TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@Physixmom PSA is notified at the end of the year. We thought really hard about going Blinn but decided on Corpus. PSA is great and it is a relief to know we are headed to College Station next year. You can get there many different ways. Corpus while a good school for many has not been a great fit for her and Covid has made it even more difficult.

Thank you, @Mommmm430 Appreciate your input!! I know next fall can’t come fast enough for your daughter!

Any seasoned parents on here explain how rolling admission works for non auto admits? My son applied to Mays 1st Econ 2nd on 8/2. He is 14% class rank with a 3.8 GPA. I know Mays is a stretch, but I’m wondering if they wait until it is full, and then offer up 2nd choice.

@coltcali I’m not sure why people are saying rolling admissions (not directed just at you)… I may have missed something, but TAMU has been known for going in waves not rolling. This year is different with doing away from academic admits so maybe it seems more like rolling?? Not sure it’s accurate though.

As for your question. Pre2020 admissions reviews all applicants twice. Taking out Engineering as part of this explanation… When it’s reviewed it is ranked. Then reviewed again. Not sure in what order they review the applicants (timing of receiving application, sorted by major, etc.). TAMU has always been elusive on their process. When a decision has been made on a student, they then look at the major to see if it’s full. If it isn’t, then they get put in that major. If it is, then they put in 2nd choice. If that too is full, they reach out to the student for the next option. They do not deny any student based on major being full. You’re accepted into TAMU first then major.

As for your Mays and Econ… my son (Class of 2022) went this route. He got Econ. Top 14% 28 ACT score and lots of leadership, EC etc. (and local). After 3 semesters he applied to Mays and was accepted within 24 hours. He had a 3.8 at TAMU when he applied and all required coursework complete (one B, the rest As for those). He now has a minor in Econ which is great. Loves his Mays classes! So it’s doable whether you get in directly with Mays or have to wait. Just watch the degree plan so you don’t waste hours.

@Physixmom my daughter accepted PSA, then decided she would rather be in CS. She went back into Howdy and withdrew the PSA selection. She attended Blinn last year and transferred into TAMU this semester. If you decide on the Blinn route, be sure to look at the transfer requirements for the different majors. https://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/majors There is also a PTA option that has a guaranteed admission component to it. https://admissions.tamu.edu/PTA

@AggieMomhelp Thank you, and I may be reaching out for advice in the future on possibly transferring into Mays if he gets accepted into Econ

Happy to help. You can private message me if that time comes. I’ve helped many students on degree plans to get them in the right situation for changing majors later.

@AggieMomhelp will do thank you

@AggieMomhelp I thought that rolling admissions was the same thing as releasing in waves. In non-rolling admissions, aren’t decisions released after a certain date, like how the ivies do it? I could be wrong.

@coltcali This is what I found on TAMU’s website…Admission to Texas A&M University will continue to be achieved in one of two ways — top 10% admits and holistic review admits — and admission decisions will continue to be communicated on a rolling basis. Hope it’s helpful.

@Physixmom Yes it does.

You could definitely be right. I just interpreted it as waves because they group them… Auto admissions in groups (certain days, not just random days) and then waves of full admit for reviews. Then we see waves of blinn team and then PSA. So truly the words may not describe the actual timing for waves vs rolling. Clear as mud to me now, lol

@AggieMomhelp Oh my word, clear as mud is the most accurate way to describe this whole process! lol

OMG I just checked Howdy portal like I always do a 6 am There are 6 tabs!! I have no clue if my son got accepted to Mays or Econ. But overjoyed and afraid to tell him until I know. How soon do you find out which major you have been placed in.

Six tabs appeared this morning for my review admit son (no test scores). Praying this really means he’s in.

SIX TABS THIS MORNING!!! My daughter is a review admit-- fingers crossed that this is real!!

Oh my word, they must’ve been busy bc I just looked and SIX TABS!! That was REALLY much quicker than I ever expected.

when does AIS change from still in review after you see 6 tabs in Howdy?

congrats everyone! just checked my son’s howdy portal and still at 3 tabs…He’s also a review admit going test optional…when did y’all submit your apps?

@Momof3B my son submitted his 8/2.