TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Oh girl, you and your son are not alone. I know it’s frustrating but the process really does work. Every application is reviewed at least twice before a decision is made. (For engineering and a couple of other majors it’s more).

Tamu has a great freshman retention rate and I believe it’s due to meeting the kids where they’re at. So many algorithms and human review.

I wish they could do certain days of decisions. Not sure why they don’t (like announce days). But it’s never been like that and once we hit mid January, parents and students get frustrated, worried and anxious. If it helps, go back and read through the 2024 forum. You’ll see the lows followed by highs. And a year later, everyone is where they are supposed to be or headed that way!

Hang in there!!!

7 Likes

Aggiemomhelp-My son applied on October 26. Is it possible that there have been engineering students that have received a decision and applied after our date? P

Also her school does not rank. TAMU shows 1st qtr

Gah…I know you’re right! Here’s to hopefully receiving good news this week :crossed_fingers:t4:

4 Likes

Thanks for the help! Just to confirm Academy includes Blinn correct? I think the only option I would take besides full is blinn because I would basically still be a College station student.

1 Like

Did you happen to get an update in AIS yet? We are still waiting!

not yet

Yes. Definitely possible students applying late may get decision before those that applied early. Really just depends on what the reviewers see in an app. Hang in there.

Yea, academy option from Tamu would be Blin. There are other academies, but Tamu only offers blinn Bryan at this time (or rellis in Bryan).

1 Like

My childs AIS changed this morning. It says "The admission limits on the College Station campus have been reached and a limited number of additional offers of full admission may be made going forward; however, your achievements qualify you for consideration for the options below.

Waitlist and TEAM
TEAM only
Waitlist only

I believe that we will choose TEAM only. I think there is a better chance??? Any suggestions? It says that we have until April 1st to make a selection. If we don’t choose either, we will be put in PSA automatically.
Once we make this selection, any idea how much longer for a decision?

We received same message this morning. I am leaning towards just waitlist. What is the best option?

I think it depends on what your child wants. Mine is good with TEAM and I think it fits her better. She is not interested in PSA so if she doesn’t get TEAM, we will move on to the other 2 great colleges that she has been accepted at already.

1 Like

Oooh the options are out. That’s great. There are many right now who would be so happy with it. Last year we did see people go off the waitlist into full admission. I can’t remember time frame.m. There’s definitely a thread somewhere on here for it.

Blinn academy for engineering is just one year. I’d take it. Blinn team is 2 years but most transfer individually before then (no guarantee, just straight transfer).

Sleep on it. So some more research. Best of luck and keep us posted.

@AggieMomhelp - hello, hope you can help me with some idea, and you know a lot about the process at TAMU. I am concerned seeing the latest posts, does this mean no chance for OOS on engineering at College Station any more ? Are they full ?

Hmmm, my child’s AIS didn’t change. I guess she’s getting rejected??

No change on my son’s AIS either, still showing App is complete and in review and Mays as his first choice and Econ as second choice

1 Like

So once the selection is made for TEAM (if that’s what we choose), how long do you think it takes for a decision?

We are still waiting on engineering. No change at all. Trying hard not to get really discouraged.
For those getting accepted the last couple of days, can you please say what major?
Thank you!

2 Likes

My daughter’s major changed on AIS overnight to “General Studies” but no other update on admission. She has 6 tabs and the application says Summer 2021 under review.

She got Gateway! Congrats. Go check out the program on Tamu website. She’ll go second summer session. I would say almost 100% of students successfully complete it and they roll right into freshman year with a leg Up and Tamu credits on their transcript!!!