TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Hi guys! I am watching all these people get in, and I am just anxious now. Did anyone from the second quartile get in yet? I applied on September 29

@Physixmom yes, I’ve been checking Howdy everyday and still just three tabs. :frowning:

[quote=“AggieMomhelp, post:840, topic:2098557”]

Where did you find information about the switch to 3.75 GPA? I’m not able to find that on their website. Thanks!

Do the tabs in Howdy change from 3 to 6 throughout the day or at a certain time? Certain day of the week? Or random? Trying to save myself a lot of time checking 100 times a day ?Thanks!

@TayRod03 Good question! Not sure but I know we saw ours change in the morning and it has seemed to be that way for others. Maybe some of the seasoned members will chime in!

How’s it going. I was wondering if anyone could be honest with my chances of getting in? Thank you!
When did you apply: October 16
Class Rank: 127/ 704 (18%)competitive HS
GPA: 3.83UW 4.45W
SAT (with Sub Scores) 690M 570EBRW 1260 total
ACT (with Sub Scores) NA
When did you receive your admission decision: NA
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Mays business school first choice, stats second

Band for 3 years held a leadership position, NHS, worked since I was 16
P.S. I think my essay was strong, talking about how I’ve grown from the hardships of hurricane Harvey and such. When I applied through apply Texas I didn’t see a diversity essay? I don’t see the point in taking the essay off but it’s making me anxious. Thanks lots!

[quote=“creekster519, post:844, topic:2098557”]

I’ll look for the link on 3.75 when in front of computer.

As for howdy. Tabs show up in the morning.

Relieved that I got accepted to the College of Engineering earlier today.

When did you apply: October 14th
When did you receive your admission decision: November 5th
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: College of Engineering (computer science)

–Class Rank: 58/688 (very competitive high school)
–SAT (I applied test optional): 1480 (770 math, 710 reading)
–7 APs through junior year (all 4s or 5s)
–Varsity XC and Track for 4 years
–FTC and FRC robotics for 4 years with regional and national team awards
–Built an online recommender system for running shoes
–Completed and earned certificates in 4 Coursera data science courses
–Authored 4 research articles which were published in various scientific magazines
–Co-authored 1 research paper in a scientific journal

Best of luck to all other applicants!

@creekster519 , you are so right in that it can’t be found on their website! I’ve been doing google searches for 15 minutes and can’t find any information on the change. But, it is real. It was announced last spring that the Class of 2025 will need a 3.75 GPA for auto entry ETAM. 5 gold stars to whoever can find the information in TAMU writing first and post it here!

@ChillyCow and @creekster519 I found some information about it on the Blinn site:
https://www.blinn.edu/tamu-engineering-at-blinn/frequently-asked-questions.html

“Am I guaranteed admission into my preferred engineering major upon successful completion of the program?
No. However, students who complete at least two math, two science, and two engineering courses and earn a 3.75 cumulative GPA or higher at each institution are guaranteed entry to the first-choice engineering major at the end of their first year. Detailed information can be found on the Engineering Academy Entry-to-a-Major website.”

Can I get 2.5 stars since it is kind of official?

@ChillyCow and @creekster519 I don’t know if it will allow me to post the link, but I found this video from a Texas A&M Engineering Recruiter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MPmnq2hp2g

At the 4:20 mark he mentions the new 3.75 GPA for guaranteed placement in first choice major.

@tmclanton , 2.5 stars are awarded to you! @creekster519 and @AggieMomhelp I am a very pro Aggie supporter but I do find this lack of disclosure on their website very disappointing. How are students and parents who aren’t “in the system” supposed to know about the 3.75 GPA for ETAM? That is a pretty substantial change for this year’s class in my opinion and one that could cause some kids to choose another school, especially if they are out of state candidates paying a ton of money. Plus, if a student is really wed to computer science or mechanical, they need to really weigh a decision to go to TAMU. Anything can happen freshman year to cause a brilliant kid to drop below a 3.75----death in the family, bad professor, health crisis, rough start with a roommate, anything.

@ChillyCow I’m not sure how they typically communicate the ETAM process to these students. I’m sure it’s covered in their NSC but of course if that’s the only time, then it’s a little late.

I’m going to dig around and see what I can find. Oh and @tmclanton I’m gonna give 4 stars. That was some good work!

Thanks everyone for finding the info about the 3.75 change.

@ChillyCow I agree that it may make some students reevaluate if A&M is the right place for them. My son only wants to major in computer science. He was also accepted to UT Dallas, and we are both beginning to think it may be a better fit.

Go fish… I couldn’t find anything on the gpa for class of 2025.

@AggieMomhelp , yes, you are right @tmclanton gets all 5 stars for the Blinn and Youtube video finds! Even still, students should not have to search for needles in haystacks to verify this. And yes, @creekster519 , the choice comes down to does your kid want to be an Aggie and is okay with something other than computer science if that should happen OR does your kid want computer science and is willing to go where a school will declare his major from the beginning. I’m all about promoting A&M but I get where you are coming from. UT Dallas is pretty solid for computer science and he may even get some scholarship dollars.

I have just been “ranked” by A&M. Not quite sure what that means, but I have in the “first quarter”. What exactly does that mean, and also how long do you think it will be until I get my decision? I applied October 17th.

I know of two TAMU applicants who got accepted to engineering but passed because of the ETAM…both these kids knew exactly which engineering major they wanted and didn’t want to take the chance of not getting it so one ended up at Tech and the other UTA…both with great merit aid as well, which they wouldn’t have gotten at TAMU.

One of my S23 twins is pretty sure he wants to major in mechanical/aerospace engineering…as much as we would love for him to be an Aggie, I have a feeling he may end up at UTA or Tech as well…especially since we’re going to madly chasing merit aid ourselves (3 in college at the same time!!!)

My son is also 1Q rank and applied the week before you did and is still waiting. By the looks of this thread, it seems most are hearing back in 5-6 weeks. I’m hoping he gets an acceptance by the end of this month, but we’ll see!

@creekster519 For what it’s worth, I have a junior at UT Dallas. He was accepted to A&M Engineering in 2018 but decided to attend UTD because it felt like a better fit for him. He’s a Mechanical Engineering Major. It has saved us thousands of dollars. He got an amazing financial aid package from UTD and not much from A&M. So far, he has loved his experience at UTD. He’s not huge into tradition and comes from a small town though, so I’m sure it greatly depends on the student. He prefers the quirkiness of Temoc and blind chess tournaments. lol We’ll see what my daughter decides this year if she does get in to A&M. I think it is more suited to her than it was to my son … and it is closer to home. :wink: