TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Anyone here waiting for Engg honors decision that filed Early Action filing Oct 15?

Has anyone been accepted to Public Health?

@tayrod03 I haven’t seen anyone post about Public Health. I’m wondering about Construction Science as well. Just wondering if different departments find out at different times.

@fromdfw, did you submit the Honors application (recommendation, supplemental essay, etc.) or just the check box in ApplyTexas for the Engineering Honors program?

@cactusrose i actually just called the admissions for a different question but also asked if colleges role out their decisions at different times. She said yes and decisions will role out through March and it was still early. I was concerned because my friend applied after me and already was accepted to business.

@Momof0ne I think daughter has submitted everything ( supp essay, recs etc).

@tmclanton I need an update on Bannergate 2020. Did it arrive? Did you contact the school? Does he still not know?

@sapphire33 LOL “Bannergate”. I did contact the school… twice! It finally arrived on Saturday and he still had not been told (over a month of keeping that to myself was not easy!)

Unfortunately, he was still not impressed. I think I was so excited about it that he thought it was the Business Honors decision. When he found out it was to TAMU, he was glad, but there was no excitement. At this point, the only thing that will get him excited is the Mays Business Honors’ acceptance. They are supposed to start sending the first wave of packets out this week… keeping our fingers crossed!!! If he gets rejected for that, he is going to be crushed.

Thank you for asking about Bannergate!

@tmclanton I am so glad it finally arrived. It’s sad that he wasn’t more excited and that we are more excited than them! I know my daughter was happy when she got her acceptance. However, I think the whole top 10% auto acceptance does limit that excitement a bit. I told her that while she pretty much knew she was getting in, that should still make her proud of her hard work in high school. I think if she gets into UT Austin she will show some emotion but it won’t be because she wants to go there. She just applied to see if she would get in because she isn’t in top 6%. It’s A&M all the way!

@TayRod03 Oh! Good to know. Thanks!

Which dorms are best for Mays freshman?

@coltcali Mays is closer to the Northside dorms. However, it is my understanding that, their freshman year, they have so few business classes that it doesn’t really matter where on campus they live.

Has anyone received any letters about receiving scholarships such as the President’s Endowed? An out of state parent on the Facebook group posted that her daughter received a President’s endowed letter already! Usually those post in January or February I thought but this year is already so different so maybe scholarships will roll out earlier too!

Are acceptances loaded at certain times or does it take an overnight update to appear? My son is checking multiple times a day and I wonder if it is not needed.

Mays is on West Campus. White Creek apartments are the closest, then Northside. But like @tmclanton said, it really doesn’t matter. Freshmen are scattered all over the campus. Once the student is out and about for the day, they don’t pop in and out of their room. And the transportation is amazing.

@ChillyCow , we received it last week. It has info about the Presidents endowed scholarship, and other scholarships should she be named NMS finalist. The Presidents endowed scholarship was updated on the Financial aid portal which can be accessed through the Howdy portal early last week.

@Momofone I can confirm what @ChillyCow said. National Merit Semifinalists received a snail mail letter informing them that they are guaranteed the President’s Endowed Scholarship if they become Finalists and chose A&M. It’s a recruiting letter, not the actual award letter. Those won’t be official and finalized until after Christmas (I think February?).

@coltcali I think it comes down to personal preference more than anything else. As others have posted, both White Creek and Northside dorms are close to Mays, although proximity might not be a high priority for freshmen. White Creek is an apartment complex, not a true dorm-style building, but it is officially on-campus, run by the school, and under the umbrella of Residence Life. It’s also a bit more expensive than the dorms (with the exception of Hullaballoo). I think the choice boils down to room preference (apartment vs traditional dorm) and cost.

Howdy! New Anxious Parent Here!

My daughter has ALWAYS wanted to go to A&M. She comes from a long line of Aggies (sans myself and her dad). My dad is class of '60, older sister class of '92, her husband class of '93, my younger sister class of '99, and my niece just graduated class of '19. Her stats are not outstanding, and she had just about decided to just stick with Tarleton where she was an auto-admit, until several kids in her class and her now out of state bestie were admitted with less impressive resumes. SO…now we wait! I’m thankful for a place to keep up with how this process works, and the timelines involved.

She is in top quarter (20%), GPA 4.16, varsity dancer 4 years, lieutenant Jr year and 1st lieutenant this year. NHS, Lots of AP classes, 15 hours of dual credit, tons of volunteer hours, and several leadership positions in on campus clubs. SAT was submitted, but will be re-taking soon.

Big question is…should I go ahead and have the junior college send transcripts over, or will it not affect the admissions decision? I appreciate any advice.

@WannabAggieMom I think her stats look great for A&M. Since all of her dual credit classes are on her SRAR, I would think that the junior college transcript would not be necessary at this point. (Someone else with more experience will know for sure.).
Good luck to her!