TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Thank you for sharing your daughters story. A&M is my dream school and I was giving up hope.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for that intel. Glad it worked out for your daughter.

Hey guys! Is it bad if I am still in review for my major (neuroscience) I keep seeing people who are getting waitlisted but my AIS still says that I am in review and it’s honestly making me so scared. I applied oct 15

I had the same question, but apparently, it is not bad. I think only the majors that have been filled have gotten waitlisted.

1 Like

Thanks! That makes a lot more sense

This is a rolling admissions and I am unaware of anyone being admitted as of yet to Engineering Honors. My youngest was accepted into Engineering back in October but has not had any update for Honors.

One of my kids heard back mid-February but that was six years ago. Another one of my kids heard back the very last day of January four years ago. I double checked with both to be sure I was correct on the timeline. My third kid picked University Honors over Engineering Honors (not my recommendation but it worked out in the end).

Also, it appears they have extended the deadline to apply in comparison to past years (Covid reasons I assume). Kids may apply all the way up until May 1, 2021. But if you want in the ECOS (housing) you must submit application by March 1, 2021.

1 Like

A friends kid got Engineering Honors last year. He’s not in honors housing but got a top pick. Is the primary benefit having early registration? Are there also some honors engineering classes with smaller enrollment?

1 Like

May I ask where you saw this information exactly?

Thanks, I thought I had seen earlier posts indicating that some had already been accepted. Looking back, it seems I was mistaken. My D21 did not submit her eng honors application until early January, despite having received an offer of admission in early November. Just wanted to make sure she didn’t miss the boat. Sounds like she’s ok :+1:t2:

For my D21 it’s just part of the whole package. At a school as large as TAMU, she’ll do better socially if she’s part of a much smaller group.

University Honors you must live in dorms provided. Engineering Honors you do not. Based on your acceptance date is when you are placed in the cue for other housing (which I assume is what you meant by “top pick” for other housing).

Several benefits of Engineering Honors would be early registration (and YES this is BIG in my opinion), smaller enrollment classes, research opportunities, networking through seminars, honors advisors, and “track” specific classes/requirements (i.e. each department offers/requires its own courses).

My kids found that the honors classes we’re the most enjoyable. Honors is not for everybody. And I don’t mean simply because a kid was not accepted into Honors. The majority of students will be absolutely fine without the extra workload or possible pressure to meet the requirements. There are kids in Honors that should not be and there are kids not in Honors that should be. Ask yourself if you have the drive and desire to challenge yourself beyond the curriculum available. And do not feel guilty if your answer is no, be happy that you recognize who you are as a person and you will have a much better experience.

1 Like

The people who have received gateway (Congratulations!), can you tell me if you guys have received an acceptance letter yet through mail or AIS?

@maricier My daughter was in a Engineering Honors Q&A session mid last week. She told me that they just started reviewing the applications and it will take 2 to 4 weeks for the admissions to start rolling out. So, I am thinking kids should start hearing in a week or so. Good luck to your D.

3 Likes

Good to know, thanks! My D missed the Q&A, I’ll have her try to find it online if it was recorded.

1 Like

I am not sure if they recorded it, but I am confident that they have a couple more sessions coming up. I think there is one later this month. My daughter registered for the session after receiving an email invite around mid Dec. You should be able to contact the engineering honors staff and get info about the upcoming sessions.

1 Like

@mlorenzo my daughter received Gateway but the only reason we know is all the changes in AIS. Her banner across the top still reads “In Review”
She did receive a letter under my communications tab from 4am Jan 18th but it was the exact same letter as the Application acknowledgment letter. I was thinking that was an error but nothing new this morning or a different email.
Have you recieved any communications in your AIS under the communications tab?

Not yet, anxiously awaiting!

It took 48 hours for my son’s letter to show up and the “in Review” to change to “Admitted” back in November. The packet (banner) arrived at our house about two weeks later!

2 Likes

Congratulations. Did u get an email or physical letter? When did the portal change in howdy and AIS? Thanks.

My daughter is thinking about changing her major from Meteorology to Economics. She was put on the waitlist yesterday for Blinn Team. She spoke with admissions this morning and they said that yes she can still change her major and her status will stay as waitlist for Blinn Team. My question is, should she change at this point or just wait until she gets in (if she gets accepted) and change then? We are afraid if she changes now, that it will put her at the bottom to be review for Blinn Team. Any suggestions?