TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

About the ETAM process, 3.75 GPA will ensure that they will get accepted into the major of their choice automatically. They presented this during the National Scholar Invitational on July 13th and other subsequent presentations by the College of Engineering. I have screen shots, but unfortunately cant attach them here. I found this video that they presented sometime in October I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MPmnq2hp2g&list=PLJxC77TvwsS9WpMvTF3iv6Wch3dlWLPoK&index=5

He starts talking about the ETAM process around the 3:47 mark and mentions the 3.75 GPA for guaranteed admission around 4:20 mark. Hope this helps!

Howdy! I’ve been stalking the board for a while, and I have to say thanks to everyone for all the info. The emotional rollercoaster ride that has been this application wait has been awful. We are out OOS, so we knew DD would be a review applicant. She applied in 8/2020 (sorry, don’t have access to the exact date). She’s 1Q, employed, has 200+ volunteer hours, extracurriculars (including leadership), AP and dual credit classes, 3.7+ GPA (approx, can’t remember the exact numbers). We felt pretty confident when she hit that submit button. However, seeing more review applicants getting their 6 tabs…well, we’re not feeling as optimistic now.

I ask the following questions not to be a total Debbie-downer, but just to have all the info. Just trying to prepare for all possibilities.

How are rejections communicated? When are those notifications made?

@95Aghopes425 , don’t despair! You shouldn’t go down this road at all yet. Seriously. If it was end of January/February, then perhaps but definitely not yet. You can look at last year’s thread for Class of 2024 for comfort that it is still very early in the game. Many of the in state review applicants haven’t heard yet; and I haven’t kept track of out of state acceptances if there have been any at all yet. As far as rejections go, it seems that very few kids get outright rejections but offers for other avenues such as Blinn team, PSA, Engineering Academies, etc. There is a saying that many roads lead to College Station and kids who really want to be Aggies can get there. What is her major? It also seems that some of these mini waves are major related and they may not have gotten around to releasing her major yet. It also seems that kids with SAT/ACT scores are finding out sooner (I’m guessing bc it is just easier to make those decision quickly) but that doesn’t mean non test score kids aren’t getting in (I think they just haven’t gotten to the bulk of them yet). So, don’t worry yet! You’ve got a good two months of waiting at least before it’s time to think about stressing!

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

It seems that there have been OOS acceptances announced on this board (or maybe another board). Blinn Team might be an option, but she wants to be in the Corps, so PSA would eliminate that.

She’s wanting to major in Business, but her second choice is French. She knows that Mays is tough to gain acceptance, but she’s going for it!

New questions now: When and how do Blinn/PSA offers come through? Also, are there any indicators we should be looking for that would suggest that such an offer is coming (the equivalent of 6 tabs in Howdy)?

My D21 Out of state: applied 15 Oct for engineering and was accepted 29 Oct. 1300 SAT, 4.135 GPA, 5 AP classes, 5 years golf. Not sure if the quick acceptance was because we submitted her scores or not. I agree don’t get worried, the process seems pretty random. I’ve only seen 1 or 2 other out of staters get accepted so far on this forum.

Any Architecture College applicants accepted yet?

@twintoAM , I know 2 who have gotten into the visualization program and 1 who has gotten into a different major that is part of architecture but I can’t remember the name (it was long). What specific major did y’all apply for?

@Lobo114 what was your daughter’s class rank? My son is still waiting as an engineering review admit but I know he has an auto admit friend who hasn’t heard back yet either

She is 17/489, top 3.5%

congratulations… my daughter still waiting to hear for engg, applied Oct 15.

@wewait Still nothing for my son either. I think the thing that really has me questioning things is because he applied Aug 1. I see where many kids are already selecting dorms…
Have you figured out a pattern to notifications? Are they all on Tuesdays or is it random?

My son just received his acceptance letter to Mays Business honors. Out of 2000 applicants he was one of 85. He is still waiting on other schools before he makes his decision.

I am so confused and discouraged. If someone can clear my fears would be much appreciated. This is our second go around, we applied last year with my older daughter. We are familiar with SRAR. We finally got our check marks for class rank on our second daughter’s apllication. TAMU has ranked my daughter after 2 weeks of waiting for the red x to go away. Our high school ranks and she is in top 20 percent of her class. TAMU decided to rank her themselves and put her in the second quarter. Why would they rank her? And is there anything we can do when it does not match with her ranking her high school gave her? We will not get into TAMU with a second quarter ranking. Please help clear my mom mind up!

@Mommmm430 Perhaps your daughter should review her SRAR (by clicking the link in AIS) to make sure the rank she input into SRAR is showing properly. Otherwise, I don’t know why Tamu wouldn’t use the rank she is providing in SRAR. Also, even though she is not top 10%, it could help to send it her transcript which should verify her rank. When my son checked his SRAR, something was “wonky” and he messaged admissions to fix it, and them having his transcript helped, I think. But, yes, definitely look at the SRAR - this is possible.

@Eggscapgoats Can you change or even see your SRAR after it has been sent in?

I seen several recent comments regarding ETAM. I’ve heard from people with first hand knowledge of students meeting the criteria to get their first choice however the school placing them elsewhere.

As anyone else heard of this.

@Mommmm430 this link may help. Best way to correct anything is to contact admissions and letting them know there is an error. If the official school transcripts shows her correct ranking, let them know that and they should be able to correct it.
https://tamuoar.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1962/session/L3RpbWUvMTYwNDczMjIwOS9zaWQvQ3psZDZxWG8%3D

@ChillyCow Thank you for your response. Vizualization is the major.
Her stats are amazing.
Has 3 credit hours from Ringling with 4.0 for their PreCollege program as well.

@Ladadof3 , are you sure these students had the 3.5 GPA and still didn’t get their 1st choice major? I have not heard of this and would think it is worth a fight with the engineering department. It is pretty clear in their jargon that a 3.5 (for last year and previous years; 3.75 for Class of 2025 and on) assures 1st choice major. I would totally go Mama Bear on the department if this happened to my kid. Not acceptable at all.

@twintoAM , isn’t visualization the major that only accepts like 100 students? I’ve heard it is extremely competitive to get in. Eek, I feel your pain. To be honest, the two students I know of heard on October 8th. Maybe you could call the department and ask if they are full and if they have a waitlist?