TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Where is the first place that we will see that they have been offered admission? Does it show in AIS, do we get an email, or is it in snail mail? Any idea when they will start sending it out? Trying to figure out the best way to accept ASAP to improve chances for the housing he wants. (He is Auto-admit and application is complete.)

@tmclanton , when my daughter went through this process two years ago, it showed up in the AIS. There is also business about getting “6 tabs” which you can look through old feeds from last year/year before to appreciate all the hype about getting the magical 6 tabs. My daughter was auto-admit and completed her app on opening day that year of July 1. She got her university acceptance on September 20th and her engineering acceptance on October 12th. Given that apps opened a month later, no academic admits this year, test optional, covid chaos, I don’t know when to expect the first roll outs to happen. They could be a month later? If I was in Admissions though, I would be cranking these early apps out as fast as I could because all the test optional apps are going to take twice as long to review I bet! I’m glad to see another parent who is anxiously awaiting too. My son’s app is complete and in review for Engineering and I’m already trying hard to be patient. Good luck to your son! I hope my son joins yours as an Aggie Class of 2025!

@ChillyCow Thank you for the information. It sounds like you are an Aggie family! When we toured the school, I went home and tried to find an online doctorate program I could do so that I can get my ring with him. I loved it. I went to Texas Woman’s University and did not get the full college experience.

I may have undiagnosed OCD… when I get stuck on something I can’t divert myself! This is all I can think about. Has my son given it one thought… nope! Truth be told, he probably realizes that mommy will get it taken care of. Not sure that is a good message for a senior in high school about to go off to college. lol Good luck to your son as well!

@tmclanton , yes, we are Aggie’s by childbirth! lol, Our daughter is Aggie Class of 2023 and LOVES it. She turned down Rice and UT to go to College Station and has never looked back. Our son is confused in his thinking and wants to go to UT but the rest of us are hoping he comes to his senses. haha (of course, there is good chance that he may not get in and then, that will decide that pretty quickly!) I totally have OCD with the college thing and my family is worried about what I will do when this last kid goes off to college. Perhaps I’ll get a puppy? I dunno. Glad to have a partner in crime while we wait!

@ChillyCow My son loved Rice, but I think that would have been a long shot. He did not care for UT. I think he was fine with UT itself, but did not like Austin and being in the city. He still wants to apply other places, but I am letting him take the reigns for applying other places… we will see what he comes up with. I am trying not to persuade him one way or another, but I would love for him to be an Aggie!

@tristatecoog It depends on the major. The transfer requirements can be found at this link.

http://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/majors
They have minimum GPA indicated however, if it is a competitive major like Mays or Engineering the minimum may not be sufficient. Blinn is the same as any other CC however, for transfer I don’t think it hurts you to go to Blinn or even another CC. If you are going through the PTA program you are required to go to a Texas CC. For straight transfer it doesn’t matter whether it is CC or University.

@tmclanton im not sure how I missed your post/question a couple of days ago. Let me reread tomorrow and reply because I have a bit to say about university studies and it’s late and I don’t want to reply by phone lol.

Son submitted his application last week, he is auto admit. At the moment UT is his #1, but A&M is growing on him.

Sorry I quoted the whole thing, but helps address it better. If your son is full Mays, it is definitely better to stick with this, especially in Honors program. Under management he will choose a route (pre law, consulting, etc.) so he’ll be even more focused. University studies in business is fairly new and while the degree will say Mays, it won’t hold the same weight. There are 24 business credits they take. Even before Covid, the majority are only offered online with this option. They would take the non business accounting and only one total. A couple of management, but not the same as if you were in Mays business. Does this make sense? I would do Mays and minor in Engineering unless he really wants to do engineering after college. My son in law has an engineering degree and he works for a tax consulting company who represent engineering clients to tax appraisers. He wishes he had some business courses for this. There are so many things to do with both of these degrees. It really depends on if he knows what he wants to do when he grows up… I’m still waiting to figure this out too.

You won’t hear back til Mid september if the “norm” holds. You’ll see the tabs on howdy change to 6 total… or maybe 7 now. At that time some people were able to access the housing portal and start the process even before they saw the “Whoop, you’ve been accepted” (could take a day or two for that to appear). Don’t stress about housing. It’s a crap shoot but always works out. It’s more about the roommate and your son’s willingness to get out there and get involved. I think if we polled sophomores in college right now about what they stressed about but ended up being no big deal, it would be housing.

In that vain though, what housing is he looking at; style, local, etc.

Depends on the major. Business and Engineering need close to a 4.0. Others 3.3 plus and then some as low as 3.0. Blinn is a great pathway to TAMU. Some of the same instructors, you’re around TAMU students (not just Blinn Team students) and can get involved in some things on campus (at least be around it).

@AggieMomhelp
I’m trying to transfer into Civil. I have around a 3.7 gpa and have 34 hours completed. I have all of my required courses finished. What do you think are my chances?

Engineering is so hard to guesstimate. You’re up against all of the Academy students who are automatics with the right GPA (I think 3.5 unless that’s changed to higher). Also up against current Aggies at both main campus and Galveston. I’m not really well versed in Engineering transfers. Maybe @Thelma2 could weigh in on this…

So I thought the Engineering Honors application was supposed to open today but there isn’t a link to it. It still says something like “Coming soon; opens on September 1”. Am I looking in the wrong place or did the Engineering Honors department all go Dove hunting for Opening Day and forget to put in the link?!

@AggieMomhelp thank you so much for the responses. He does not know exactly what he wants. He says he will stick with Mays since it is a sure thing and hope for honors. He has time to figure it out. I told him it is better to start in Mays and if He decides to switch majors it will be easier than trying to switch into Mays later.
He wants Hullabaloo or modular. I am probably making it more of deal than it needs to be… my OCD/planning gene gets ahold of me and I can’t divert! Lol
Thank you again for all of your help!

Any idea when Communication majors start hearing back?? We checked off that we’d accept Blinn TEAM, but are still hopefully for full admission…

When did you apply: August 1st
Class Rank: 2nd quarter (about top 30%)-- super competitive high school
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1350
ACT (with Sub Scores) n/a
When did you receive your admission decision:
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: review
Major/College of Choice: Communications

You can always email them and inquiry about it (they may forget to add the link given everything is not in norm this semester). I emailed them couple times last year and always got very helpful replies from them within 2-3 of days.

@ATTX , good to know about their helpful replies! I think I will give it a few days. I’m practicing my “this is my patient looking face” because I will need to use it for many months to come this year. Ha!

You probably won’t hear back til after January. 2nd qtr regardless of competitiveness will not be considered a bubble applicant. Sat score is solid. Any extracurriculars to help stand out? As for major, they say it doesn’t matter for freshman admission. They are admitted to Tamu first then put in Major it still open. Blinn team heard in January and February and I think even into March. Last year was crazy. Seems like we say that each year though. Best of luck and put into play a back up plan even if it’s going straight Blinn and living up here. After 24 graded credits you can apply to comm (so if dual credit and 12 hours of fall, apply in January for summer or following fall).

3 years of varsity cheer, over 200 hours of community service, exchange student in China for leadership program… we are hoping for the best ??