TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Blinn Brenham is a great Academy. From what I understand, you live on Brenhma campus in LLC and take all the classes as a cohort. You all have the same goal and form a pretty good bond. Athletics there are pretty solid for a junior college PLUS you are less than an hour away from Cstat campus. Last I heard, you can get tamu football tix as a student and participate in fish camp. You do have to apply separately to Blinn Brenham and it’s limited slots. It’s only one year out of their life and it’s a great transition year. Not to mention you have the same exact chance of getting your first choice major as does someone on cstat campus.

True, not all engineering majors are available PSA. My older son is currently Computer Engineering when he’d rather be in Computer Science. PSA students do not go through the ETAM process. As long as they meet the PSA requirements they are admitted directly into the major at TAMU that they chose for PSA at the system school. PSA gpa requirements do vary slightly based on the major they choose. https://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/media/Main/pdfs-psa/Computer-Engineering-(Electrical-Track)2021.pdf

1 Like

That is so cool and what a great route If the discipline you want is offered. Thanks for the info!!!

Just curious…when decisions are release, is there a specific time of day that it takes place?

i submitted my app quite a while ago (id say around october/november) and I still haven’t heard back. should i email/call them or just wait? how long should i be waiting? and is anyone else in the same boat?

I submitted mine in early October as well and mine is still in review. I think it is based on your major maybe? I would probably just wait.

1 Like

I applied in early October and I’m still waiting

2 Likes

My son’s application was completed and in review mid October and we’re still waiting as well

1 Like

I applied a few days before the Engineering priority deadline which was October 15th. I was admitted to Engineering around three weeks later.

My son applied to engineering Sept 15th and he’s still in review… top 12%, all advanced AP classes including Calculus BC, 4 years b-ball, NHS, MAT, 60+ volunteer hrs, working. SAT isn’t high but respectable at 1300 in his junior year. I’m not sure what’s the hold up. He’s seen friends with lower stats accepted

1 Like

Your howdy portal will update in the early morning like between 6/7:30. The first indication are your tabs going from 3 at the top to 6. Then Ais updates sometime after that. We’ve seen it during the same day to as late as a week.

January for everyone is a huge decision receiving month. Try to be patient, this is totally normal for Tamu.

1 Like

@Ildad2 Not sure what the acceptance rate for Engineering is for OOS students, but I will give you some statistics that I found on the TAMU website. These numbers are as of the Fall of 2020 and pertain only to College Station.

Total student enrollment: 64,558
Total full-time undergrad enrollment: 47,153
Total full-time undergrad engineering: 14,102
792 of the 14,102 are out-of-state
242 of the 792 are listed as “First Time in College”

So there were 242 OOS Freshman attending College Station in the College of Engineering for the Fall of 2020. While this doesn’t answer your question on acceptance rates for OOS applicants, the numbers show that there aren’t a lot of OOS students attending College Station. The only conclusions I can draw are that there either aren’t a lot of OOS applicants, or that the acceptance rate is low due to the fact that Texas residents get the added bonus of admittance if they are in the top 10% of their class. My D21 is an OOS applicant and was accepted to engineering this year. When we looked at the actual number of OOS students at TAMU we realized she was incredibly lucky to get an acceptance. I think that Texas has so many high achieving students in high school that get auto admitted, leaving fewer spots for OOS applicants. While acceptance to TAMU for OOS students is a hard nut to crack, it is still definitely doable. Any thoughts from the group?

1 Like

I believe they have already released some business honors. My daughter got hers in the mail 2 weeks after she applied (Nov 10th). Very blessed! Good luck to you all!

Congratulations to her! Do you mind giving her stats? My son is still waiting to hear. I fear that he is seriously considering going elsewhere if he does not get into Business Honors at TAMU. He is frustrated that his stats are “above the curve” but will probably not get in at this point.

Thanks for your extremely informative post @Lobo114 – my S21 is OOS too, and feeling similarly fortunate to have an early acceptance in engineering at A&M. And we did a tour last Jan. of the Zachry Engineering Education Complex which is simply fabulous. Waiting like many to see if any additional financial package (coming in late Jan. according to other posters?) will make it doable. Getting the $4K to make the scholarship threshold for in-state tuition would make it a top 2 option for him. Otherwise, it’s just not competitive with the acceptances and financials already in hand at other schools. Best of luck to your D21!

Applied early October(not auto-admit) to Mays first and Sports Management second so whatever health department etc. anyways, obviously knowing Mays is full at this point is there and benefit to changing to another major since Mays likely isn’t an option. Also does anyone have experience applying to Mays after freshmen year, I believe it’s 3.5+ avg gpa. I have been accepted to Baylor thus making me not consider Blinn team. Though this waiting time is making me reconsider how badly I want to be an Aggie lol. Stay safe y’all

@21Cziegler my son went Econ then applied to change major to Mays after completing the 30 Tamu hours And the required courses. A 3.5 is a requirement to apply to change. It is highly competitive. They accept 100 total change of majors per year. That’s not many. My son had a 3.8 and all As and 1 B in the required courses. It’s totally doable but just wanted to be clear on required vs admitted. I’ve seen some with 3.75 not get in as a change of major. The application is bland. There’s no way to embellish with extra curriculars or even an essay. It’s all about grades and credits. We were surprised.

And at this moment, there’s no reason to change major in the application process. You’ll be admitted to Tamu first then slid into 2nd choice. AND it’s always possible Mays may have spots open for some reason. Who knows.

pros and cons of living in white creek apartments for a freshman business student? My son just threw it out there. I would prefer he be in a dorm, on campus to meet more people.

@coltcali white creek is on campus and is a dorm but apartment style. It’s on the same side as mays school and west campus library. It’s a great location and has its own mini MSC with food court! My son lived there freshman year and loved it. Buses are easy to catch to cross to the other side and or ride bike. Parking is great too. Right there at the complex.

My son did 4 bedroom 2 bath. As you can tell, I’m a fan lol. Oh and they don’t have to move anything out at the winter break. And they get to move in earlier than dorms. Lots of pros. Only con is it’s west campus vs north side or south side. That’s it and that’s not really a con. Once the kids are about their day, it doesn’t matter where they sleep because they typically stay out for the day. Anywho. My thoughts. Happy to answer any specific questions via messenger if you have them.

1 Like

My youngest daughter applied for RPTS in late October. She isn’t top 10%, so not automatic and anxiously waiting. She applied and has been accepted at Galveston with Maritime Administration. I’m wondering if we should go ahead and sign up for NSC and housing in Galveston or wait for her decision for the main campus. Would that affect her chance of admission to the main campus?