TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

My son’s AIS still shows his application in review with Mays as his first choice and Econ as his second choice. The only change I see is that it now says “Your application documents must be received (not postmarked) by the 12/21/2020 closing date”

Wait does that mean engineering is full or are they still offering spots… Hopefully, they are because I applied for early action and still have not heard back.

Yay!!! Congrats to your son on the 6 tabs!
It is my understanding that they have about 200 students they accept into Mays after their freshman year. It is competitive. They have a better chance of being admitted if they have taken the 5 core business courses with a high GPA.
So, it is possible, but no guarantee. (I may have some of the specifics off, but there are others on here that really know this information!)

1 Like

Engineering shouldn’t be full yet. Since you’re auto to Tamu… If you don’t get engineering, they’ll give you option of another open major or engineering academy at blinn.

1 Like

wait I am not auto admit, I am part of the holistic review that is why it is taking longer for me.

Congrats on 6 tabs! My D received 6 tabs as well and communications is her first choice major. Anyone have any advice on how long it takes for AIS to change to ADMITTED?? I know that it was taking a while when A&M did their first wave of admits.

1 Like

Has anyone received their 6 tabs or acceptance this morning? My son has been in review since September, and we are anxiously waiting.

@UTgrad25 we are right there with you. What major is your son applying to? We are Biology and I haven’t seen any admits on here so that is comforting at least. Maybe the College of Science is just taking longer. At any rate, we are anxious!

@EngMom21 He is an education major. But what we find strange is that there are kids with lower stats than him that have already been admitted to more competitive majors.

@UTgrad25 my D received 6 tabs I cannot say for sure if it was today or yesterday as we don’t check everyday. All I know is that they are there today and we were able to access housing!

1 Like

@UTgrad25 Yes, we have seen the same. I am trying to be patient, but honestly I just worry about her not having good housing choices or any financial aid if it is too late in the game. She is already accepted everywhere else and I am just the type of person that likes to have all of her ducks in a row. lol

@EngMom21 We are right there with you! He has been accepted to every other school he has applied to. He really wants to live in Hullabaloo Hall, and since it is so popular we are worried that he won’t be able to get it if he is not admitted soon!

Also does AIS or TAMU send an email once the portal is updated with an acceptance?

We are right there with you. Other schools are inviting my daughter to all sorts of events, yet she’s holding out for TAMU.

Same. She wants Hullabaloo too.

helimom3 The letter shows up in AIS under My Communications immediately after the 6 tabs. It takes a day or two to show Admitted and around a week to get the banner in the mail. Congratulations!

1 Like

@UTgrad25 my daughter received an email about a week later (I knew and was hoping to surprise her with the banner but the email came first.) and then about another week she received the beloved Aggie banner!

@tmclanton Turbo Tammy - I love it! :joy: Whether you end up parking on campus or at a hotel, expect to do some walking (or power walking). But it’s not bad at all, and if the weather is nice, even better. If if you don’t stay at the George, you should check out Century Square. It’s a fun place to eat and hang out.

With our recent posts about NSC, hotels, parking, etc. I REALLY, REALLY hope that A&M has in-person NSCs for our kiddos. The 2020 NSCs were virtual, as were Fish Camp, Impact, etc. I keep hoping and praying that things are different by next summer/fall for the Class of 2025.

2 Likes

Great point… I have blocked that out and not allowing my brain to go there! Everything will be perfectly normal next year!

1 Like