TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Howdy! I’d advise to definitely send in your SAT! It seems to help/progress the admission decision process a lot from what I hear. If you look back in the forum, there is a lot of advice from others on this topic if you would like to check that out. Good luck on your application process~you got this!

Also, for everyone, do you guys think another wave of review admits will come out before the December deadline? Has anyone seen any changes to their portals?

Thank you very much!!

@goodlucksmarties thank you, I will! Also, anyone can answer: should I submit my application to A&M even before I get my letters of recommendation and transcript? I don’t think that A&M requires these things, but I still want to send them. I am submitting my application using the Coalition Application. I have requested my letters of recs and my transcript but they have not been put in yet, but I want to apply today. Do I have to wait, or can they be added on sometime later after I submit my application?

@ncelotto Yes! You can apply right now and submit the transcript and letters of recs later. After you submit your application, it will send you a confirmation email and say in 3-5 business days you will be able to set up your Texas A&M account. (It took mine about 5 days but it might be earlier just check your email!)

Then once you set up your account it will say your app is incomplete until you complete a few things. You will need to link your SRAR (you can make it now but you will need to link it after your account is set up)

And you will need to submit your transcript before your app can be reviewed (rather through mail or scanning/uploading it) I recommend uploading it.

And your letters of rec. can be uploaded once your account is set up. They are not required, but they are highly recommended. Texas A&M only will review two maximum.

Also, if you google “Texas A&M application requirements” the official page will show up and go through each step more thoroughly.

I hope that helps!!! Gig EM’

Hello all! My son is awaiting engineering review, but has been accepted to the university. Does anyone know if he would need to complete the TSI test if he has already done it for his Dual credit classes and is annotated on his transcripts?

@Gatorleg Congratulations! No, Tamu does not require the TSI but engineers take a math placement exam (MPE) prior to registering. The MPE determines if someone is ready for Calc1 (Math 151, I think). Encourage him to study for the MPE since it is on topics he probably did long ago - geometry, trig, algebra. You will get info on the timing for the MPE after acceptance to engineering. What was his stats by the way- rank, act/sat?

I completed Phase I of the housing application and paid the $75. Phase II opened for me on October 6th.
Should I complete Phase II before I know I’m going to A&M? Is there a deadline for Phase II? Does anyone know how quickly the NSCs fill up for business majors?

One more question to add on – does filling out Phase 2 make it official I’ll be going?

Registering for and paying for NSC (New Student Conference) is your official acceptance

Ty. He is 55/683, GPA 97.15, 8 AP/ DC, applies SAT optional (which I think is why he hasn’t heard about engineering yet). Initially scored 1240, but he wasn’t happy because his math score was just shy of 600. He retook it and we are waiting on scores. Also applied to Honors Engineering. We shall see:)

So I just submitted my application!! When do you guys think I will get my decision? Will it be soon or will I have to wait until like March or something?

^^ I know I’ll have to wait a few days, fill out extra things for the school, etc, but when do you think I’ll get a decision back?

For the parents whose kids are accepted – I’d suggest you joining the "Aggie Parents "and/or “Aggie Moms & Dads of Current Or New Texas A&M Students -College Station-Q&A” Facebook groups.

Hi all,

My daughter is a OOS review candidate for the zoology program. We applied August 1. What are the odds of hearing an admission decision before January? We already starting receiving decisions from other schools but A&M is her first choice.

Asking for my daughter:

When did you apply: 9/6/2020
Class Rank: 24/201
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1380 (660 EBRW, 720 Math)
ACT (with Sub Scores) Didn’t take
When did you receive your admission decision: Have not yet
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Architecture (1st-Environmental Design, 2nd-Urban * Regional Planning)

GPA: 4.4
Has taken many AP, DC, Honors classes. JV & Varsity Volleyball all 4 years, FCCLA member/officer, NHS member)

When did you apply: 9/15/2020
Class Rank: 12%
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1300 (630 EBRW, 670 Math) awaiting retake score from last week
ACT (with Sub Scores) Didn’t take
When did you receive your admission decision: Have not yet
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Engineering
GPA: 4.98
All AP, DC, Honors classes. Varsity Basketball, NHS, 65+ volunteer hours

I’d like to add that I have a sophomore engineering Aggie. He originally applied as BIMS and was given the PSA option which he took. He spent his freshman year at an A&M system school where he made dean’s list and then president’s list. He’s now at A&M and we wouldn’t have wanted his path to A&M to go any other way! Remember this when decisions come in. I’m almost hoping my senior gets an alternate route offer… truly a blessing in disguise!

Thank you for this. We almost want this for our daughter.

@atxag95 Know that PSA is almost a given if not accepted to main campus or blinn team. It is really a good program if your major is one of the ones participating. However, please be careful about choosing a different major just so you can change majors once at TAMU. They do not allow this in most cases. Very frowned upon.

OH MY GOSH … we got our 6 tabs!!! So, so, so excited – College of Vet, BIMS major, review admit… good grief we are so excited!!! Now we have to wait for the official official - :slight_smile:

Congratulations! When did you apply? Did you submit test scores or were you test optional? I’ve seen on earlier posts that BIMS majors and test optional people make take longer to hear and that is stressing me out.