TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@95Aghopes425 Aha, I found the reply I was really looking for! Lol. And to go along w/this, several of my friends whose kids have received PSA, found out after January. SO I think that’s what is meant by “end of the year” maybe “end of the review cycle”. My friend’s daughter who was OOS, had heard nothing by Dec. so her grandfather called TAMU and after looking into it, found they (TAMU) had messed up on reporting a math class she had taken. By the end of the day, she was accepted! So, it might be worth looking into, just in case.

Yes, typically, PSA is the last group to hear. No telling if that will be March or sooner. Hopefully sooner, but would not think end of year. = )

Can someone please tell me how scholarships are awarded? Will they be posted on the Howdy portal? Letter sent? etc.? And is there a general time frame when the scholarships are awarded after notice of admission? Thanks!

My son also applied to Construction Science (back in August) and he has not heard. He is top 22% and GPA of 3.1 as well as many dual credit classes and school activities. oh and took the SAT and if I recall it wasn’t great (1271?). He is getting nervous as his friends in other majors have heard already and applied much later. My understanding is each college is on their own time schedule. So I guess until we hear others from COSCI program get admitted, we are ok?!! Good luck!

@AggieMomhelp what is PSA?

@kwhdman. Scholarships will be posted on Financial Aids site (which is accessible from Howdy) and you will also receive a letter. My sons got theirs posted pretty quickly after admission (I don’t remember the exact time). However, except for the Brown and President’s Endowed scholarships stay unchanged – rest of them kept changing, but at least the new ones were higher $. Good luck!

@Ladadof3 I have heard of this. They basically have a cap on some of the more popular majors and sometimes they don’t have enough seats for those who have met the criteria . Then they have a ranking system they use to determine who gets the slots. Source for this was engineering tour we did April 2019.

I don’t think it’s common but if one major is just really popular as first choice for an ETAM cycle it could happen…

Has anyone heard of the School of Education? Have they started rolling out acceptance yet?

PSA is Program for System Admission. It’s basically a soft denial that comes with a guaranteed pathway to get into TAMU after completing the requirements at a TAMU system school, like TAMU Corpus Christi, Prairie View, etc. It’s a great program. Not all major participate. Here’s a link to help explain it better.

https://admissions.tamu.edu/PSA

There are so many pathways to TAMU.

My daughter is on her Aggieland tour today. I was so hoping we’d have a miraculous moment of acceptance while she is there, but still three tabs this morning. :frowning:

@kasper0137 , interesting information. I guess that is why they bumped up the automatic to 3.75; a little cya to cover themselves.

@AggieMomhelp Thanks for the info! Hadn’t heard of it. Of course the major he picked isn’t part of the program, lol. Well, we will keep waiting!

@Ags222527 With Engineering, you won’t get PSA for sure. IF you put your first two choices as engineering, you’ll either get… Full CStat admit, Galveston (which is full admit as well), Blinn Eng. Academy, or they could suggest other academy programs that you apply for separately. I think (I looked back at stats) he has a good chance at full admit or Galveston. And if he gets Blinn Academy… jump on it. It’s a great option. Hang in there and let us know.

If you put second choice as a non engineering major, then they could offer that up.

Need advise on my daughters chances at TAMU CS engineering class 2025.
She goes to a very competitive HS and ranks very low.
ACT is 34
GPA is at 3.7 weighted
5 AP at the end of 11th grade.
She has been in HS marching band for 4 years

Now in top band and leader.
Has been involved in school sports first two years of HS.
Good extracurricular.
English NHS
Won awards and has been involved in Leadership roles in the community events and school.
Some volunteering and clubs.

We applied and completed everything in First week of September but still no response.
She has received acceptance from other engineering programs that she applied at the same time.

@GLP2AAMom I don’t know much detail about how competitive A&M CS Program is, but in my opinion I think your daughter has a good chance of getting into A&M :slight_smile:

Hi everyone, I have recently been admitted to the Mays Business Program at A&M, but I don’t know if I got into the Mays Honors Program which I also applied to. How will I know? Is there a place to go check or something? Or will I only find out if I got into Honors only after officially enrolling into their school? If anyone knows the details about Mays Honors Program I would really appreciate it!

@amaraag … fingers crossed.
Hoping to hear input from some senior members in the forum also.
Congratulations on your acceptance to mays business school.

@amaraag Congrats to being admitted to Mays! From what I understand, there is no place to check if you get into the Business Honors. You will receive an acceptance package in the mail. They started sending out acceptances last week. However, most people are still waiting.
It is HIGHLY competitive. They typically have about 1400 applicants and accept around 80-90 students each year. They say the average SAT score is 1470 and class rank is in the top 4%. Looking at past posts, there are some people with perfect SAT scores and higher rank that did not get accepted. They really look at extracurricular activities and leadership.

My son applied and is anxiously waiting! I will tell you what I told him… if you don’t get in, you will still be at one of the best business schools with the best alumni network! Good luck to you!

As I was looking around TAMU websites the other day, I happened upon this website for the honors programs portal:
honorsprogramsportal.tamu.edu

I am not sure how I got there and I have not found it again very easily (maybe it is just me.). It says that his Business Honors Application status is “Application Received”. Does anyone know if this changes if they are accepted?

Our mail is notoriously slow and bad… as Sapphire33 called the acceptance delay, “Bannergate”! Just wondering if monitoring that page is beneficial or not!

@tmclanton thank you so much! this was really helpful! :slight_smile: i got an email about a week ago from A&M Mays Honors but it was just a confirmation email saying they received my application and nothing more, but im thinking if we get accepted to mays honors there will be some sort of email saying we got accepted.