TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I cannot remember how long it took for those to come out after making selection. I believe for engineering it was pretty quick. But for other majors, last year was the first we had heard of getting an option.

I know people posted on the 2024 thread last year about it. It’s a lot to sift through but start looking in February of you have time.

Do you think there will still be a large batch of full admissions this week? I had in my head admissions first, then Gateway and Blinn options, but it appears some of those are out now. My daughters major/term portal has not changed.

We are really excited about Gateway. Coming from out of state, I think this will be so beneficial. Any idea how long it might take get the official word? And before we get too excited, any change she would have the 6 tabs and then not get admitted? Thank you for all your help!

1 Like

I was super excited seeing all the messages here. No change for us yet and still waiting. Happy for all of u and congratulations

Ok, thanks! What are your thoughts on TEAM? It seems like a good program. Concerned a little about having to coordinate with both schools at the same time. Is it a well oiled machine that works pretty well? If it is her only option of getting into A&M, she will do it if she were to get accepted. But, only if the system works well and doesn’t become a headache.

Is this for all majors? Or Engineering? So those who did not get are in wait list? I am getting really nervous now.

Waitlist and TEAM
TEAM only
Waitlist only

These are the offers that some people have been getting. What does the waitlist option mean? Also if we have not seen these options yet, does that mean we are getting rejected?

My son is applying to Comp Sci (Engineering) and has not heard anything yet. He applied in August and is in the 1st qtr of a very competitive high school. Positive thoughts and prayers!

2 Likes

Y’all it’s still relatively early. Don’t lose hope yet

2 Likes

Congrats to all of the TAMU Class of 2025 Admits. My question is around housing. My daughter is in Phase 3 - which opens in March. She completed her little profile, When will she be able to look at all the other students “matching” profiles, in March? Are there any tips on finding a “compatible” roommate?

1 Like

These were all non engineering majors. Engineering has academy not team. That’s really the best way to keep it straight.

Definitely doesn’t mean you are being denied. Everything that came out yesterday appears to be gateway. Today was the email for options. I just can’t imagine everything is full yet. And I don’t recall for certain if more full admits were given after this option email came out last year.

1 Like

It is a well oiled machine and student love it. Parents do too because it’s slightly cheaper. Your student can still live on campus. Go to games etc. they do anything a full time Aggie does. They just are limited to how many classes a semester they take on main campus vs Blinn campus.

Again, many student start off as TEAM and then hit normal transfer requirements and just apply as a straight transfer a completing the program. There are no guarantees of course, but chances are high they get accepted if all requirements are met for university and intended major.

But I will say… and this goes for EVERY student regardless of where you start… you have to be in charge of you degree plan. Make sure it lines up and you don’t duplicate classes etc. advisors are good but they make mistakes.

1 Like

My AIS made an update this morning and it says term: summer 2021 and major: general studies which I assume is the gateway program. But I am confused on why it still says my app is complete and in review. Will they be sending me a letter through mail that I got into the gateway program or will my AIS account tell me I got into it? Also, if its the case that it will be sent through mail, how long should I expect till it delivers to my house? Thank you!

This is in response to the phase 3 housing question.

Best way to find compatible roomie is to answer the questions accurately and honestly. If you’re a messy person, for instance, don’t put that you’re a near freak just because you hope you turn into one OR don’t want to be judged lol. Same thing with study habits, late nights or early mornings. Once you find some people that are like you, then you’ll see their name and can click on info for profile.

In your own profile, put what your interests are. Example… I love sports and want to be on intramural teams. Or I plan on rushing for Greek life.

And yes, in March is when all that part will take place. Then you’ll get time slot and day for actual selection of room/dorm.

1 Like

@TamuDad15 “Congrats to all of the TAMU Class of 2025 Admits. My question is around housing. My daughter is in Phase 3 - which opens in March. She completed her little profile, When will she be able to look at all the other students “matching” profiles, in March? Are there any tips on finding a “compatible” roommate?”

Its my understanding that in March when the roommate selection phase opens up, students will be given a list of other students that have similar profiles. The students then can message back and forth to discuss other details.

I’ve also heard of students posting on social media and finding roommates, using the proper hashtags or finding the appropriate group on fb.

100% agree. Here’s what we’ve learned with three in and last one entering in the Fall.

Don’t answer based on the type of roommate you want to have as this often backfires. Don’t be ashamed of your answers; you are unique, be unique. Don’t be scared to reach out to the other students. Don’t limit yourself to email or text once you have narrowed down your possible roommate options. Don’t ignore red flags, or your mom’s (wife) gut feelings.

Do answer factually and maybe have your high school friends tell you the truth about your answers. Do express if there is a make-or-break thing in your life (health, religion, etc). Do be proactive in your communication with possible roommates (check out their social media). Do make an effort to at least visually speak often with your short-list of choices (safely meet up if possible, perhaps with family too).

I had one shy child that couldn’t get involved in this entire thing. She ended up pot-luck and it was horrible. It took a year for her to recover. I had one child go through all of this, not find anybody he liked, went pot-luck and loved it. Third child spent hours communicating with many candidates before finding a comfortable match. We visited the family at a midpoint from our homes and the kids are great friends now.

There is no perfect solution, but the more information and communication will allow a better decision making process.

4 Likes

Do y’all think another round of non engineering admissions will go around or was that the last batch? Or are they coming out little by little this week?

Curious if anyone knows what the $$ savings is if we go the Blinn Team route?

Also for people who haven’t heard anything at all like blinn, waitlist and who are non engineering majors, do you think that means we are being rejected next or will there still be another round of admits that is just taking its sweet time?