TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Got 6 tabs today! I’m an OOS applicant from California and my twin sister got her acceptance a week ago. I applied to Mays but I’m assuming I’ll get my second choice major(English) because its full. Here are my stats.
Date Applied: 9/17
GPA: 3.59 unweighted, 3.84 weighted, 8 APs and 1 honors
Test Scores: Didn’t send any
EC’s: JV lacrosse, marching band, winter drum line, work, youth group, etc.

@chasehans24 congrats! Look on ais on see what major it’s listing where it has 1st’& 2nd choice. If mays is still first, then you probably got it. The major changes before you get acceptance! Let us know please. Oh and Whoop!!!

@Eggscapgoats that link to the chart was extremely helpful. Thanks for sharing it. It was a littel discouraging because as I added the info for my son’s major and all other criteria…it went down to 115 applied and only 30 were accepted.

However, he has been accepted to another university and I keep telling him that what God has planned will be what happens. Just really wanted to see that acceptance. I guess as a homeschool mom - it would be validation to the hard work he has done over the years.

@popyhead Sure! Here are the Stats:
App submitted: 8/5/20
3.9 GPA 4.8 Unweighted
11 AP credits, 2 Dual Credit classes
SAT 1360 Math 710 ENGL 640
4 Years Marching Band, NHS, Eagle Scout
1 year of employment
In State
Review Admit
Major: Engineering / Computer Science
Accepted 11/13/20

This is a silly question - do we include gym class in the SRAR

S21’s Oct 27th School Day SAT scores came back today…while he went up 30pts in EBRW (620) his Math score went down. His Sept SAT score was 1180, which is why we went Test Optional. TAMU doesn’t Superscore, so I don’t think sending in 2 test scores of 1180 & 1150 are going to help his application…I feel like his class rank, EC’s etc are stronger than these test scores.

So I guess we just keep waiting? Thoughts?

Taking the SAT again in December is NOT an option…I don’t see anything changing and he just doesn’t do well on standardized tests. The only thing I can think to do maybe to nudge them is send his most recent transcript that came out a couple of weeks ago that show he moved up 6 spots in class rank? It would take at least a week for the latest transcript to get there, which means they won’t even see it until after Thanksgiving and we could conceivably get a decision back by then anyway? IDK, I’m just grasping at straws here…he wants this so much. He’s been accepted everywhere else he applied and is literally just waiting on TAMU :frowning:

@AggieMomhelp @Eggscapgoats @wewait Thank you all for your info! Probably going to go ahead and pay room deposit at Tarleton just in case to hold her spot.

Still waiting …when can we expect a big wave of acceptances for Engineering review admits for A&M?

We applied and submitted everything including ACT , Rec letters and official transcript in early September and I see On the forum that some kids with almost the same profiles with lower ACT than my daughter have already received their Engineering acceptances.
How come all kids at the same GPA level are not assessed at the same time?

Pattern of acceptances I have seen so far for engineering on the forum is all over the place for review admits. Makes the waiting even more difficult.

@Momof3B Did your son ever consider taking the ACT? I’m suggesting this because my son took the SAT 3 times, one being recently, and he took the ACT once. Well, his ACT score (when converted to an SAT score) is 100 pts higher than any of his SAT scores. I’ve heard that kids can do much better on one than the other. Just a thought…

He tried to take the ACT but got caught up in all the cancellations from March to this Fall…Between SAT & ACT he had 7 cancelled tests. When the SAT finally happened in September he just went with it. I’ll talk to him tonight and see how he feels about giving it a shot…but I suspect he’s going to resist as he’s over testing period and gets a fair amount of anxiety over it all.

@WannabAggieMom Tarleton is also where my son is planning on going if A&M doesn’t work out. We were looking at dorms today – have y’all looked at them? If so, is there one that is more popular or “better” than others? My son was accepted as an Honors student but he doesn’t plan on taking Honors classes so the Honors dorm is out.

@Momof3B If I were you, I would have your S21 submit the SAT score. His Sept score is at the bottom of the middle 50% admitted range, which means he is solidly in the range for admission! TAMU has said repeatedly that submitting an SAT score will not hurt your admission chances, it can only help you. The middle SAT range for admitted students is 1170-1380. Both of his scores are solidly at the 25% range of admitted students, which gives him another chance for getting admitted since they look at each application with the SAT/ACT scores and without. If he only has without, then he doesn’t get that extra admission possibility.

@cactusrose Sounds like your son has taken rigorous classes and done well. Hope y’all get good news soon!

I’m wondering about that spreadsheet…does “applied” refer to those who got to the point “your app is complete and in review” or does it include everyone who paid $75 but didn’t necessarily complete their app? I’m guessing the later because the “applied” numbers are very high

@Eggscapgoats good question. I assumed it was everyone who completed an application, but you may be right.

Our S21 (admitted) included all of his PE classes on the SRAR just so that it would be as complete a transcript of all of his classes as possible. Not sure what others have done.

@Momof3B I completely understand how your son feels…“no more tests and no getting up early on a Saturday to take a test” Sounds familiar! Over the summer, DS was scheduled to take the residual ACT at A&M and as we were pulling up he says something like…“should I have brought my ID”?!? I think his “lack of enthusiasm” for this test contributed to him not preparing, and no, he was not allowed to test

Pointed out to him - “Do you want to look back on this and regret not taking the test? There’s going to be tests in college” So the next time (thankfully we were able to find an opening 1 hr away), he was ready - ID in hand!

Ok, I just got off the phone with an Admissions Officer in CStat and now I’m even more confused.

Here’s what she told me:

1. Sending an SAT score will not make a difference as it won’t be looked at since they are truly Test Optional this year and it wouldn’t be fair across applicants if one was judged based on test score and another wasn’t. She said test scores will only be considered for those applying for scholarships…so basically, don’t bother sending in the 1180.

2. She said the only Review admits that have gotten acceptances are EA Engineering (which according to this thread is not true lol) and all other Review admits will not hear back until February or March…umm not true but okay?

3. She said that Mays is full now BUT that doesn’t mean that a Review admit hasn’t had their application looked at already and earmarked for Mays, but they still won’t get a decision until Feb/March…huh?!

4. As per my sons case, she said we could go ahead and upload his newest school transcript that shows his class rank and weighted numerical GPA went up along with his Dual Credit transcript from the community college that shows his A’s received, but were not on his transcript before because of the Pass/Fail implemented by our school district due to Covid last Spring. She emphatically said that they only look at documentation/transcripts/test scores that are received by 12/1/2020 and nothing after that.

So there we go. I feel like I got a lot of contradictory information but maybe that’s the standard talking point that’s being given to anyone and everyone? Because I know that the people in this thread as well as his classmates who are review admits and already admitted aren’t lying lol.

Lord, please don’t make us wait until March for a decision.

Wow, thank you for sharing all of that. I believe most of what they told you aside from what you’ve addressed, we have seen some, not a lot, of review admits other than engineering be accepted. It seems everyone is already hearing sooner than prior years, so I believe most will have an answer by end of January. That is my gut only.

Okay so I just went back through this thread starting on 10/30/2020. Since then only 12 review students (NON Engineering) have said they are admitted. Yes, I could have missed a post, lol, but I think it’s close to accurate and also 1 2nd quarter admittance.

My point being, most of the review applicants we are seeing are from Engineering, so don’t stress yet. We always see a cluster of review admits every year hear in November and December. BUT the majority are in January/February.

Will try to be more patient!! In the mean time, we’ll plan out a trip up to Lubbock so that he can see Texas Tech (he got his acceptance for there last night) and continue working on his business honors application for UTD (already accepted there as well).

I’m going to ask him to start deciding on his 2nd choice just in case TAMU (full admit or Blinn Team) doesn’t pan out, so that we can put down a housing deposit now. It will between UTD, Tech & UNT.