TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Okay, total newbie parent dumb question here. Are the NSC dates that are posted for us to choose from separate from Fish Camp? Or is the NSC also called Fish Camp?

They are separate. The NSC is required and it is where they will meet with an advisor and register for fall classes, among other orientation-type things.

Fish Camp is optional, although it is a huge tradition as A&M. Impact is also popular, and often considered like a Christian fish camp. I know many students who do both Fish Camp and Impact, although they were both online last summer.

1 Like

Should Engineering EA applicants expect a decision soon?

1 Like

I am still waiting too. They said Mid December, but IDK anymore.

Have any Construction Science majors heard back yet? Is it everyone’s understanding that the ‘admission waves’ come in groups by majors? I’m curious as I haven’t seen many posts from Construction science people. Not sure if they just aren’t on this forum or if no one has heard yet. ? Sure was hoping we would hear by Christmas so we can move forward with decision making. 2020 has already been stressful enough…sure would be nice to have this off of our mind.

1 Like

Only engineering and some Mays will hear in groups, but mainly engineering. Majors arent decided on til admissions accepts the student. Then they slide you into your major if it’s open Aside from engineering and Viz majors, competitiveness isn’t a thing. It’s about how popular the major is.

Many dorms have a themed LLC. Can you live in a particular dorm but not be part of the LLC?

I applied back in October, when should my decision come in?

Yes. Most dorms will have both regular and LLcs

1 Like

New poster, long time follower. Also followed the class of 2023 thread for my older son. He is at Blinn and will transfer into A&M next Summer (hopefully). My younger son is applying this year. Woke up to 6 tabs on Howdy this morning. His stats:

Date applied: 11/30/2020
Review admit
Admission date: not official but had 6 howdy tabs today
Major: Sports Management (in Education/Kinesiology)
GPA 4.09
ACT 26, but STEM was 29
SAT 1210, Math 610, verbal 600
3 AP’s
1 Dual Credit
NHS, Boy’s State, Varsity Football

4 Likes

Wow, that is great! I thought they weren’t going to have any admissions this week. I am still waiting, but after this week I have to wait until after the first week of January.

So what you’re basically saying is that because I had economics as my 2nd choice, my engineering decision is gonna be delayed?

@rooskateer
I know it’s not directed at me, but I think your engineering decision would be delayed regardless just because it’s engineering. They accept you to Tamu first then review for engineering. If you don’t get engineering but they think Blinn academy is an option (or Galveston) then they will offer you that but also let you know you could go straight Tamu in the Econ dept assuming it’s not full.

You did not hurt yourself. By doing both majors, it’s just showing that you have other interest and there is nothing wrong with that as a 17/18 year old. My 2 cents.

1 Like

Hello everybody. I was wondering if I could get a little opinion on my chances of getting into Tamu.
Date applied: 10/9/2020
Review admit
Admission date: N/A
Major: College of Geosciences
GPA 3.7
ACT N/A
SAT optional
1 AP (still taking more this year)
2 Dual Credit
On Ramps credit from UT Austin.
NHS, Theatre Thespian, Student Council. Student Ambassador, JV tennis team
I had a summer job after sophomore year and then another one in February to March but it shut down due to COVID and I got laid off.

My kiddo got into Geoscience before thanksgiving. ACT 30, Non auto admit. Powerful writer and worked in summers in the labs.

2 Likes

My daughter received the following email this morning from Financial Aid, however she has not been accepted yet and still shows only 3 tabs. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a good sign that an acceptance is coming soon?

Scholarships & Financial Aid has received the results of your financial aid application for the 2021 - 2022 academic year. In order to continue processing your application, we need additional documentation from you. Please follow the steps below:

1. Log into the Howdy Portal at https://howdy.tamu.edu/ using your NetID and password.
  2. Click the My Finances tab and enter the Financial Aid Portal.
  3. Review the 2021 - 2022 academic year Status page for detailed information about missing requirements.

In an effort to protect your confidential and personally identifiable information Scholarships & Financial Aid only accepts documents submitted via fax, mail, in-person, or document upload in the Financial Aid Portal.

Sincerely,

Scholarships & Financial Aid
Division of Enrollment & Academic Services | Texas A&M University
PO Box 30016 | College Station, TX 77842-3016

Just got my acceptance OOS

1450 SAT
4.0 Unweighted/4.8 Weighted
3 Dual Enrollments
9 APs
Very good letters of rec
Strong essays

4 Likes

It’s official. My son’s AIS updated this afternoon showing he was admitted. 6 tabs showed up yesterday morning. I was a little worried it was taking too long but fortunately he is in and we can relax a little bit and soak it in. My oldest was offered PSA in 2019 but chose to attend Blinn and transfer in. Hopefully next year I will have both of my boys at A&M. Best of luck to all of you still waiting. It is a grueling and agonizing process, but please know God has a plan and there is more than one pathway to Aggieland.

5 Likes

Congratulations! A&M being a power house in SEC is one of the best in sports management, it outranks UT Austin and will have plenty of internship opportunities.

2 Likes

My son got into the General Engineering program at College Station today! It is exactly 17 days after he submitted his Coalition application. I am so proud of him!
My son’s FAFSA has been verified on Dec 3rd. However we have not heard anything from the financial aids and scholarships office yet. Does anyone know what should I do to make sure his FAFSA is received on time?

2 Likes