TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/apply?_ga=2.266831950.1140443637.1606851253-1123112313.1606851253

The Fall 2021 freshman admission deadline has been extended to December 15.

1 Like

I applied to Engineering over Thanksgiving break. (I missed the October 15th EA deadline, wasn’t ready by then.) Wondering if this will negatively impact me? Do Engineering spots get filled up by the early action applicants?

I’d recommend staying at the A&M hotel if available for the same price. It would be so much more convenient, especially with a lot of the NSC meetings next door.

1 Like

when did your daughter’s application shown as “complete”?

How do we find out who our respective admissions counselor would be?

I believe there were a couple of kids that got accepted into Viz at the end of October. At least that is what I saw on a FaceBook group I am in.

2 Likes

I guess my only concern is trying to get off campus to eat. We stayed there when we toured summer between his 10th and 11th grade, it was during a NSC and it took forever to get our car from valet. I guess if just park in the garage it may be better. It will be a little more expensive because we will have to pay for parking. However, it probably will be super convenient for NSC. The other factor will be if my husband goes with us. I have heard that the beds at the George are smaller than queens and it would be hard for all 3 of us to stay in 1 room. I guess it is good to have options!

@tmclanton As part of NSC, you do get one parking pass which is good in numerous lots/garages.

1 Like

Anyone hear anything from Biology yet?

Her application showed complete and in review before oct 15. Can’t remember the exact date, but it took a couple of days before the counselor sent the academic record.

@tmclanton If you’re willing to walk, there are plenty of good places to eat in Century Square, where the George is. If you’re talking about NSC, that means he decided on A&M, right? Did he ever hear back about business honors? I can’t remember which NSC my son signed up for, but it’s one of the early ones in May.

He has not heard back, yet. I am getting anxious about it at this point. I know they have started sending out acceptances, but there is still plenty of time.
A&M is still his top choice and he is holding out hope that he will get Mays BH. He is still considering TTU based on the amount of money they will probably end up giving him, but I would prefer he go to A&M, even if it does cost more. So, I went ahead and signed him up for NSC, since that is his goal… I guess I am just trying to “speak it into existence”.
Thank you for asking… that was sweet!

1 Like

My son got 6 tabs this morning. He applied on 9/28. Out of state, second 25% ranking (his HS does not rank, so SRAR did it for him), 3.6 GPA. Just sent in the SAT score from 10/28 which was 1220. He did not get his first choice of Business, but he got his second choice of Communications. Excited to wait for AIS to reflect admission.
Anyone know how hard it is to change majors to get into the Business school?

3 Likes

Howdy! I was wondering if I could get some insight about my chances of acceptance. I applied on August 1st and my SRAR was uploaded on August 7th. My GPA is a 4.56. I’m in the second quartile (barely I’m like 27%). I have taken the SAT 5 times and chosen to send my score each time, it has increased every time I’ve taken it and is now at a 1310 with a 720 math and 590 reading/writing. I have been on my dance team for all 4 years and serving as a leader on the team my junior and senior years. I have also been a teen leader at my church last year and this year. I am in 3 honor societies (national honor society, national technical honor society, and national english honor society). I’ve also been on various visits which I heard is something they like to see.

I applied for the college of engineering with industrial engineering as my first choice.

Welcome! It sounds like you have some strong stats with some good Extra-Curricular activities and leadership. Congrats on all of your hard work! Since they have extended applications to Dec. 15, that may push back hearing anything for a little while. I hope you hear something soon… I know how hard it is to wait! Good luck and keep us updated!

I have no problems walking… apparently I walk REALLY fast! When we went in February to Aggieland Saturday, I was trying to get us from one section to another at Mays. I was walking so fast that my son thought it was funny and videoed it and sent it to my husband. They have now been bestowed the nickname of “Turbo Tammy”. Everytime we go somewhere, and I am on a mission, they will start calling me that! Thanks for the information!

1 Like

Just wanted to share something that I found that I believe confirms that Mays Business School has no open spots left. If you go to your Howdy Portal, and go to change your major choices, you will get a message that says:

" Certain College Station majors have limited seats available due to enrollment limits: Once the limit is reached, no more spaces will be added and you will not be able to select these majors"

None of the Business majors are selectable.

You guys have been busy. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

The TAMU hotel is amazing and fun. You definitely don’t have to valet. Easy to get car and drive around Cstat. The George is great too and Turbo Tammy, you won’t have to walk too fast or far for places to eat, drink or shop.

@ whoever is still waiting on Engineering, you will most likely get some sort of offer, Academy or Galveston. If not, then apply to another academy that goes through the ETAM process. You’ll have the same opportunities as the rest.

Yes Mays is full.

1 Like

Thanks @AggieMomhelp . I am wondering though, do you think all the spots in the regular Texas A&M Engineering are full now for anyone who missed the Early Engineering deadline of Oct 15?

I am an auto-admit student, so I got admitted to Texas A&M this week, but they said that the Engineering Review results would only be posted in January.

If we applied to Mays and haven’t gotten in, is there a chance we could get a Blinn Team offer or maybe our 2nd choice? If so, when would the Blinn Team offers be sent out?
Thank you!!