TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Did anyone else send their December SAT scores? Mine said it was sent on the 22nd on the college board website but my AIS still has not updated it.

My son sent his via expedited service and it shows up in AIS.

Totally agree on AP side. My comment is to make sure people realize dual credit is set. It is a college course and will be on transcript. Not sure one is able to retake a course you’ve received a college grade for.

But I would totally recommend retaking AP classes. Totally helps and builds upon a good foundation from HS.

1 Like

Totally depends on the student. My son did econ and changed major to mays after completing 3 semesters. Blinn is 4 semesters. So not a big difference. Blinn is a bit cheaper and you get all the perks of being an Aggie when on Team because you are an Aggie. It’s a cool program. However, they won’t offer you team just because you list Mays first. If you get in, they’ll look to see what your choices are and what’s available.

My son had mays first and Econ second. He didn’t get a choice.

Regarding not using Dual Credit at TAMU: I have emailed with Jon Buchannon (probably spelled his name wrong) about this concerning my son. Mr. B said he could retake his Austin Community College Dual Credit classes that are needed for ETAM such as Calculus and Physics. The ACC class grade would remain visible on the transcript but the TAMU grade would be the one computed for GPA. Reason being is TAMU wants to make sure students are all on an equal footing with knowledge acquired from these classes (ie, make sure the students learned the material TAMU wants them to know is my takeaway). Of course, students should double check but this was my conversation from last year (summer 2020ish?) with him concerning my Class of 2025 son.

1 Like

On your son’s Ais does it show an x with a mark saying it was received past the deadline?

Great info. Thank you! That’s great they will allow you to do that for credit. No dual credit gpas are used for tamu gpa regardless of whether you are retaking or not.

I would definitely advise anyone wanting to retake to do what you did and speak with the advisor for your major.

1 Like

Hi, I heard the next wave of applications will be this Friday? I was wondering if this is true or just a rumor.

1 Like

Applicants should monitor their ‘My Communications’ tab to view correspondence from Admissions. Freshmen engineering applicants who remain in review have been deferred to the decision review in January. AIS will not be updated routinely during the holiday break; we return on January 4th and will need time to catch up so please be patient.

That is what is listed at the top of the AIS portal right now. So who knows

1 Like

Seems a tad early. Maybe next week. I have heard no rumors about it being this week. I believe the last 2 cycles, it was more the 2nd to 3rd week of January for full round of full admits.

So about when are we thinking blinn team decisions will come out? Like is it expected that the next few waves of admissions will be some of the last full admits or a mix?

I want to say that last year, we heard some team admits before the last wave of full admits. Then there were some that got team and then switched to full admit in march or april. SO weird. I’ve slept since then so my timing could be off, but I’ll go look back when I can.

Here is what I have found interesting about all of this. My kid got asked to apply for University Honors…and HASN’T been admitted to TAMU. That just seems weird to me.

Has anybody been admitted to the Engineering Honors program? How long did it take to get a decision after submitting the application? Thanks!

1 Like

@Momof0ne, we are waiting too! My son applied about a week after it opened. I bet your daughter will be one of the first to hear back; post here when she gets her acceptance!

on my AIS over break it told me if you had not been accepted already for engineering honors, your application was going to be reviewed in regular. this was around december 20th or so.

Thank you @Chillycow. She submitted her app only last week. She had a very tough couple of months. She planned to submit her app over the thanksgiving break, but right before the break started, her best friend since elementary school passed away. It took a long time for her to process that and get back to applications. Right after the break, she had her posse finalist interview which did not go well. She really struggled at school the last three weeks of the fall semester. We finally convinced her over the winter break that she should take care of her future. Thankfully most of her college essays were completed before this incident, so we were able to get them out in time. But she did not even start working on her Engineering honors essay, she did that over the winter break. So she finally submitted her app on Jan 1st.

1 Like

Anxiously waiting for my son to hear if he was accepted into College of Engineering or not. This is his first choice school so we are VERY anxious over here. He has another great option but are hearts are set on A&M.
I have researched the website and read here. I think I understand Blinn Team but I can’t find out much about the Galveston option. Can anyone link me to that or explain it for me? TIA!
You all are so helpful!

No it doesn’t. He emailed admissions before. The application and SRAR needs to be in for sure. Since the SAT is optional, it’s not under the deadline and they will look at it, provided they haven’t already rendered judgement. That being said, we are still waiting on word.

@Momof0ne , I am so sorry to hear about your daughter’s best friend! That is so tragic. No wonder she isn’t on her regular game. I’m sure she needs time to process and yet a little nudge to get back with it as you are doing for her. Perhaps it is a good season of reflecting on priorities and what really matters in life. In another year, all this college admissions stuff will be a blip on the map and she will be swimming like a champ wherever she is supposed to be in college.

3 Likes