TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

For anyone who has submitted an engineering honors application:
My son hit “mark complete” on his end and sent requests for 2 letters of recommendations. Now he is ready to hit submit but the submit button is kinda greyed out now so he can’t hit submit. Does this mean he has to wait and watch for his recommenders to send their letters and then hit submit? Or because he marked it complete, does that mean it is actually submitted and he is done?

Class Rank: My school does not rank but it said “1st Quarter” in the portal.
SAT (with Sub Scores): N/A
ACT (with Sub Scores): 32 | 33 Science | 34 Math | 28 English | 31 Reading
When did you receive your admission decision: About three weeks after applying
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Comp Sci/Psych

6 tabs! Whoop! Keeping it a suprise to my son gets the letter in the mail.

Stats:
Application submitted August 6th.
28% high school rank (I was worried that those outside of the top quarter would not get looked at until next year).
Lots of AP/advanced classes but average grades (as many B’s and C’s as A’s)
ACT score 32, SAT 1270.
Showed work experience (Chick-Fil-A, camp counselor) but not many school extracurriculars.
I do think his essay was excellent.

Accepted into General Engineering.

Congrats! We’re still waiting, but it’s encouraging because my son’s rank is just a bit lower and he is similar in terms of AP classes. Just curious if your son had any letters of recommendation?

1 Like

@Wendellnsherri Congrats to your son! I hope the banner arrives in the mail before he receives an email! I tried to hold off too but about a week after I saw the 6 TABS, my daughter woke up to an email congratulating her :slight_smile: The banner came a week after that!!

1 Like

@Wendellnsherri Wow thats great, Congratulations! That gives me hope because I am ranked at the second quarter(27 percent) but I took as many ap’s as I could and my Gpa is lower because I messed up my freshman year!

1 Like

Does anyone know when they release scholorship offers in the Howdy portal? Does it take weeks, or does it happen soon after acceptance. We have already filled out FAFSA, and TAMU has received it.

Still waiting over here! My son has 1Q rank and excellent EC’s/leadership and LOR’s, 4.21 weighted GPA, mix of AP’s & Dual Credit (his gpa from
the community college is 4.0)… but went test optional. His SAT score truly was the weakest part of his application. He took the SAT again on 10/27 at school and that score should be out this week, but i still don’t think it’s going to be over 1300…if it’s in the mid 1200’s would y’all recommend sending it in hoping to nudge a decision or just wait it out with test optional?

@Momof3B , what was his major again? I’m inclined to say send it. It just seems like the ones with test scores get looked at faster than non test scores.

Mays/Business is his first and Econ second

Hi guys I have a question about my application. I have been in review since October 9th and my Major is engineering. Should I submit an SAT score I already have in order to make the process faster? I got a 660 on math and 580 on English and Idk if that would help me. I am planning on taking the December SAT as well but it would be nice to get an acceptance before that.

I don’t see anything wrong with submitting your scores. From what I understand if you do submit the scores they will judge your application twice. Once with scores and once without considering your scores. We had our daughter submit her SAT score of 1300 and she was accepted to engineering 2 weeks after she applied.

Dec 15 is the deadline to submit scores…will you have enough time to get the score in for the Dec SAT?

I just checked and the Dec 5 SAT scores won’t be out until Dec 18. You won’t be able to get that score back in time to meet the deadline.

@Momof3B The deadline for SAT is January 15th I confirmed this through email and they sent me a PDF of frequently asked questions when I asked a question through a portal. So I am hoping I can score high on the December SAT.

@Lobo114 Thank you so much for answering! Also, that was what I was thinking too because sending scores seems to make the process faster. What were your daughter’s subscores? DO you think a 660 math would help for engineering?

She had a 650 for both of her subscores, so a 660 should be fine.

OOS
UW GPA 3.99+
Weighted (Approx 4.6 but complicated w/ International transfer after sophomore yr)
Applied October 19th/ Admitted November 12th
Full IB program and Bilingual IB Diploma Candidate
BS Neuroscience

Does anyone know what merit scholarships could be expected and what the timeframe is for that?

Congrats to these amazing seniors!

Good to know! The website still shows Dec 15 as deadline for test scores and this is what I was told by the DFW regional admissions office as well, TAMU really needs to make sure their changes are up to date and reflected on their website.

Best of luck!

When did you apply: August 2020
Class Rank: Top 17% with several AP courses
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1380
ACT (with Sub Scores)
When did you receive your admission decision: 11/17/20 Accepted
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Engineering

So proud of my son…he will be a 4th generation Ag!

1 Like

@Popyhead The middle 50% SAT scores of admits to TAMU = 1170 - 1380. So, since your 1240 combined SAT score is in the middle of that admitted range, I would say that you should send the score. The TAMU regional advisor for our state that I emailed said that the score can only be used to help your application, they will ignore it if it hurts your application.