TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@WannabAggieMom , what is her junior college GPA? If it is good, I would send her junior college transcripts. It should be free so why wouldn’t you want to pack her application with as much proof of the pudding as you can? 15 hours of dual credit is really impressive especially if she has a good GPA and thus shows she can handle college level work.

My daughter received an A&M box with a T-shirt, banner & scarf. But no acceptance letter and still shows under review online.
She is a Hispanic Scholar, SAT 1400, GPA 4.38, 9 AP’s, class rank 17%
She applied 10/15.

Has anyone received this , any ideas?

@Latorrej Still waiting on our banner but haven’t heard of the t-shirt and scarf. My daughter applied on 10/10 and I saw the acceptance notification in the AIS and 6 TABS in the Howdy portal a week ago. It was a very quick acceptance.! I’m thinking different dept. respond more quickly, based on some of what I’ve read on this board. She still doesn’t know bc she doesn’t check the AIS/Howdy portal and so we think it’ll be a nice surprise once the banner arrives. Exciting for your daughter!!

@physixmom so you think that it means she got accepted?

@latorrej I haven’t heard of anyone else receiving a box with a tshirt and scarf. I wonder if that’s recruiting swag specifically for Hispanic Scholars or something, especially since she hasn’t been officially accepted.

Still waiting to see a decision for my daughter. She applied to the College of Science as a Biology major. She applied on 9/26. She is a review admit (top 14%), in-state, lots of AP/Dual Credit, band, mascot, German honor society and state contest winner. She did just take her SAT but applied without the test. No idea what her chances are or how competitive Biology is. Has anyone from the College of Science heard?

@sapphire33 and @Latorrej I know I had read that someone from CA had received a box with a shirt and things from the CA recruiter. @Latorrej Are you from another state? If not, it probably is because of the Hispanic Scholar.

I would not take this as an acceptance… However, she has really strong stats, so I would be surprised if you do not hear soon!

@Latorrej I would agree with @tmclanton , she sounds like a strong candidate!! @EngMom21 My daughter is College of Science.

@Latorrej my S21 is also a National Hispanic Scholar and when we signed up for the TAMU National Hispanic Scholars Day meeting 10/27 on Zoom, they asked us to fill out his T-shirt size. However, the box that we received this week that contained TAMU swag like a T-shirt, banner, lanyard, etc. did NOT indicate in any way it was related to being a National Hispanic Scholar. My best guess though is that the box is related to being in one of the College Board Recognition Programs.

@PhysicsMom Do you mind sharing some of your daughter’s stats? I just wonder if my daughter has a decent shot.

When did you apply: August 8th, 2020
Class Rank: Top 13%
SAT (with Sub Scores) N/A
ACT (with Sub Scores) N/A
When did you receive your admission decision: October 29th, 2020
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Genetics- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences

Aggiebound

@Ags222527. My sons did not request their dual credit transcripts until they decided to attend A&M which was mid April. So no worry about the dual credit transcript until your son decides to go to A&M.

@engmom21 Sure! She applied 10/10 as a review admit. Homeschool (attends a University model school)…TAMU placed her in the top quarter; SAT 1380 Moderate volunteer hours (125 or so), moderate EC, various school awards Major: Physics

We received 6 TABS on Oct. 28th.

@Physixmom Thanks so much! We homeschooled for 6 years with TXVA before my daughter got to high school too. I teach high school Computer Science and Media so she came with me when I started teaching here. Well, hopefully we hear something soon. As long as it says, “My App is complete and in review,” we can’t be missing anything, right?

FWIW, my daughter also received the goodie box (Hullabaloo tshirt, pennant, lanyard holder, Reveillie sticker, and golf towel). She is a National Hispanic Scholar and attended the virtual National Scholars webinar. The shirt sent was not the size she requested at the National Scholars webinar, and the letter that came with it was a generic marketing/recruitment letter, so I am not sure how she got on the list to receive it.

She applied on 10/19/2020 for the College of Liberal Arts. No word on acceptance yet.

Question: How does process works? Daughter is top 5%, 1480 SAT, 3.745 UW, 4.7 W plus a bunch of leadership and extra-curricular. She applied for Engg Honors CS

1. Will she be accepted into general engg first?
  2. When will she know that she is accepted to Engg Honors?
  3. I am reading that your major is not assigned till after 2 sems and your GPS needs to be above 3.75 in order for auto to your first major. Is that correct?

@EngMom21 Have you checked on the Howdy portal? When you go to the applicant.tamu.edu website, it will be the "4) tab, says “Howdy” (right next to 3) AIS). When you get onto the Howdy portal, at the top there will either be 3 tabs or 6. If 6 Tabs, that is the indicator that she has been accepted. We are still waiting on our banner!

Hi. I’m new here and I just want to get some recommendations. So I took my SAT a few days ago and got my score back today. The score was pretty much below average. I applied to TAMU for a major in oceanography on 10/6 and I still haven’t received anything. Do y’all think it’s worth retaking the SAT? I know that colleges aren’t really looking at SAT scores this year because of COVID. My GPA is really good and I’ve taken many AP classes and I’m in NHS, Student Council, and a Thespian. Do you think I will still get considered?

• Yes, she'll be admitted to general engg for first year.
  • Not sure when honors will roll out.
  • Yes, you apply through a process called ETAM. 3.75 GPA guarantees you first choice major. They list 3 majors in order. If below a 3.75 then they will try to place you in top 3 choices. Most, like 80%, get what they want. The cutoff used to be 3.5. It just switched.
  • @ChillyCow Thanks for the reply. Her GPA in her dual credit courses is 3.0 across the board. I have requested the transcript be sent in because two of those dual credit classes were done over the summer because she would have been a few credits short for graduation because she is an officer in the drill team, and is enrolled in the Health Science Practicum. She only gets local credits for those classes.
    We shall see how this turns out!