TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@atx888 how long did it take for the denial? We are still in review and really don’t want to wait forever for a decision. We have offers at other great colleges but A&M is first choice. Also, how did they communicate the denial?

In the thread, its mentioned multiple times. Usually they don’t start coming out until feb/march timeframe.

Lots of folks, my daughter included, are waiting. She’s gotten into the 5 of the 7 schools that she’s applied to with lots of money attached. We just have to wait for A&M and Texas. I would assume there are thousands of us in that same boat.

If history repeats itself, then next week will show us a new wave of acceptances until the PSA offers come out. We just have to wait.

TO BE CLEAR, IT SUCKS! But it is what it is.

4 Likes

It is in app complete and in review. Recommendations were option for the major I selected.

Thank you for the response.

1 Like

Yes, I hope there is a wave coming in the next couple of weeks. Mine is not interested in PSA and said so on the application. So, if she doesn’t get full admit or Blinn Team, she is moving on and that will be hard but will be ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

There will definitely be a wave either this week or next if history over the past 5 cycles repeats itself. PSA is February and into March.

I would expect more full admits and Blinn Team offers to come out by end of month. Engineering options should be sooner than that.

Flat out denials will be on your AIS just like any other notification. Once the change of major button is removed, you’ll know you either have PSA or denial.

1 Like

Ahhh, ok. Hoping for the best but now we know what to look for if denied!

that is a general message for everyone

If on the application we marked “Not sure at this time” for PSA or Blinn Team, how would that impact our admission decision?

I checked the manage application tab in Howdy, and the major changed from UNEN(engineering review) to ENGE, however my AIS still says I’m still in review. Is this a sign I’ve been accepted into the college of engineering.

2 Likes

I checked mine and it reads as follows:

Texas A&M University - Fall 2021

Application Status: WHOOP! You have been ADMITTED Level : UndergraduateMajor: ENGE Program: BAC-ENGE-AELocation: College Station

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

11 Likes

Mine says CENC

1 Like

I’m business and mine says BUAD…anyone know what this means

It means Business Administration. It is what all students start the business program in. I believe they declare their actual business major (marketing, accounting, finance…) at the end of their sophomore year. (It may be sooner, I am not sure exactly when it happens)

Thank you for your response. I have heard Mays is full and haven’t gotten in, so do you have any idea what this means?

1 Like

I am not sure. What screen are you seeing it on? Is this different from what you were seeing before? Has your AIS switched to 6 tabs?
I have heard Mays was full back in November, but I know AggieMomHelp told someone recently not to change it from their first choice major because you never know if things will change.

1 Like

This is in the howdy portal and under the manage application sections. I do not have 6 tabs.

Buad is general business. Mays is full but again you never know. When you see AIS change to your 2nd choice major you’ll know you’ve been accepted. If it stays business on ais then you’re still being looked at for admission to Tamu (never to Mays).

If you get 6 tabs, first jump up and down. Then go under manage application to see if buad is still showing. Your ais will follow with the whoop you’ve been admitted banner.

If it says team then you’ll be offered team and probably under business. Great program.

Awesome! Thank you so much for your help

Awesome. Congratulations. When did u check.