TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

HI @learningfromall Galveston is full admit to Texas A&M EXCEPT they will live and take classes at the galveston campus their freshman year. They, along with every cstat student, blinn academy student and other academy students elsewhere, will go through the ETAM process. Then the galveston student will move up to Cstat for Sophomore year. This is it in a nut shell.

Hope that helps.

Any idea how many aspiring engineering majors start with each route? Full CSTAT, Blinn Academy and Galveston?

Are engineering majors disproportionately PSA’d or is that fairly evenly spread out across all majors?

That does!! Thank you!! One more question- is one option better than the other? Meaning, Blinn vs Galveston?

It depends on the student whether they want to be up here in Aggieland their first year (they also take classes at TAMU) or if they want to be full time in Galveston. I don’t think one is looked upon more favorably than the other. It’s sheer preference. In fact, either last year or the past 2 years, some students were given the option of either galv. or blinn academy. Some are just offered academy. One big difference is if you are at Galveston and decide not to do engineering, then you just apply for change of major to a major offered on cstat main campus and if you meet the requirements, then you move up here, no transfer etc. If go Academy and change majors, then it’s a transfer application.

@tristatecoog I’m not sure what the percentages are. There are also other campuses (junior colleges) that participate in the engineering academy program. You apply to those separately. There’s a list on the Eng.website.

1 Like

Thank you @ChillyCow, I really appreciate your kind words.

1 Like

So those who initially were team admits got automatically sent to full admission in the months later on? Are they notified or have to keep checking? Just curious for planning purposes as I was under the impression that once a decision is made for team or other programs that it was basically finalized and that there wouldn’t be last minute changes near the deadline to register for NSCs.

It was very rare and I don’t know how mang received the option. If you look on the class of 2024 thread, you’ll see it there in the months or March and possibly April. Last year was the only time I’ve ever seen it in 5 years. And I believe they received an email.

Does anyone know if we need to let A&M know if we dropped a course in HS this semester or will they just see that on the final transcript later?

They are on a need to know basis. Unless it stops you from graduating, it’s not relevant at this time.

1 Like

Does anyone anyone know if 10.4% is still considered top 10%? My dd is a junior and will be apply this summer. She is 4 spots in and it will potentially make a difference.

I believe any percentage points over 10.0% are not considered top 10%. I have a friend whose son was 6.4% and did not get auto admit to UT. He’s at TAMU now lol.

Hey guys, do you know if A&M’s College of Education and Health development is competitive (hard to get in) ? Is it a popular college ?

As a freshman, you are admitted to university first. Everyone is under the same review process for that part. For most majors, after they accept you they will see if your first choice major is still available. So it depends on when you are accepted. Only engineering and a very select few other majors have a separate review process. Education is not one of them. So no, it’s not competitive, but Tamu is.

To the top 10.4 question, it is not auto admit but you have til end of spring semester to get there. With that being said, most likely that high of a rank will get you in.

2 Likes

Thank you for quick response. Our High school is non ranking except top 10. She ended this semester 4 spots in. Fingers crossed she maintains her spot.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard of anyone who’s applied to Blinn separately from the A&M process and then transferred into engineering successfully?

Obviously if my son gets admitted or Team he is in, but any lower than that, should we consider applying to Blinn directly? I think with a PSA offer, he would definitely need to consider over avenues or universities. We have just been made aware of the Engineering Academies, but that seems like a separate application process.

I don’t know why people think PSA or Blinn Team is bad. They are great options to get into the major of your choice. The only thing I don’t care for is getting PSA’ed or Blinn Team out of your major. That would be the only reason my kid would opt to not choose those options. And well, that is a real possibility considering that the College of Ag doesn’t offer Blinn Team or PSA to Animal Science majors

1 Like

PSA was absolutely wonderful for my sophomore Aggie Engineer! He loved his year at Tarleton. I’m actually really hoping my current HS senior gets some kind of alternative pathway. He’s a top 12% kiddo still waiting on his acceptance who has planned on electrical engineering at A&M since 6th grade. With the new ETAM guarantee of major gpa set at 3.75 and the PSA guarantee at 3.25, it’s looking real nice and a lot less stressful. :grimacing:

@trinley @FriscoParent

Below is a discussion from Feb 2020

1 Like

Hi - I was wondering what is the acceptance rate for Engineering for OOS students ? I know UT-Austin is very selective, but my D is interested in TAMU as well and we are looking to move to Texas next year. Her GPA is 3.8/4.2 and SAT is 1500. Very good EC and recommendations.

1 Like

So glad PSA went well for your sophomore. I am confused by your statement about different GPA requirements for PSA at 3.25 vs. ETAM 3.75. It is my understanding ALL ETAM requirements are 3.75. And I know not all engineering majors participate in PSA so maybe that’s the disconnect for me. Please let me know… I’m truly interested in PSA for Engineering info. Here are the Engineering options for PSA.

https://admissions.tamu.edu/psa

I did see that 83% of eligible engineering students (meaning they completed the required courses) received their 1st choice major. And 91% got either 1st or 2nd choice major. So while it seems daunting, the odds are definitely in your favor.