TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Got 6 tabs this morning!!! How long did it take for your status to change after getting your 6 tabs?

@momofsrandsoph Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats and major?

App submitted: 10/15/20
3.8 GPA
6 AP classes
No SAT or ACT
Lots of EC and Leadership
2 years of employment
In State
Review Admit
Major: Human Resource Development
Accepted 11/18/20

I’m not sure why the wait is more difficult this time around. Maybe because A&M engineering has always been his plan, all his friends are getting their acceptance letters or his brother is anxiously waiting for him to join him and we’re ready to make the plan for living arrangements for next year…

S21 also got his 6 tabs this morning, woo hoo! :slight_smile:

Here are his stats:
App submitted: 10/15/20

Rank: HS doesn’t rank, but 1st qtr is what TAMU calculated
3.5 uw GPA
5 AP classes, 9 Honors
1480 SAT (720 ERW, 760 Math)

National Hispanic Recognition Scholar (missed NMSF by one point, argh!)
Davidson Young Scholar
Skipped a grade (K)

Very little EC: Marching Band (4 yrs), After school Jazz Band (3 yrs)
No other jobs or community service
Did not submit LoRs

Out of State (WA)
Review Admit
Major: Computer Science

Accepted 11/18/20

I have a somewhat silly question…I saw a friend on Facebook post about her daughter who had been accepted to TAMU, Tech, and Arkansas, and had decided to go to Arkansas. How does that work? I mean, TAMU is holding a spot for her. Do the applicants who choose other universities have to let them know, or do they just wait and open the spot back up at some point after no activity? We have only applied to one other University and been accepted, but I don’t see a place to say, “thanks, but no thanks.” Hope that makes sense. LOL

TAMU does have a decline offer button on the page with the offer. To accept you register from NSC.

Not a silly question at all. So there’s no “slot” slated for each student they offer admission to. There’s an Algorithm they use to predict how many will accept their offer. For instance it could be they accept 22000 to yield a freshman class of 10000.

With that being said, last year we saw several students go from being offered Blinn Team to full blown admission! So if they aren’t seeing the numbers coming in, then maybe they open up more spots but that shouldn’t be til March.

Hope this helps.

IMHO, admissions knows (based on previous years statistics of applied/admitted/enrolled), that if they send out X number of admissions, they will get Y actually enrolled. Sounds like the university is busting at the seams, some departments more than others, so they have to be careful about how many admissions they give out to keep control of enrollment numbers.

Below is an interactive spreadsheet where you can see applied, admitted, and enrolled data going back to 2016 for the various departments, top 10% or not, transfer or not, etc. As said above, there is a place to turn down admission in AIS at the bottom of one of the sheets, but Tamu doesn’t give that spot to someone else, if that makes sense. Its a mystery to me though - I can only guess.

http://accountability.tamu.edu/All-Metrics/Mixed-Metrics/Applied,-Admitted,-Enrolled

Takes about 2 days after 6 tabs for the status to change and the acceptance letter to show up. The banner takes a week or two to arrive in the mail.

The waiting is Hard! But don’t give up hope. My son applied the first week of August and got his acceptance on 11/12. He got full admission into College of Engineering as a Review admin. He had quite a few friends get admitted well before him with similar stats.

1 Like

We got 6 tabs today!!! Cannot wait for that AIS status to change!

When did you apply: 10/16
Class Rank: 127/691 (18%)
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1260 (570 EBR & 690 M)
ACT (with Sub Scores) didn’t take
When did you receive your admission decision: 11/18
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Wanted Mays but got second choice stats
EC: Band 3 years with leadership, worked for over a year, NHS, 2 letters of rec
If I could’ve done it again I would’ve applied earlier, I think I would had a better chance and maybe even gotten in to Mays.

This gives me hope! These are pretty much my son’s stats, and same EC’s/work experience etc… he applied the same week (app was complete 10/18)…Mays first choice and Econ second…we’re still anxiously waiting to hear, hopeful that this week yields an acceptance…he’ll be happy with Econ if he gets that.

@Samehehe That’s awesome, congrats. But I thought you were doing econ as second choice? Did you get/read my message I sent a while back? You didn’t reply and then asked me again on the forum. I replied again and still didn’t get a response, so just making sure.

Sorry you didn’t get Mays, but there is a path you can take to position yourself well to change major into Mays if you so choose. Or you can always do a minor in Business.

Also, I’m going to assume Mays is now full. NO official word on that, but unlike Engineering, it is first come first served. So if we are seeing Mays first choice applicants get their 2nd choice, then that is most prudent assumption.

@Momof3B Econ is a great major. So much you can do with that and an easy change of major to Mays if you so desire and make the grades.

@pschwa1 Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats so I can compare myself?

Do any of you guys know how second quartile students are placed in the admissions process. Are they in a separate group? I am in the second quarter but I am very close to first and my GPA is lower because of earlier grades. Hopefully, they can see that.

@momof3B and @popyhead Absolutely without a doubt submit your test scores. We were given the same advice by our regional advisor and my son received his acceptance less than 2 week later. It was explained to me that test scores won’t hurt you, but people who submit their scores get “two bites at the apple” because they go through an extra review process.

@Lori2Me Do you think I should submit them now with a 1240(660 math and 580 English) or wait until I take the December Sat or should I submit them now and during December?