TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@wido711 A few years back my friend’s daughter got to December and still hadn’t heard anything (OOS, top of class, high high standard test scores). The grandfather was concerned so he called and they said that she was missing a math grade which ended up being on TAMU’s end. By the end of the day, she was an Aggie!! So, it does help to call after you’ve had a chance to look at the HOWDY portal. Best wishes!

1 Like

I’ve been stuck in engineering review for 8 weeks after submitting my app before the early deadline. I’ve heard many of friends are getting admitted into general engineering relatively fast despite turning it in way past the early decision deadline. Is this a sign that I’m not gonna be accepted.

I would call or email, make sure they have everything

So who do I call? Just office of admissions?

If you want to explain everything in an email, you can always email admissions@tamu.edu
Admissions Customer Service
MON - FRI | 8AM - 5PM CST
(979) 845-1060 | Admissions@tamu.edu

Same thing for me. I applied in early October, and still no decision.

For everyone wondering what’s going on with admissions, keep in mind a few things.

1. The admission deadline was pushed to December 15th.
  2. We have already been told that if you don’t hear anything by this Friday, we likely won’t hear anything until January.

It sucks for those kiddos who applied in August. Don’t lose hope yet. Keep reminding yourself that if you want to be A&M, they are committed to get you there. My daughter is waiting right along there with you.

I wish I could give you all a hug every afternoon like I do with my daughter. It’s going to be OK. And I’m sure lots of you are getting pressure from other schools like mine is. Oklahoma State and Texas Tech are pushing HARD for her to make a decision. Just be patient.

7 Likes

I’d recommend that you go ahead and enroll at another school to make sure you get housing. You can always withdraw once you hear back from A&M. That’s what we did with OU until A&M said yes. Good luck!

I need some advice about first year housing. My buddies and I are interested in staying at Park West for our first year, but we read the reviews and they aren’t great. As we started looking around at more reviews, none of them were spectacular and most places had a few problems. Any suggestions? I would say Park West is still our top choice since we loved it so much on the tour. Thank you!

@morr33 My daughter loved PW and never had any issues. She was in the towers.

2 Likes

Awesome thank you for your response. Also, do you have any idea when PW tends to start to fill up? I want to make sure to secure my spot. Thanks!

Certain floor plans sell out faster than others. You can see on their website or call their leasing office to see how many are available. Also, prices will continue to increase incrementally. By May, a unit can be $100 more per month! Once you sign the lease, there is not way to cancel it.

1 Like

Park West would love to fill up, but it doesn’t but as stated, some floor plans will. As for reviews… there will always be some bad ones no matter where you look to live. I haven’t heard any real issues about Park West. It is an amazing piece of property with many amenities.

The sooner you commit, the better for most places. Watch for specials and deals. We always committed by spring break and always got good deals.

1 Like

Hello - I realize my DS stats are not really competitive but just looking for any insight/feedback from others with similar stats. Also, is the Communications degree as competitive as some of the others I have been reading about? Should we consider changing to another major - he is also really interested in Philosophy and English.

When did you apply: 11/01/2020
Class Rank: private prep school OOS, 2nd qtr
SAT (with Sub Scores) N/A
ACT (with Sub Scores) 30 (34 English/33 Reading/26 Science / 28 Math) 10 of 12 writing
GPA: 3.3/4.0
When did you receive your admission decision: TBD
Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review (and out of state)
Major/College of Choice: Communications/Media Studies

4: AP World Geo
3: AP US History
TBD: AP Gov

E/Cs are typical - Football/Wrestling - 3 years, 1 year varsity, Yearbook staff - 2 years, Broadcasting Club - 3 years

60+ hours community service/volunteering
Summer Camp Counselor & lifeguard

Do you think he has a chance getting into TAMU?

@GeorgiaTX do you know where he falls in 2nd qtr? His act is pretty competitive and several ECs look good. Tamu insists that your major doesn’t matter when you apply as a freshman. You are admitted to the university and IF your first choice major is still available, then you get it. If not they move to 2nd and if that’s full too then they will email you about options.

With that being said, Comm doesn’t typically fill up this early. Lots of review candidates won’t hear back til January and February. Don’t lose hope and don’t change major. No need.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Thanks for the quick reply @AggieMomhelp!

Unfortunately, we don’t know his class rank - his high school doesn’t rank so we are going off what was populated in the portal.

I kind of feel like it is a coin toss for him so just trying to have a solid plan B(& C) and hope for the best in January/February.

I am researching the pathways info as well as Blinn in case that becomes an option as well. I will let everyone know either way when we hear something.

Appreciate all the insight on here!

1 Like

I still haven’t received admission into Mays and I heard that spots are already full. I am in the 1st quarter. In my AIS, it still shows Mays as my first major and hasn’t changed. Does this mean that I’m going to be rejected?

Deleted

1 Like

My d is still waiting to hear back. Has anyone heard back from Education; does it fill up fast? Also, what does it mean if her AIS 1st choice major changed from Interdisciplinary Studies to Education?

I have seen some Education majors on this forum but not a lot however my daughter is on an Aggie group of newly accepted students and I see a lot of education. From what little I know, they may have filled up and so are moving your second choice to your first choice position. @AggieMomhelp will most likely have a great answer!