TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

If she’s in biology she will have to ask to change major to Bims. Super competitive program and very small.

But congrats on acceptance!!!

FYI both my dentist and optometrist study undergraduate Biology in A&M, they both stated BIMS is very good but not absolutely necessary for pre-med.

1 Like

Hey everyone!! I was wondering what you guys think my chances are of getting in…I’m nervous and not sure if I applied right…I applied with things that I’m also going to be participating in as a senior so idk.
When did you apply: 08/12/20 but application completed on 08/28/20
Class Rank: 1Q, 10th/44
SAT: Didn’t submit
ACT: Didn’t submit
GPA: 3.7/4.0 or 93.1116 (as of last May, transcripts don’t update until after the 1st
When did you receive your admission decision: Didn’t yet
Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review (in state)
Major/College of Choice: English

@hopefulaggie25 hey there. Can you give any more insight? Like extra curricular a, volunteers hours. Work etc? Just not a lot for any of us to go on to even try to chance you.

1 Like

Also I am VERY involved doing a bunch of community service projects as well as have various uil/short story/and fccla awards.

I am involved in UIL, NHS, FCCLA, Worship Team, and community service projects I organize. I am BIG in leadership and this year I am Editor of the yearbook with a job in retail as well.

Lol I just realized that. Check my next reply.

Lol we replied in the cloud at the same time. Your ECs sound good. If your resume is real and not fluffy then you have a good chance. Freshman admit is very competitive so if you don’t get the decision you want… fight for the next step. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

We are coming to learn that there are two acceptance criteria: general admission and engineering admission. I was under the impression that you were evaluated for admission into the university then once accepted, were considered separately for engineering. Based on what we know of others who have already been accepted (SAT, ranks, extracurriculars) through the review process, there is a different and much higher benchmark for engineering applicants. This lends credence to potentially changing the second major choice to a non major, if I’m interpreting correctly. Makes me wonder if you had put non-engineering, we would’ve already been admitted.

Last week I asked my admissions rep about this, and she said

“certainly indicate that your second interest is another type of Engineering – this illustrates to us that you are really serous about Engineering.
It is possible to be admitted to the university, but not to the major you’ve requested, but this does not happen very often. If I were you, and Engineering was my top choice, I would list this as my first and second choice major.”

Thanks for that insight. We are still double engineering at this point mainly because that’s what he’s set on doing as a career.

It pains me to know that a life long aggie kid (both parents) who is heavily interested in engineering will have to go to another school even though his heart is set on A&M and the Corps. He is a review admit and right down the middle on the averages of ranks and SAT that A&M accepts. Heavy on leadership and extracurriculars, AP’s.

At some point you have to have pride in your accomplishments knowing that many other top engineering schools know your value , accept you and you have to make the call to move on. Especially when your #1 choice could be sailing you down the river. We will have to support his final decision.

@FriscoParent Do you mind sharing your sons stats?

I see that the Priority Date for the FAFSA is tomorrow. If we are unable to submit by then, is it even looked at at TAMU or should we not bother filling it out?

is the neuroscience major at a&m competitive? I applied for it and I haven’t heard back yet :frowning:

Does anyone know when classes start in the fall 2021? I can not find the academic calendar online. TIA

Hey there @coltcali So the summer 2 session ends the 13th. So I’m going to assume as of now, the Fall will start either the 23 or 30th. In the past, I would have bet the 30th but with Covid, they may do it as early as possible. this past fall was Aug. 19th so the 23rd is probably a safe bet. Not sure when they will post official calendar though. Boy wasn’t I helpful, lol

Major is irrelevant for freshman admit, so they say. It’s more about how quickly it fills up and is it still available when you are accepted.

1 Like

The SRAR is due at the same time the applicaion is due, right?

1 Like

Yes, if I am remembering correctly, your application will not be considered complete until the SRAR is done and in the system at TAMU.

@AggieMomhelp Thank you. So I should plan for a week prior to fall start for moving into the dorms I assume? Is Fish camp (if it happens), usually earlier in the summer as well? Hoping the first week of Aug is free for a family comittement.

@coltcali Assuming we are good for real fish camp, there will be about 5 - 7 plus dates for you to choose from. Some start in mid July and the last one usually ends the week before school starts. Move in dates vary. Howdy week (welcome week) and Greek rush week are the full week before and is typically when move in week happens, unless they stagger for covid again.

The first week of august should be completely open for you.