Has anyone applied via ApplyTexas then logged into the Howdy? I’d like to know if they ask more questions in the Howdy site about where your family went to school. I know ApplyTexas asks specifically about grad date but not necessarily where from.

My son will be applying to A&M for fall 2021. I know it is going to be holistic review for this year, but could someone chance my son for Engineering?

Stats

GPA - W 5.1/UW 3.8 (NOT in top 10% so won’t qualify for auto-admit)
SAT - 1510 (790 M/ 720 R/w)
AP - 13 till senior year
Extra curricular - DECA/Sports
Founded a business
Multiple volunteering opportunities

TIA!

Is there an additional essay or is it a simple question to answer?
My DD answered it like a question in just a few lines.

@Noviite

Does your son have any engineering specific EC’s, jobs, internships, hobbies, clubs? What is is actual rank (if you know it). Top quarter has a better chance of full admission to College Station than second quarter.

What maths/sciences/physics will he have by graduation?

SAT and subscores are solid but they are but one component.

If his maths/sciences are just as strong, he will be fine. They are looking for readiness, as the freshman engineering courses are very academically challenging. There are many high achieving students who are used to being able to procrastinate and pull off top grades. Not here. And many get quite the awakening at the sheer amount of time homework or studying for one class can take.

@Thelma2 , his school does not rank over top 10%. He want to do computer science, but does not have Engineering specific EC’s.
Here is his course rigor in Math/Science
AP Calc AB and AP Calc BC
AP Physics
AP Computer Science 2 and 3
Thanks for your input!

Also, he was selected for Aggie Honors Engineering Camp this summer, but couldn’t go due to COVD.

If you’re talking about the new diversity prompt, I have been told by our college advisor that it’s 40 lines maxium, but no word count given. My son will be starting this A&M app at the end of this month

What are ya’lls thoughts on when decisions will start to come out? Do you think they will do so later due to delayed application dates?

@twintoAM

The last time applications opened August 1 was in 2015, the year my son applied. The first notifications came out September 17. The year prior, was also mid September. Since then, it has typically been around the 17-21 of September.

Who knows if this year will follow the trends of the past.

Auto Admits should start hearing around the third week in Sept. Review admits will be notified, for the majority, Jan-March.

1 Like

My daughter applied on August 3rd. What are here chances of getting in? I know it is probably a long shot due to her test scores.

Class Rank: top 18%
ACT- composite 24 (26 math, 23 science, 23 english)
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: review
Major/College of Choice: Meteorology

She has over 200 volunteer hours, National Honor Society, several leadership roles throughout HS, very involved in several clubs and holds a job working 20 hours a week.

Forgot GPA… UW 3.8/W 5.1

Is engineering at TAMU Auto admit if you are in the top 10% of high school rank or is it a holistic i.e. you can get admitted to TAMU but you don’t get your engineering?

@RK10 Engineering is not Auto Admit. You can be auto admit to tAMu and not get into Engineering. They will look to your second choice major if not acted to Engineering.