TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

We were elated to see 6 tabs today!!

Date submitted: 9/30 although he didn’t submit SRAR until last week

Top 16% in class (91 out of 550)
Unweighted GPA 3.75/Weighted 6.3
6 AP classes but no DC

Major: Plant & Environmental Soil Science
Submitted resume and but no LOR (was going to but not now)

Tons of leadership, involvement, community svc in 4-H and FFA
He’s been to Aggieland countless times with 4-H
NHS
Varsity baseball

@AtxAg95 , she applied to the Forensic & Investigative Sciences Program, College of Ag and Life Sciences. She chose Anthropology as her second choice but would not attend TAMU unless she could major in Forensics. She’s been admitted to 3 other colleges and we anticipate admission at the others she applied to as well, however, she has only ever wanted to attend TAMU. We are Texans displaced with Federal Government jobs and chose to remain in Virginia per her request to stay until graduation, but we are moving back home finally after 12 long years the month she graduates. In fact, we are in Texas right now closing on our future (and hopefully forever) home. Would have been super cool to celebrate a TAMU admission decision while we were in Texas, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I knew I should have never let her dress in all those Aggie clothes her whole life, she even took her senior pics in Aggie gear. Ugh, what was I thinking?

@hope4tamu - hang in there! We were totally blown away by today’s TAMU reveal of the 6 tabs. Yours will come! We thought we had to wait until January since BIMS is last. Yours will come! I am going to keep watching for you!!

Soooo…6 tabs! Thank-you God!! Saw the activity on here earlier today and finally encouraged my son to log in. His unofficial transcript shows Poultry Science, if this means anything. His stats:

28 ACT, 13% rank, GPA 3.8 uw / 4.8 w
Many AP and Dual credit classes
Lots of work/ECs associated with poultry…

Not much leadership
Applied mid August, Poultry Science

Congratulations to those accepted and best wishes to those waiting!

@pinkcactus456 Were you review admit?? Also if you wouldn’t mind could you share your stats?

Has anyone received a packet about the Corp of Cadets but not gotten 6 tabs/acceptance ?

@AggieMomhelp Do you know if admissions works through colleges in a certain order? For example, all applicants to Mays and Engineering as priority first before Architecture?

@AggieMomhelp Thanks!! Yes, makes total sense!!

I am auto admit but I applied for chemical engineering which I think is a review/holistic process? My stats: I am ranked in top 1%, UW GPA- 4,0 and W is around 5.68/6, 1570 SAT (800 M), national merit semi finalist. I took a bunch of math and sci classes but no STEM/ engineering activities. My ECs were like debate and some advocacy stuff, internships and lots of volunteering, lots of honor societies, and 5 leadership positions among debate, science honor society and nhs. @Popyhead

@hope4tamu I feel your pain. Both my husband and I went to A&M and ours has been laser-focused on getting into A&M from the time she was 10. She’s gotten into 4 others schools, to which one of them is tossing a ton of cash at her even before she submitted the FASFA. At dinner last night, she literally cried and said that she felt that the school is doing everything in their power to discourage kids who want to be there from attending. “I’ve lived in breathed A&M my whole life.” She wants to make a choice now because she’s getting a ton of pressure from the other schools to make a choice. My goodness its only October!

I have a question about the Housing Phase II and the Honors program. So, Can a student be in both Engineering and University Honors Programs? If they are in both the programs, will one of them take precedence over the other when it comes to choosing a living learning community? My daughters Phase II application process will open in a few minutes.

I called the Housing department and the person there somehow managed to totally confuse me :neutral: TIA.

@AtxAg95 @hope4tamu We are in the same boat!! My daughter has had her dreams set on TAMU for as long as I can remember! She wants to become a vet and of course attend THE BEST! She wants to major in zoology and applied 8/1… everything was in AIS by the 8/12. She is a review admit but top 12%. 9AP classes… 4DC…state award winning band, twirling, varsity BB and SB, our school doesn’t do NHS anymore…chem club…2 jobs and a lot of CS hours… but only a 29 composite for ACT in Feb… nothing has come up to retake it here yet. She has been accepted everywhere else she applied within a month, with honors, and scholarships. I keep telling her to keep her head up and she will achieve her highest goal but she has to be patient. Hopefully soon we will all know

@ATTX , My daughter applied for UH, but currently looks like the EH application is not yet open. Can she choose to be in both if she gets accepted? If so, in the Phase II of her housing application, which LLC should she choose? Does the UH take precedence over EH?

You said (message #380) both your sons gave up UH to live in Mosher. What did they like about Mosher? And what did they not like at McFadden or the other UH housing? We can do our daughters housing Phase II in a few minutes, but we did not get a chance to tour either the UH housing or the EH housing. I really appreciate your help. TIA.

For honors housing, I don’t know if you can do both, but if you can, I believe living with your major is more beneficial than generic honors program. McFadden is a modular dorm on the north side by sbisa… very big, 2 person, “hard wood”, 2 closets each, private bathroom with roomie. Mosher is south side in the Commons. Cool vibe though. Small rooms, 4 to a bathroom (suite style). I lived in both my freshman year (commons and actually McFadden). Both are good locations just different. And don’t worry about trying to get your dorm by your classes. It’s not a thing. Once you’re out of your dorm, you’re pretty much gone for the day.

For those still waiting, hang in there. Admission decisions are coming out way faster than ever before. If you look on the class of 2024 thread, you’ll see the same complaints… but dated in February. Stats look great, so it’s just a matter of time.

@twintoAM Typically, no they don’t work through departments except for Engineering. This could have changed with doing away with academic admits. I’m not sure. They could be gathering and separating by dept. to make it more apples to apples perhaps. I’m totally guessing based on my own logic, lol, so…

We submitted our application earlier this week. We have all green check marks today expect one red x and its class rank. Wouldn’t this go through the same time when we submitted the SRAR? Why is this the only x left? Is something different from last year? The class rank is in the SRAR so what is this “waiting for?” We are not top 10%, so there needs to be no confirmation from high school.

I also have a current freshman who is PSA at TAMUCC if anyone needs to ask how that process went/ going for us. I also have a senior applying to TAMU who just sent in her application. Hoping we are full admit.

@Mommmm430 I have a Sophomore Engineering Aggie who did PSA at Tarleton his freshman year. Wonderful experience except for Covid hitting at spring break. He loved his time at Tarleton and made Dean’s list then the President’s list freshman year with some pretty tough classes. He’s in CS now making the best of it. Senior HS son is top 12% awaiting his reply to Engineering. Definitely a positive PSA experience for my guy! How’s your son’s experience going?

@AtxAg95 @mcforeman, Last night she got a pretty big scholarship from Texas Tech, they offered in-state tuition and 5k per year, and we expect that she will get the maximum academic scholarship from Baylor, however, we know we will get absolutely nothing from TAMU yet here she sits waiting for an admission decision. I only wish they could explain their “rolling admission” policy because I sure can’t understand it. I am pretty sure that her application has been complete and in review since August 7. The University of Georgia is her second choice and she applied early action there and will have a decision possibly before TAMU the way things are looking. She also cried last night with just sheer frustration. I think that I am going to stop looking at these boards that way she won’t even know when review decisions are coming out and she still has the same 3 tabs.

@AggieMomhelp thank you very much. In Phase II can she put the Mosher hall as her first preference, even if she wants to apply for both UH an EH programs? I understand Mosher fills up fast. Its a little tricky to select the living learning community without knowing if you are admitted into that program. I guess the logical choice now will be to choose the Engineering village at the commons as one of the options.

Additionally, if they choose to be in both programs, can they live in either McFadden or Lechner freshman year and move to Mosher hall sophomore year?

Also, does anyone know when the Engineering Honors program application will open? Thanks!

@AggieMomhelp - first thank you for taking the time to answer all these questions. It is very much appreciated! We completed Phase I housing and her opportunity for Phase II happens 11/5. We are torn between White Creek Apts 4/4 or Hullabaloo. When we toured the campus last Spring we saw Hullabaloo and really liked it. We ran out of time to tour White Creek. Any insight on that housing and experience. We like the idea of having an apartment, on campus, with 3 others. We don’t have pre-identified roommates or anything. We know its very West of the campus and her freshman classes will be on the other side. She’s friendly and good with meeting people but she likes to study and have her own space. Thoughts?