TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Isn’t that crazy? Requirements definitely vary by major. Same thing once you’re at Tamu. Change of majors have requirements as well. Most are easily achievable. Main thing is to get the maths out of the way! Every major has that requirement in order to change or for team or transfer.

We just received and admission letter to TAMU and my son has been accepted into the college of engineering. Are merit scholarships awarded automatically? I did not know if that information would be provided in the acceptance letter or if there was a possibility that it would be awarded later on? Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Thank you! I found the Mays Team form. 3.8 yikes!

1 Like

Not that surprising though…Mays is super desirable and there are only so many spots so they can set the GPA requirements high and still have more than enough applicants.

Did you get a physical letter of email ? WHen was your portal changed with 6 tabs etc

1 Like

Congrats! Did you check on the portal? Can you please share stats so we can get a general idea/insight? Thx

True, I knew a guy with a 3.9 GPA at Blinn who was discouraged about his chances so he transferred to OU. It was just a bit surprising to see it as an official requirement from TEAM.

OOS
GPA: UW 4.0 W 4.7
AP Classes: All 5’s Physics I, Physics 2, English Lang, Calc AB
SAT: 1550 Math Subject II test - 800
National Merit Semi-Finalist

Varsity Tennis and Mathnasium Tutor

How long after submitting their Engineering Honors application did it take for your student to hear back?

What are the specific classes one take at the gateway program?

Look at www.tap.tamu.edu

Click on gateway. Tons of info.

They take 2 core classes (like science or math etc) and then 2 one hour courses that are intended to help them acclimate to college and Tamu.

They only need a 2.0 and no failing grades to complete this requirement. The one hour credit classes are graded but don’t factor into gpa or hours.

Hi Everyone! This is my first post and to be honest, I’ve just been reading through the thread since the middle of December. Alright so I have read that some applicants have received the email for options supposedly because A&M is at applicant/admission capacity, I don’t know maybe I misread what was posted earlier. However I am still waiting for a decision and it currently says on both AIS and HOWDY that I am “Under Review”. I still have my first and second choice majors, both liberal arts majors (International Studies and Political Science) - respectively. What are my chances of getting either a favorable or less favorable decision soon, if I did not get the above contact with the options should I be concerned about my chances of either receiving a pathway or full admission? Both are Liberal Arts Majors and I applied mid-october test-optional and the wait is simply getting a bit extreme but I understand the process. If someone can explain or give me any of idea of what is and is set to happen I’d appreciate it, Thanks!

@ftx2125 have you checked the tabs on howdy? Do you have 3 or 6? The status will change after you get tabs.

That’s the first sign of either full admit or team.

Totally on a different note.

But I just realized we haven’t seen any engineering majors get offered Galveston or McAllen or academy yet.

I currently still have 3 tabs, and everything is still the same that I am currently under review

1 Like

If you meant Brown Scholar, yes that is automatic. There is another thread in CC you can check it out.

Hi I am a senior who applied in early october for Mays. I got the notification today regarding choosing blinn team, waitlist, or both. I chose both but was wondering if anyone knows what are the chances of getting in through waitlist, or if you think they are still accepting more even though they said that admissions was full. I have a 1250 SAT score and a 6.3/6.5 GPA with a lot of dedicated extracurriculars and have taken many business related courses and am in a few business clubs as well. I was just wondering if anyone knew my chances of getting full admission through regular or waitlist at this point, or if this new notification means blinn is the next best option.

Omg, I was given a decision today to either be waitlisted or choose a team. I am not sure what to do. I know I can put both, but I never considered a teams before. Should I put both ? And is there anything I can do to improve my chances of getting full admit.

Mays has been full since October I believe. Maybe November. If there are any spots left, I would be surprised. Team is a great option if you want to solidify mays.

1 Like

So, is it too late to change majors if we received the Blinn Team waitlist email today?

I just wanted to put a glimmer of hope out for those that are Waitlisted. My daughter was waitlisted last year for Class of 2024. Her stats: GPA 4.0, Top 18%, SAT 1290, ACT was 26 - she did get a 33 on English and 27 Math. She applied for Chemistry. She Waitlisted for both Blinn Team and for Full Admit on the advice of the admissions counselor. She found out in Mid April that she got full admit to TAMU. Once she was admitted, she changed her major to Allied Health and it was changed in 24 hours. The wait was soooo long and it put her behind on housing. But, she applied for housing and ended up in Legett in the “Cave”. She has a room to herself. She wanted a roommate but she ended up in a single. Admissions told her waitlisted would be the last ones to hear anything as they are waiting for everyone else to determine their final decisions - such as not going to A&M, accepting Blinn or other offers. I highly encourage keeping in contact with the admissions counselor. They were wonderful and full of advice and told her not to give up hope. They said, we will get you into A&M one way or another.

7 Likes