In the Howdy Portal, across the top of the page, there are 3 tabs that say:

• Home
    -Applicant
  • My Howdy

Once an applicant is accepted, three more tabs appear:

• My record
  • My finances
  • Student life

The change shows up in Howdy before AIS officially updates.

I think you’ll be okay! My son i has 1Q rank on his school transcript (he’s at 17%), has great EC’s, demonstrated leadership (marching band section leader), strong essays etc…good well rounded kid…his test scores were the weakest link so we left that part out. I replied to another post earlier, but I was told by our regional admissions rep that for this cycle, all applicants will have a two step process if they submit scores: their applications will be evaluated both with and without the test scores and admissions decision will be made on whichever scenario presents stronger and in the applicants best interest.

@dfwmom and @Momof3B If you go to the website: applicant.tamu.edu you will see a 1) Apply to Texas A&M 2) My Net ID 3) AIS Check 4) Howdy Connect…if you click on the 4) Howdy Connect then you will see either 3 tabs at the top or 6 tabs. It is very confusing but @dfwmom, you were correct in your original question that those are NOT the 6 Tabs you are looking for. Those tabs are at the top of the AIS Check.

AIS is updated! Its official.

@coltcali Thanks for the heads up! Yes, ours showed up too. My daughter still doesn’t know :slight_smile: She’s going to be excited!

Just because I think it is humorous… My son was accepted on 9/22. As of 10/12, we had not received the banner yet. I emailed and asked about it… no response. I emailed again on 10/22 and they responded that they would mail another one out. We have not received the new one yet. My son STILL does not know that he has been accepted. A&M Business Honors is his main goal.
In the meantime, He applied to OU at around 7:00 Tuesday (9/27) night… got his acceptance package in the mail today (9/29)! OU is not messing around!

Status updated in AIS. Accepted to Engineering

@tmclanton Oh my word, you’ve got to be kidding?! You are amazing for being able to keep it a secret this long :smiley:

@Physixmom He has been accepted at 4 colleges so far and he has not been impressed. He really wants the Business Honors at A&M (HIGHLY competitive). I know that A&M is his first choice, so I am hoping that getting his acceptance to A&M will be exciting. There is more of a chance if he gets it in the mail. He is an auto-admit, so I think that takes a way a lot of the suspense and excitement. I don’t think I will see true excitement and relief until IF he gets accepted into the Business Honors… then there will be true celebration.

Agree with @Talulah - My son also had a low ACT and it was the one he took in school and he was exhausted and unprepared and it was sent to all his schools since we had no idea this would happen. He was auto admit and it didn’t affect him at all. We kept scheduling tests and he got in before he could take another one. Crazy times!

U may have already gotten an answer. Mine was not in top 10% and her school does not rank past that. So, they used Self Reporting and school profile to figure out. Took about 2 weeks to get assigned. In AIS there is a place to ask questions. Might want to ask there just to make sure they have all the info they need.

Do u mind sharing when she did her application and when all items got the green check and then how long it took from then? Mine is also LA and they just assigned her a rank on Monday (think that took about 2 or 3 weeks). Trying to get a feel for if we will hear in January or later or possible a lot sooner.

@tmclanton Well I am wishing him well on the Business Honors…sounds like he has some good choices and I’m sure it will be fun for you once he receives THE BANNER!! :smiley:

Pretty deflated…still nothing for my 2025. We have not ordered any of his dual credit transcripts because we thought it wasn’t necessary until after admission (which is what it says on the portal) but are wondering if he should- any ideas?
He is top 12%, 1330 SAT so far, 3.95 GPA, 4 year letterman in 4 sports, Team Captain, NHS, FCA leader, UIL Science, Math, and several writing events.
He has applied to engineering which I know he may not get into, but I really thought he would at least get accepted to the University. Guess its time to apply elsewhere…

@Ags222527 don’t feel defeated. It is still really early in the game for A&M! My son’s stats are just about the same as yours. It’s great that some have heard, back but I feel it’s not the norm. We went through this process 2 years ago with my sophomore Aggie engineering son and the wait was excruciating

@wewait I hope there is still a chance, just not feeling confident this time around. You said your son’s stats are about the same - has he heard yet?

@Ags222527 I totally agree with @wewait. We got our news extremely early but it is not the normal and I would encourage you not to be discouraged. We have known most people to wait several months. Your son sounds like a strong candidate!!

Son was admitted 10/29 with an application date of 9/6.
AIS has updated.
Applied test optional, non ranking private school in FTW

Review Admit
Top 25% (Ranked by TAMU)
95 Average
Varsity Athletics
Varsity Football Captain
100+ hours of community service
Admitted to Economics In School of Liberal Arts

My daughter is a Sophomore at TAMU and we waited until February to find out! This was such a surprise and I can only imagine that getting rid of the Automatic Admission category has helped review candidates from Non Ranking Private Schools!

@Ags222527 my son is still waiting too!

@cactusrose
I would recommend sending the scores. I think having one submitted quickens the process.