TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@ChillyCow My sons showed up on Saturday morning. There is not an option to accept admission, register for NSC or housing, yet. At least not that I can find.

@twintoAM I have been checking SEVERAL times a day. It was still 3 tabs Friday late at night. I checked on Saturday at around 8:30 AM and there were 6 tabs.

Son also has the 6 tabs on the portal. He is auto admit.

Actually, the second week of September is right on schedule for auto and (former) academic admits. I think 2018 (class of 2023) was September 10th.

The last time I checked it was late Friday. I don’t think I checked it Saturday and just randomly checked it after 8pm on Sunday. I think I was wrong on the date we had everything uploaded due the school taking over a week to get us her official HS transcript. So I think hers was done 8/16, not 8/12.

Starting on Saturday, every time my daughter logs on to Howdy, it keeps saying that she has a Howdy Notification but there is nothing there. She just clicks on the X and it closes until the next time she logs in. Any ideas why this keeps happening?

@WISH85 My son has having the same issue.

@WISH85 and @tmclanton Same here with the notification but nothing there.

@tmclanton and @Aguadecoco Thanks! Just wanted to make sure she wasn’t missing something. One of her friends said that she was getting that but once she got the 6 tabs she hasn’t had the problem anymore.

My son gets the same notification too. @WISH85 , interesting on your daughter’s friend and the 6 tabs/absence of the notification thingie! Thanks for sharing!

My Son has the six tabs and still has the issue.

@Aguadecoco , well, oh well. :slight_smile: I forget, is your son auto admit? What is his major again?

@ChillyCow Yes, he is auto admit and he applied for Environmental Science.

I wonder how many are getting the “notification” pop up & of those receiving it, how many are auto Vs review (or former academic admits.)
My daughter would’ve in past years been considered academic as no ranking but gpa 3.95 and 19 dual credit hours 4.0.
She has the pop up “notification” as well.
Just curious.

My daughter is getting the same notification pop-up. She is a review admit from OOS so I am guessing that it really means nothing as we have been told numerous times not to expect an admission decision until January-March time frame. Which I might add, is absolute torture for her.

My son is also getting the Howdy notification pop-up and he is a review candidate.

My son is getting the empty pop up on Howdy and has 6 tabs. ?? Hoping for good new soon! When do they usually notify you in Howdy? Is it a certain day of the week?

After admission, what is the next step to get in line for housing/dorm?

When apply - August 1
Class Rank: 19/560, so 3-4%
SAT - taken 8/29
ACT - taking 9/12
Auto Admit - should be
Received Decision- not yet
Major/College of Choice: Science/Math, Statistics major 1st choice

If he has the six tabs then he is admitted. I would think formal notifications would go out soon. I believe next step is the housing app. I think once you accept you set up A first year conference of some sort. Good luck!

My son is automatic admit for Mays and has the notification box. I kept thinking maybe I was just unable to scroll down. They still have not released the NSC dates yet (at least of the NSC website). I am assuming we will not get acceptance until they have those dates set since that is how we accept.

Actually going to the NSC is really the acceptance. They will assume you accept when you register, but it’s not binding. I don’t think acceptances will be on hold for dates to be released. I feel that at this time, they don’t know if it’ll be virtual or in person and thus don’t have dates out there. Just a theory.

Any other review admits seeing the empty pop up on Howdy? We’re been seeing it for a few days-- still only 3 tabs, though.