TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Submitted 8/1- we gave SAT scores as well

We have some more wait time then lol…my son’s app was submitted earlier this month…we probably won’t hear anything back until December!

@Momof3B My daughter submitted on 10/10 as a review admit. Best wishes to your son. There seems to be little rhyme or reason to the process!

When does housing open, after 6 tabs appear in Howdy? Still waiting for the official AIS update. Obviously I’m impatient Lol

Congrats to everyone who woke up with 6 tabs!
@coltcali I was able to put down a housing deposit later on the same day we received the tabs and the AIS updated about 24 hours later. I’ve heard AIS updating anywhere from 6-24 hours later. Also, we never did get our email (my son is still checking his spam folder a month later!) so don’t stress if you don’t. The banner came exactly a week later. Congrats!!

My son got 6 tabs this morning!
25th % very competitive HS
3.4 GPA
sat 1250
ACT 29
Band/Eagle Scout
Microbiology

so excited for him!!!

@coltcali Go ahead and try to sign up for housing. We were able to before our AIS turned to Admitted. Also, to see his college (i.e. Mays), look at the unofficial transcript and it will tell you. Good luck!

@MizLucyB The housing link is not activated.

6 tabs this morning. Applied mid-August. Top 25% very competitive school. GPA is a 98.5. Lots of AP classes and extracurricular. Math major. No test scores.

On Manage applications in Howdy (not AIS), it’ll show major. Also on AIS, bottom of page (or it used to be) it shows first and 2nd choice major. If it’s still Mays then Econ, then he should be getting Mays. So check both places before official word.

Congrats everyone. If you received those beautiful 3 extra tabs, then your wait is over. Welcome to Aggieland.

Is everyone that is being accepted right now from Texas? Anybody out of state heard anything?

I know it’s a long shot but we’ve already gotten acceptances from a handful of schools but A&M is her number one choice so we are anxiously awaiting a decision.

I don’t know, but I’m literally checking every 10 minutes- lol! Congrats to your son- such an exciting day! Is A&M his first choice? (saw you’re on another thread that I’m on as well)

@AggieMomhelp The AIS page shows Mays first still And under Howdy manage application it says under review, business. Hoping its for real.

@txmom9977 My son was torn between A&M and LSU. We thought Mays was a long shot not being auto admit. We also live 2 hrs from CS so much easier drive, than Baton Rouge. Now I just want it to be official!

@coltcali He for sure got Mays then. If major switches right before tabs then it’s second choice. So since you have tabs and Mays, you’re good to go. Yay. But yes, hold the applause til official. That’s the human side of us. lol

Congratulations of getting a room reserved – one less thing to worry about, right?

As “Mosher and Ashton get filled quickly” – well, both of my sons applied for dorm very very late (they could not decide if they want to attend A&M, UT, or Perdue) – we actually started the process the day before the cut off time. They initially were assigned to different rooms in Mosher, but eventually the staff was able to move them into the same room. When they moved in, we could see that several rooms on their floor still only has 1 person (staff put cute name tags on the door). But, this year is not the norm … so maybe they (Mosher and Ashton) do fill up quickly in pre-COVID era. :smiley:

Best luck to your daughter … please keep us posted!

@ATTX ,thank you! But here is the question that is keeping me up at night. Where will she actually go? She just sent in two EA applications this past weekend, and is planning on a couple of RDs. She wants to send the RD apps after she hears form the EA colleges during semester break in December. She finished most of the essays for the RDs also. Just one or two of the “why college” essays to go. So the saving grace is that we wont have to fret about applications again till the holidays start :scream:

I GOT ACCEPTED! I applied on October 17 for engineering (I didn’t make the early action deadline). Because I am in the top 1% of my class, I got automatically accepted into TAMU on the 20th and was put in “engineering review”. I wasn’t expecting to hear back until early December, but this morning I checked AIS and the home page says I’ve been accepted into the College of Engineering.

@els2002 Congratulations!! My son will also be an Aggie engineering student next year. It’s nice to get accepted so early to help you enjoy the rest of your senior year.

Has anyone that received the infamous 6 tabs this morning, have their AIS update to accepted? Ours hasn’t, hopefully tomorrow. I haven’t told my son yet because I want it to be real. This has been the longest day ever! Ironically he is going to College Station tomorrow for the weekend to stay with friends.