TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Hi,
Has anyone submitted their FAFSA? We completed my daughter’s on Oct. 1, 2020 and it shows processed and sent to Texas A&M on Oct. 2, 2020. Her checklist is showing that TAMU has not received the FAFSA information. We sent an e-mail through the financial aid portal asking if they have received the form and the reply was sent to my daughter’s TAMU e-mail account which we do not know how to get to. :confused:

@KelliJo, she has checked with admissions, everything is there to make an admission decision and has been since the first week of August. She just keeps getting the same generic response “review admits are released starting December and we hope to have them completed by March.” Which is obviously NOT the case as we have seen. She at first attributed it to popular majors such as Engineering and Mays, but she has been seeing review majors from other departments being admitted also; so that obviously isn’t the case. After much discussion this afternoon, she is going to only check her My Howdy every couple of weeks and if she does not have an admission decision by the end of the year, she will likely choose another college as she is ready to get this decision behind her and only wants to attend a school that is as interested in her as she is them. We live in a part of the country that is refusing to allow children to return to in-person instruction (despite extremely low Covid numbers) and is likely to miss her entire Senior year and everything that seniors get to experience their last year of high school, admission to TAMU would be the bright light of this school year, but I know there is a plan and a place for her, she just needs to realize that too.

@txmsmom Do you mind sharing their stats? I am also an engineering review admit, and I am very anxious!

Our stats:
When did you apply: 9/28/2020
Transcript sent: 10/9/2020
Class Rank: Not ranked in the top 10%
Test-optional
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/22/2020
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review admit
Major/College of Choice: Engg/CS

@Popyhead
Application complete 10/02 took forever to get Test Scores to show up.
Top 25%
ACT 33
GPA 3.85
Varsity Golf, 150+ Volunteer Hours, Multiple AP classes, Leadership in YMSL, NHS

Good Luck I know it’s very stressful waiting on admission!!

@Baylor92 My son has not done his Fafsa yet, but regarding your daughters tamu email…if she has been admitted, there is an updated to-do list in AIS which includes a link to activate her tamu email. Once her email is activated, there will be (I think) an email button at the top of Howdy. Hope this helps.

This website has been a lot of help through the process. My son was a TO Review Admit, so I thought I would share in hopes it helps someone else who wasn’t able to get the scores in time/desired. Received the 6 Tabs and the unofficial transcript listed Mays Business on 10/21 Wednesday morning. Was able to sign up for housing phase 1 Thursday afternoon. Finally received the Welcome to Aggieland late Thursday evening. My guess is that once you get accepted it takes 1-2 days for all of the workflow to finalize through the different IT systems with the last step being the welcome message.

When did you apply: 10/2/2020
Class Rank: Top 25% at a highly competitive HS
SAT (with Sub Scores) Test Optional
ACT (with Sub Scores) Test Optional
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/22/2020
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Mays Business School
8AP and 4AC classes, lots of volunteer work, leadership, varsity and travel sports.

Good Luck

Can someone explain to me what 6 tabs is? I keep seeing it in this thread. Would it apply to me? I submitted my application on 10/17 for Regular Decision for the Fall of 2021

In the Howdy Portal, across the top of the page, there are 3 tabs that say:

• Home
    -Applicant
  • My Howdy

Once an applicant is accepted, three more tabs appear:

• My record
  • My finances
  • Student life

The change shows up in Howdy before AIS officially updates.

@ncelotto Sure! The tabs being mentioned are in Howdy. Before admittance, the student has 3 tabs at the top of Howdy - Home, Applicant, My Howdy. Typically right before someone is offered admittance, those 3 tabs become 6 or 7, with things like Student Life, Finances, My Records, and ?? Hope this helps and best wishes on your journey!

@starguitar Dang that’s good that you got in for engineering, and test-optional. I really want to get into the main campus!! TAMU is my dream school.

I just got an email about signing a release for my directory information? I had already signed it and my application showed that it had gone through in early October. I did apply to honors and am a NM semifinalist so I know that information will need to be shared with those departments. Do you think this message was indicative that I have been (unofficially) accepted?

D21 admitted!

When did you apply: 10/03/20
Class Rank: 1/51
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1590 (790 EBRW; 800 Math)
ACT (with Sub Scores) n/a
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/23/20
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Engineering (Computer Science applicant); applied to Honors.

Is there a certain time of day that the Howdy portal is updated to 6 tabs? I’m driving myself crazy checking.

@amsunshine If your daughter wasn’t admitted I would have been shocked lol. Nice stats.

@coltcali It updates in the morning around 7. Howdy tabs don’t change mid day that we have ever seen. AIS updates throughout the day once you see the 6 tabs. Hang in there!!!

When did you apply: 9/27
Class Rank: 15%
SAT (with Sub Scores)1460
ACT (with Sub Scores)
When did you receive your admission decision:10/23
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Engineering

@Baylor92 My son has not done his Fafsa yet, but regarding your daughters tamu email…if she has been admitted, there is an updated to-do list in AIS which includes a link to activate her tamu email. Once her email is activated, there will be (I think) an email button at the top of Howdy. Hope this helps

Thank you so much for this information. I am going to have her check her to- do list when she gets home and get her e-mail activated. Thanks again! :slight_smile:

@Aggiemomhelp Thank you. So we now wait until Mon I guess.

It seems like some review admits are hearing back acceptances within 35-40 days of applying. My son submitted his app on 10/10 and everything was complete with SRAR linked and 1Q rank assigned by 10/14…I’m hoping that means he’ll hear some good news the week before Thanksgiving! We were mentally prepared for Jan/Feb but the posts in this thread this year and app cycle is playing out differently!

@Popyhead, maybe this might help, it’s similar to yours.
GPA 3.9 -4, lots of EC’s, 13 AP’s