TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

It only shows Home, Applicant, My Record, My Howdy, My Finances, Student Life.

Thanks so much. My sons AIS status is still Under Review but his Howdy page now has 6 tabs and his major says General Engineering now. That changed sometime between yesterday afternoon and now. I did call the admissions office and they said it didn’t mean anything but to keep refreshing the AIS page. He is a twin and his twin received the Waitlist/TEAMS email yesterday. Appreciate your explaining this.

2 Likes

Those are the 6 tabs !! Congrats (if the theory is right)

Yes

Those 6 tabs have already been there for long time. Degree still shows " Engineering Review"

Are you auto-admit ?

Yes

OK - that explains it. So, yours is still under review. When that changes to General Eng, may be that will be the indication that you are accepted at the engineering college. Bunch of us here are not auto admit, we are OOS. So we only had 3 tabs and some of us are seeing 6 this morning.

1 Like

Eggscapgoats, if you’re overwhelmed with holistic review applications, you don’t extend the deadline and ask for more applications to be reviewed. Unless you’re hoping to get some more auto-admits that let you reduce the number of holistic slots you have to fill. And what, they didn’t know in December when they said they were pushing everyone off until January how many applications they had to review? Sorry but this is a mess from start to finish.

While I’m hoping my kid chooses to wait, I’m doubtful especially if they decide to go through and wait until mid-February or later to make decisions. If you can’t make the deadlines you yourself set, don’t be surprised if people bail on you.

@Ildad2 and @bp2021 When you go to the applicant.tamu.edu website, it will be the "4) tab, says “Howdy” (right next to 3) AIS). When you get onto the Howdy portal, at the top there will either be 3 tabs or 6. If 6 Tabs, that is the indicator that he/she has been accepted.

1 Like

FWIW…for the last two years, there were eng apps that were submitted before Oct 15 but still waiting after the New Year and beyond. I kinda think admissions really wants all the engineering applications to be submitted ASAP so they mention Oct 15 as early action. You are right though, it is misleading and frustrating

Do you mind sharing stats?

DS got accepted this afternoon. OOS. She applied RD. Engineering major. 3.9 UW GPA, Top 10% of class (her boarding school does not rank), National Merit Semi Finalist, 1600 SAT, 35 ACT, 6 AP’s.

2 Likes

Congrats to her. Can you please share her stats?

I’m shocked they got in with those stats lol. Wow, very impressive. I haven’t seen a 1600 on here in many years!

Congrats!!!

2 Likes

I applied engineering regular decision but my howdy is still 3 tabs and I have change of major button, is it just because I applied late or should I chalk up tamu and start looking into other schools?

if it helps figure out my chances I was 2nd quarter of my class (gpa fell off kinda hard when I moved to texas after freshman year) with 3.5 uw 3.95 w but high course rigor and 1510 sat, also have a cisco certification in IT and one of my ec’s was a business I started junior year building computers for other people

Took AP Calc BC junior year and currently taking Multivariable Calc
Also took AP Physics, Chem, Computer Science, World History, and Gov

1 Like

also should mention like an idiot, I checked no for the box regarding engineering academies without completely understanding the programs, wasn’t aware that it was a transition to main campus eventually

So how long does it take for AIS to show the real deal after the Howdy 6 tab ? Ours still says In Review - 6 tabs and change to General Eng (CSTAT) showed up yesterday morning

It takes 2 to 3 days for it to change on AIS typically.

1 Like

@DTxAggie I completely agree. My daughter applied to A&M in first week of September with a few other universities and for most others like UH and UTD received her decision on Nov 2 that she was accepted in engineering.

She applied to a few more universities to meet Nov 1 application deadline and received her acceptance to Purdue engineering on 15th Jan as it states on the university website. Similarly she received her responses from CSM and Tulane in late Dec early Jan also.

All these are elite school and are all doing holistic review and were still able to respond on time or at-least met their own commitment to the applicants.

What is so strange is in state Texas applicants are stuck with good universities like UT and A&M that will not respond at all to their applications and has them hanging for months and then kids are getting yield protected from oos universities like CSM as they think kids are too good and will not join then so why should they offer acceptance only to be declined and spoil their ranking.

It is not fair to the kids.

5 Likes