TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

What does it mean if we have not heard anything?

My son’s updated overnight. Still says Mays 1st, Econ 2nd. He chose waitlist and Team. He will go straight Blinn before PSA.

1 Like

What does it mean if our AIS didn’t change? I’m OOS applying for biology and have no change in AIS or Howdy. Does this mean I am going to be rejected?

Just did some research. Looks like Blinn is around $185/hr for out of district resident (meaning not being a resident of Washington County) and TAMU is around $424/hr. So, could be a decent amount of savings :slight_smile:

My AIS made an update this morning and it says term: summer 2021 and major: general studies which I assume is the gateway program. But I am confused on why it still says my app is complete and in review. Will they be sending me a letter through mail that I got into the gateway program or will my AIS account tell me I got into it? Also, if its the case that it will be sent through mail, how long should I expect till it delivers to my house? Thank you!

1 Like

I’m guessing everyone that’s posting are non-engineering majors, correct?

2 Likes

Correct, my childs major is Meteorology.

2 Likes

Am I a likely candidate for Blinn Team?
3.78 UW 3.83 W
TAMU ranked me in the 2Q
In-state
23 ACT(hopefully they don’t consider”
Played sports all 4 years and have 60 hours of community service
1st Choice Business 2nd Econ
Thanks!

So if app says “complete and in review” non-engineering major they’ve been rejected?

Noooo no one is saying that. If your major participates in Team then you could have gotten that email. If it doesn’t, then you won’t get that option.

It’s truly not over til decisions are handed out. Try not to look too hard on this last round that was a gateway round. We haven’t had a January wave of full admits yet (non engineering). There’s still hope people.

6 Likes

Does Mays offer Blinn Team?

What do you mean “if your major participates in Team?”

You mention that there hasn’t been a wave of full admits in January yet, meaning a wave might still be coming. But if we got the notification today re: Team, Waitlist or Both, does that mean we are no longer in consideration for full admission? I’m wondering why this notification would be sent out if there is still room for full admission students. I would think today’s notification would only go out after all the spots have been filled. Specifically wondering about Liberal Arts college. Thank you in advance!

Yes, it does

Not all majors have a Blinn TEAM pathway

I guess I am confused as to why Blinn Team Waitlist was offered to my child because I don’t see that Meteorology (which is her 1st major choice) has a pathway for Blinn Team? Her 2nd choice major is business. Could it be for business? Sorry, just trying to understand all of this.

I wish I knew, nothing about this process is making any sense to me lol.

Meteorology is on there. Here’s a link.

https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM

It lists participating majors and requirements to get guaranteed admission to Tamu.

Hope this helps.

As far as why some are getting it and others don’t, we really won’t know until we see if another wave comes out.

Very interesting. It takes a minimum of 2.5 GPA to gain admission into Ag Econ, 3.0 for Statistics and 3.8 for business.

Ok, thanks. Obviously I was looking at the wrong thing :slight_smile:

1 Like