TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

quote=“Popyhead, post:1109, topic:2098557, full:true”]
wait I am not auto admit, I am part of the holistic review that is why it is taking longer for me.
[/quote]

sorry, that was to @denalibear

1 Like

Sorry, this new site structure is hard for me to get used to. @morr33 Yes, there’s a chance you’ll get Team for Mays, but if TAMU wants you first, then you’ll get your 2nd choice offer.

1 Like

My daughter applied to the College of Education & Human Development at end of September and we still have not heard. I just called TAMU Admissions and they said if they are being looked at holistically, to expect a decision in February!

Totally agree!

I believe I remember seeing a post on Reddit a couple of weeks ago with an Education Major non-auto admission.

1 Like

Here is the education major admit on Reddit. It won’t let me post the link (it won’t allow reddit links) on this page. The poster was u/NotAbeTsai

He states:

I recently got accepted to the school of education and human development! Comment if you want my stats (I’m a non auto)

He gives his stats:

Ok so as for academics I had a 3.99 Weighted GPA, a 1250 SAT but a 28 ACT (I sent both), 4s on four out of 5 of my AP Exams, and my class rank was 277/1325 (around top 20%) at a competitive public in state HS.

Extracurricular wise I’m a 7 year band student with 3 years in Wind Ensemble and 2 years in Symphony Orchestra. I’m also on the leadership team with my current high school band. I’m also currently on my school’s varsity swim team.

@hollye10 That is their patent answer. You are speaking with primarily students when you call. Review admits have been notified but just a small percentage. There will probably be another “wave” in Dec. and then most will come out in mid to late January.

Hang in there.

3 Likes

Thank you! It is so frustrating, mainly because I am worried about on-campus housing filling up! I appreciate the support!

my son had six tabs yesterday. AIS still doesn’t show Admitted and no admitted letter created. I am able to access housing. have you seen yours change?

1 Like

I haven’t received a decision for my EA engineering application, and I plan on joining the Corps of Cadets if admitted. Should I worry about Corps housing filling up?

Did everyone just get the email about applying to the honors program at TAMU?

1 Like

For timing - My son got his 6 tabs first thing on Wed morning. AIS got updated at 3:00pm CST on Thursday as well as the admit letter in My Communications/My Letters. Manage Applications still shows him under review.

1 Like

Yes, you are highly competitive. My son is an Aggie, and he had nowhere near your credentials. Be patient, and good luck!

My youngest son did, and he is not yet accepted.

When did your son send his application in, if you don’t mind me asking?

@morr33 I just went back and looked at stats. Honestly your act and 2nd quarter ranking will probably get you either Team or PSA based on prior years. However, this year is so different so it’s really just an opinion.

Just remember there are many ways to get to Tamu if you don’t get the answer you want!!!

Awesome thank you for your response…It is to my knowledge(correct me if i’m wrong) that PSA doesn’t apply to Business students? Also, do Blinn team offers come out late? And do you think there is a chance I get denied completely? Sorry for all the questions, I am starting to look at housing with friends and am a little anxious. Thank you so much for your time!!

Here is the website for PSA.
PSA admission for TAMU

If your kid is in a major that isn’t in PSA, they would have to change their major to the one that’s being offered.

I applied as a mechanical engineer as my major and submitted my application
around October 10. I’ve got admitted into the university a couple weeks after and been stuck in engineering review since. My friend who submitted his app shortly after I did for the same major is already admitted into general engineering. Does this mean my application was rejected?
My class rank: 17/692 top 2%
Both me and friend chose not to use our SAT/ACT score.

I would not read into that that you were rejected. There is sometimes no rhyme or reason as to why some get admitted to their major before others At the top 2%, I think you have great shot at engineering!