TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

They say it’s totally separate. I can’t be sure of that tho. There’s so much time I feel with Galveston that If it were me, I’d wait. But they’re just me and my suspicious mind.

I think you’re right. She really wants to be in College Station, especially since her sister is there. I’m just not sure of her chances. Hopefully, we will hear something soon!

1 Like

@AggieMomhelp During winter break, do the White Creek Apts close (ie no one can be there) like the on-campus dorms? Thanks!

They do not shut down. My son stayed there except for Christmas Eve and day.

1 Like

So I have a question…As an auto admit awaiting my engineering review I was looking at the engineering review information sheet. Basically it read that after review “You will be offered one of the following enrollment options:
• General Engineering at Texas A&M University-College Station
• General Engineering at Texas A&M University, Galveston campus
• General Engineering at Texas A&M University, McAllen Higher Education Center
• General Engineering in the Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn program.”

Does that mean you will be admitted if in review regardless but it could be any of those programs or is the statement a little misleading? How difficult is it to get into general engineering as an auto admit at the College Station campus?

Just trying to figure out my odds as I wait.

I applied in August and my application is still in review

2 Likes

@chipchiptx The spreadsheet below may give you a partial picture in regards to applications to CS engineering and then who was admitted/enrolled to CS engineering or Galveston engineering. In this spreadsheet I dont know if the admitted numbers to CS include the engineering academy in Bryan or not. The original document has tons of stats and data (sometimes called the common data set). You could search for other info on the engineering academy at Bryan and McAllen. Google may get you there!

http://accountability.tamu.edu/All-Metrics/Mixed-Metrics/Applied,-Admitted,-Enrolled

Was the engineering review information sheet send directly to you or did you see it on a web page? If the former, sounds like you will definitely be offered one of those options. Congratulations!

1 Like

Thank you for the stats. They seem very promising!

Many thanks @Lobo114. So I looked through the metrics from the link posted by @Eggscapgoats and it seems that the admit rate for Illinois is still about 60% overall for the university (not just CoE), albeit the number of students that apply is really low. This gives me some hope that OOS is not that of a bad chance.

It’s interesting that the CoE yield is higher for top 10% applicants (49.8%) vs. those not in the top 10% (41.5%). Maybe the acceptances for those not in the top 10% include a lot more academy and Galveston options?

Drilling down further, it’s white students driving the disparity. White students in top 10% yield 61% while those not in the top 10% yield 45%. Meanwhile, Asian students yield 30% for both those in the top 10% and those not in the top 10%.

@tristatecoog Its more helpful to look at admittances yield, instead of enrolled yield, since lots of top 10% get admitted but go elsewhere. So, for fall 2020, 100% of top 10% were admitted, but only 49.8% enrolled. Hard to say if they were all admitted to engineering or some other major. And 60.8% of non top 10% were admitted to engineering, but I am not sure if this is only full CS or includes TEAB.

Its about as clear as mud when you start wondering about Galveston, TEAB…

Filtered on:
First time at level, undergrad, college of engineering and CSTAT.

All of the 3,799 top 10% applicants were accepted. The yield (or enrolling figure) of these was 48.4%.
62.2% of the 8,680 not in the top 10% were accepted. 36.6% yield.

Yield for White students in engineering is 63% (top 10%) and 50% (non-top 10%); Black is 45% and 34%; Asian is 30% and 32%; Hispanic is 52% and 48%. Typically, it’s harder to convert the top 10% of applicants who have a lot of options. However, all ethnicities yield at a higher rate in the top 10% than below top 10% except for Asian. I suspect this is driven by non-CSTAT options but am curious to hear other opinions. Not sure why Asian students would yield at 20% lower rates than others.

1 Like

Does anyone what the waitlist options are? I went back to last year’s forum and saw that around this time they gave waitlist options.

You didn’t read far enough. Usually won’t start until next week (3rd week) of January.

1 Like

I applied August 1st for Aerospace Engineering as my first and Mathematics BS as my second choice. I haven’t heard back yet so I’m getting pretty anxious. When do people usually hear back in January? Also, I’m seeing a lot of people with worse stats than me get accepted to non engineering majors, if I were to request a major change right now would it increases my chances? I’m 10.58% with a 5.1/5 gpa weighted with almost all APs and an ok 1290 SAT.

1 Like

What are even the chances of getting accepted this late?

71% of Asian non top 10% engineers are given admittance. That is much higher than the average of 62% for all non top 10% engineers given admittance. Based on these numbers, Asians are definitely given the opportunity to go to Tamu but chose not to. Perhaps they fill out lots of applications and therefore have lots of options so the odds of them going to Tamu are low? I would not know personally…

1 Like

How competitive is kinesiology and should I be worried that I haven’t heard back yet.

1 Like

You don’t get accepted to a major. If it’s still open when you are accepted into Tamu, then they will put you in it. Otherwise you’ll go to 2nd major.

If you don’t get accepted, they may offer you blinn team or psa depending in major.

Without knowing your stats, I can’t say if you should be worried yet. Most review admits have not heard yet, if that helps.

Keep us posted and feel free to share stats if you want someone to chance you.

1 Like

Good question from myoung0809! My daughter is in the same boat/same major and we have not heard back yet either. My daughter is also a review admit. Went test optional; top quarter; 95.4% unweighted GPA; tons of leadership and philanthropy hours.